It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords will be Pres. Obama's VP in 2012.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
If Obama's popularity drops any lower then most certainly, I can see her being used to aid a re-election if the public still feels strongly on the issue by then.

You do realize that Obama's approval ratings are rising...back up to 49% approval and rising. The republican controlled house will only help that...Obama is in a great position for re-election.

IF...and it is a big IF...Giffords were to get involved...the election would be over...Obama/Giffords would win in a landslide. A rising in popularity of Obama and his ability to campaign...along with Giffords by his side with her story behind her (plus she is a "blue dog" democrat which could draw more independent voters)......I can't see any combination of republicans that could stand against that combo. Palin would run and hide...she wouldn't want to get involved with that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

But will we ever know the truth?

I guess the subscription issue is interesting but may get lost is the wash.

Here is a video that might interest you. It covers the youtube-subscription mystery...and raises the question why this is not being covered by the media.

edit on 14-1-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Thanks for the video.
Interesting indeed.
I guess Gifford will eventually be asked why she subscribed to JLL, once she recovers.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

My bad, I hadn't heard anything more recent than a month old news item and a friend who seems pretty biased against Obama I've since discovered through conversations.

Still though, as you said, no one will want to stand against them if she was picked to be his VP, unless something dramatic happens to kill all popularity then the public will always vote in a survivor of a terrible incident. I think that was one of many reasons McCain was never going to win, sure he was a POW at one time but being involved in a war that the US never won at a time when we're in what people say is an "unwinnable war" just killed off all his hard work. That and honestly, Obama seemed the better candidate anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Great reply Outcast.

Its important to remember the huge IF concerning Giffords recovery and her return to Congress. That aside, if Obama is regaining some of his popularity and Giffords does become involved I too think this would be are hard task for any political opponents no matter what political affiliation you have.

Thanks again for you input.
edit on 15/1/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Not being harsh but who the heck cares??
Anyone out there still think the people REALLY decide who's president??

Or better yet, actually do what they promise in their campaign speaches??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Honestly....

She just got shot point blank in the head because of the office she held.

Do you think she'd really want to go on the national stage literally less than 18 months after that and run around the country trying to be Vice President?

I wouldn't be shocked if she even resigned from Congress. She may not do that; I'd put odds at 50/50. But be honest; if it was so dangerous to be a Congresswoman; imagine how dangerous it is to be Vice President.

I think her recovery will go well; but that doesn't mean she'll be running marathons or even campaigns. She's already demonstrated to an extent that movement will be possible; she recognizes spoken words and knows people that were close to her in her life. So most of her important mental function is there. But there's a possiblity of strokes triggered by increased stress throughout her life; she may even get PTSD due to the experince. And she has every right to be terrified to ever make a public appearance again.

I highly doubt your scenario. I suppose there's a remote possiblity but I don't think running a national campaign 18 months after a critical brain injury is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Honestly....

She just got shot point blank in the head because of the office she held.

Thanks for the breaking news.

Do you think she'd really want to go on the national stage literally less than 18 months after that and run around the country trying to be Vice President?

Do you think she will let the incident destroy her life?
Do you think it is possible that she may see it as an opportunity?(if she recovers, big if as I have stated a number of times on the thread).

I wouldn't be shocked if she even resigned from Congress. She may not do that; I'd put odds at 50/50. But be honest; if it was so dangerous to be a Congresswoman; imagine how dangerous it is to be Vice President.

Do you ever see the V.P. doing a meet and greet at the local mall?
No, you don't, do you!
The V.P. has similar security as the Pres. in that the secret service protects the V.P.
As a congresswomen, Giffords did not have that luxury of a dedicated federal law enforcement agency.

I think her recovery will go well; but that doesn't mean she'll be running marathons or even campaigns.
Her recovery is going extremely well. I hope it continues regardless of her political future.

She's already demonstrated to an extent that movement will be possible; she recognizes spoken words and knows people that were close to her in her life. So most of her important mental function is there. But there's a possiblity of strokes triggered by increased stress throughout her life; she may even get PTSD due to the experince. And she has every right to be terrified to ever make a public appearance again.

