It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do People See the Most UFOs In USA? (MAP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Infographic of the Day: Where Do People See the Most UFOs ?

Let's get this out of the way early: Here at Co.Design, we are UFO skeptics. Still, we can't ignore the fact that every single day thousands of UFO sightings pour in across the country. Maybe as long as mankind has walked on two legs, we've thought there was something crazy in the heavens (and it's coming for us!!!).
So where do people tend to see the most UFOs? And, why there? Slate has put together a very nifty little infographic, showing UFO sightings per capita in every county of the U.S. The results vary wildly--New Yorkers, for example, have only seen 5 UFOs per 100,000 people in the last 15 years. But those in living in Esmeralda County, in southern Nevada, have seen a whopping 479:

[Click to visit interactive version]

As you can see on the map, UFOs have a predilection for appearing in sparsely populated counties out west, and rural counties in general. At first sight, this makes no sense. If you're a UFO buff, you'd probably argue that the aliens are trying to watch people without much interference, so they're trying to pick off a loner here and there. Then again, if they didn't want to be detected, I'm pretty damn sure that detection would not be a problem given their laser rays, tractor beams, and interstellar technology. Meanwhile, if you're a UFO skeptic, you've got to wonder why such a phenomenon doesn't scale to population size more directly. After all, aren't city slickers just as likely to be as loopy and unscientific as rural folk? (Let's assume that this isn't a statistical fluke, created by, say, one UFO nut reporting hundreds of sightings.)
A few thoughts.
If you actually believe in UFOs, then maybe it makes sense that they're seen more often where skies are clearer and darker.
But if you're a UFO skeptic, there's probably some element of culture that's contributing to the mass delusion. After all, Esmeralda County in Nevada, where 479 people out of every 100,000 sees a UFO, borders Area 51, a place brimming with conspiracy theories and wild speculation. If you're on the hunt for a close encounter, you get your ass to Esmeralda. And meanwhile, it's probably a lot easier for people living in sparsely populated counties to spread the UFO bug. When your cousin Clem insists he saw one, and he's the only other soul around for miles, and you're out in a field at 2 am one night, well damned if you're not more likely to see one yourself.

Link

I find this data to be very useful.

Here a blog where you can see the currents UFOs report:

Ufo

Cheers.

edit on 13-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
edit:frustrated there's not one for other areas of the world too.
edit on 13-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

After all, Esmeralda County in Nevada, where 479 people out of every 100,000 sees a UFO, borders Area 51, a place brimming with conspiracy theories and wild speculation. If you're on the hunt for a close encounter, you get your ass to Esmeralda.

Due to its close proximity to Are51, it only makes sense that there would be a high number of sightings there. The military tests top secret aircraft at Area 51. Just because they report a UFO sighting, does not mean it is an alien spacecraft. It is most likely that most of these sightings are military test aircraft.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mannie159

I agree with you. The most are military, but I believe some are not.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

Yeh, I know. but if I find some I will post here too.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This has already been posted here and also again here

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Not the same link/info. But thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have read reports of Unidentified flying object from all over the world. To me it seems most are found around dry spaces, like the southwest and drought stricken areas which is odd. This is just an opinion now but I think it is because what is the best place to do test flights? A dry flat area right? So that is my suggestion anyways. But there are a lot of reports around military bases and flight centers for obvious reasons as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
my 2cents...

the high-concentration areas are just that because of the lack of population-centers and along with that, the lack of light-pollution. The sky at night is 10x more defined than what you see near a city. space-stations/satellites/UFOs are much easier to spot.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Yeh, But we dont know about all MB locations.

new topics

top topics

join