It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords will be Pres. Obama's VP in 2012.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

"It was just the cynic in me pondering how politicians would use Giffords if she did make a full recovery and returned to congress"

Glad you cleared that up! S&F
my thoughts, exactly.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Thanks mate.
It would just be too good to be true and she would be too valuable as a political clarion to voters. Giffords would have the sympathy of both party supporters, political good will from both sides would be garenteed, I mean who would attack her politically and not come away looking like a complete schmuck. Especially if one of those advasaries in 2012 is Palin.
Add to this that the US of A really needs a story like Giffords, and they would love Giffords if she made it back. Like some kind of Phoenix rising from the ashes of the past few destructive years of political hatred, division, stagnation and vitriol that many people pinned to Tuscon, Arizona.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

It would be a good story, I'll grant you- but only as president not Obama's vp. God Deliver us from Palin and Obama both! (give them each a tv show, a nice fat salary with bennies, and a weekly write up in People or Time and they would be perfectly happy).

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not gunna' happen.

Where she stands on issues and the way she conducts herself make her stand out from the rest of the crowd in a very positive way. She's intelligent and very capable of doing great things. But ... she's not part of the NWO cabal and so it won't happen.
edit on 1/13/2011 by FlyersFan because: typo fixed

Good Point, but "that" Gabrielle Gifford was reported dead, by a surgeon, for over an hour, before they decided she was alive and speaking before and after her surgery.

So, the VP candidate will likely have a different attitude toward the party agenda and NWO than the Gabby before the shooting.

I won't speculate as to what the backstory is, or what conspiracy theory makes the most sense, but I will go out on a limb and say that a lot of things about her are going to be very different.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It is impossible for her to make a full recovery in my opinion.

A lot of people here would love that though, then they could start calling her the anti-christ because she survived a head wound. Blah.. non sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
While I believe the corrupt politician, Obama, would love to use Giffords to achieve a victory, I think the strategists are smart enough to understand that it would be thinly veiled and apparent to almost anyone with a brain that it would be a slime ball move. It would destroy any remaining credibility he'll have left by 2012.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

You really think the majority would see through it?
At least half didn't see through Palin.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It is a shame that Obama would definitely try to capitalize on her popularity.
I'm sure he thought about that possibility even before we saw the first signs of her recovery.
It's comes straight out the "taking advantage of a crisis" playbook.

The question still remains to be answered, will Giffords even remain in politics after surving such a horrific NDE?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join