That is all possible, so is making a recovery and a return to congress...........time will tell.

I highly doubt your scenario. I suppose there's a remote possiblity but I don't think running a national campaign 18 months after a critical brain injury is going to happen.

I doubt the scenario myself.
That doesn't stop me from pondering the potential in relation to a contemporary issues. Stranger things have happened in politics. Take Sarah Palin, G.W. Bush for example, they seem to operate fine with only half a brain. Bill Clinton had most of his mind in his pants when he was Pres. Dan Quayle...enough said.

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
Dan Quayle, 12/6/89
All Giffords has to do is "be prepared".

Thank you for the reply/

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
no no no no no no noooooooooo

obamanation cannot be re-elected, and he surely would be. NO
he shouldnt be allowed to fundamentally transform his way out of a paper bag, keep him out of the country.

giffords deserves to stand next to the people who are just, and not a shodow puppet anchorhead

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

I hear ya!
But we know how the game is played.
If she makes a full recovery, her political currency will be invaluable.
Thanks for adding your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Say, wasn't the Antichrist supposed to have been thought to be dead, or to have come back from the dead, or something like that, before becoming powerful?

The patriarchs had it wrong all this time...
lucy fer?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Don't give me ideas Dan, I thought I was pushing the boarders of reality with this thread already.

Interestingly spooky speculation, none the less Dan.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Say, wasn't the Antichrist supposed to have been thought to be dead, or to have come back from the dead, or something like that, before becoming powerful?

The patriarchs had it wrong all this time...
lucy fer?

This actually popped in my head when I saw that quote "It's a miracle. We're looking at a miracle."

The Antichrist.....a woman.....yeah, that would throw a few Bible scholars for a loop.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

if you think about the "typical Democratic platform" it would make perfect sense.
as opposed to a rightist ideal...arnold and palin

the world is out of wack enough
:laughing insanely:

hey PB
*sigh* silver linings in every cloud
edit on 31-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

O.K. You two can just stop it with the whole Anti-Christ business.

I thought woah! When they started with the "Its a miracle" thing. Imagine if she makes it back to Congress. They will be in overdrive with the "Miracle" talk IMHO.
She'll have the religious right on their collective knees. Think of all those holy voters.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Dude, Imagine if it were Palin running for Pres or again as the VP nominee vs Giffords. Think of the rhetoric surrounding Palin just after the shooting etc. I think I read a quote where Giffords actually commented on Palin and the Tea Party regarding the potential for someone to be shot. It would certainly make great theatre and no doubt the Dems would love to cash in on Giffords v Palin. The Victim/Miracle of Giffords vs Palin.

I wonder if Palin would accuse Giffords of being the Anti-Christ.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

have you seen the movie "Machete"?

the lunch counter revolutionary babe gets it in the head in one scene
which leaves the viewer thinking she must be dead,
and then comes back as a super hero beatch at the end of the movie.
with an eye patch, looking like wonder woman.

( and BTW all the best to the congresswoman what is said as a comment on the world is not ment to make light of her personal tragidy, I have nothing but hope she will have the best outcome possible)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
She'll have the religious right on their collective knees. Think of all those holy voters.

Actually,
it might go the other direction. Everyone who could tie those antichrist clues together would be cringing while a whole lot of others were "waking up" to a religion based around the "new divine leader" who would fit perfectly int a new Mother Earth religion.
We could go on for days with this theme I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
lets just say...For fun
IMHO
the seriously religious right would vote whichever way looks like it will make their bible come true
guarenteed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

What have I started?

She will be Obama's VP. O.K!

You two reign in your Anit-Christ shenanegans or I'm calling a Mod, or maybe a priest.
Actually, Is AshleyD both of those in one?
Anyway. Giffords is not Linda Blair, umm K.

BTW, In all seriousness, I hope she makes a full recovery. I think I have already stated that a few times. It was just the cynic in me pondering how politicians would use Giffords if she did make a full recovery and returned to congress.
Stranger things have happened in Politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join