It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun banning politicians put record number of guns on the street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I swear, these anti-liberty politicians are the gun dealer/manufacturers best friend.

One-day sales of handguns in Arizona jumped 60 percent to 263 on Jan. 10 compared with 164 the corresponding Monday a year ago, the second-biggest increase of any state in the country, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation data.

Handgun sales rose 65 percent to 395 in Ohio; 16 percent to 672 in California; 38 percent to 348 in Illinois; and 33 percent to 206 in New York, the FBI data show. Sales increased nationally about 5 percent, to 7,906 guns.

Sales surge

The same has been happening to "high cap" magazines.

It's like a massive "arms dump" whenever politicians try to push their agenda in the wake of incidents like this.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Anyone else fondly remember the week after Obama got elected?
Ahhhh, all those THOUSANDS of fresh guns in the country xD

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by TasteTheTruth

I remember prices taking a sharp jump.

Took a good year and a half for demand and supply to stabilize.

Funny this ban talk is occurring right before SHOT Show. Pre-orders are going to be ridiculous for just about anything.

These are going to be a big hit: www.gunblog.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

Yes I do remember exactly what happened after he was elected. Guns sales soared as did ammo. Ammo prices went through the roof and some types of ammo for certain guns you could not find anywhere. I already have my high capacity mags for my Glock, bought them awhile back in case TSHF. I also have several extra regular mags for it.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Iamherefornow because: left words out

edit on 13-1-2011 by Iamherefornow because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just like the government with drugs. Make it illegal, or at least threaten to make it illegal, and the sales/prices skyrocket.

new topics

top topics

join