It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to meet your guide, an exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
As an 'eclectic' spiritualist, I tend to mix and match techniques from various origins to fit my needs. After all, the most important things are the progress you make on your spiritual journey and the results you get. If there is one thing I strongly belief, it is that we are all guided... on the conditions that:
1.: we allow ourselves to be guided.. and 2.: we allow our guide to guide us.
Unfortunately I meet a lot of people who say they can't feel or contact their guide and they do not feel guided at all.

The following technique I like to share with all of you is one that originated in self hypnosis and regression therapy, mixed with meditation and visualization... with the goal to meet your spiritual guide.
It's a fun exercise that requires a bit of imagination and one that you can try before going to sleep or any time during the day when you are sure you won't be disturbed. Don't worry, you won't go under hypnoses, I assure you that you will stay fully conscious during the exercise, only in a very relaxed state, like in a meditation.
The intention is that you go with the flow in your visualizations, so it doesn't require the focus you need in advanced meditation... it would be best to set an alarm clock on 30 min... wouldn't be the first time I fell asleep why doing this (unfortunately when that happens, you didn't have the chance to experience the grand finish)

First thing to do is find a quite place to lay down where you are comfortable and won't be disturbed. Close your eyes and relax. Focus on your breathing and take long, slow breaths.

Imagine that you are outside, try to see your environment as if you are really there. This can take a few min to achieve, but once you have the image before your eyes you won't loose it.
Now see in front of you and imagine stairs going down, leading to a beautiful green garden.
Try going down the stairs, very slowly and relaxed.
Tell yourself that, with every step you take, you become more and more relaxed. See the stairs and see the garden below you and go down till you reach the garden in the most relaxed state. Once there, take a few min to admire that garden and keep the image real.

Imagine a soap bubble in your garden, one large enough to fit you inside it. Take a moment to make the image real and don't loose sight of your garden. Once you have it, slowly walk towards the bubble and step inside of it.
When you feel you are loosing grip on your visualization, take a moment to strengthen it.

Your inside the bubble? Good, now with your mind, tell it to move up towards the sky and bring you to the stars!
While the bubble is moving, with you in it, look outside, see your garden getting smaller under you and enjoy the ride until you find yourself between the stars.

When you get to this point you should feel completely relaxed and one with your visualization. At this point you won't loose it so easily.

Ok, by now you have reached the stars and you can see several around you. Now pick one. It doesn't matter which one or which color or size it has, just pick the one you like most and Command your bubble to take you there and land on it's surface.
Again, take your time to see your environment move around you, see how you are getting closer to the star and experience the entire journey towards the surface of the star... don't loose the image.

When you get to the star, look around, the way the surface looks in entirely up to you, it's your star!
See in front of you, there is a small house with a door. Know that you are invited to go inside.
Slowly walk towards the house, open the door and walk in. Close the door behind you.
Imagine there is a chair standing in the middle, facing the door. Walk towards it and sit on it.
Watch the door. Keep the image real

now for the most fun part.

Any sec now, that door will open again and someone will walk in. Don't think about who it might be and how he/she looks like, don't assume anything yet. Just wait, without expectations and watch.
This person that will walk in is your guide.

The goal of this exercise is to bring you to this point.
What happens next is entirely up to you. Sometimes your guide will talk to you, tell you something or give you advice, sometimes you can ask it a question, sometimes he/she will show you something.... anything can happen now, you just have to sit on the chair and watch and listen.
The appearance of the guide is not important, he can be in person or animal form. It can take the appearance of someone you know or knew. Just know it is your guide taking the form he thinks is best suited for you at this moment.

To end, just say goodbye to your guide and open your eyes.

I hope some of you at least enjoyed that and are going to try it out. I'm eager to hear how it went and what you experienced during the exercise.

And if you don't believe in guides,
at least it will be a fun and relaxing trip and it may be worth it to analyze what you saw...
edit on 13/1/2011 by GypsK because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Thanks Gypsk! I will try this. Nice post F&S. Can you tell us about your experiences? I for one would love to hear about your guide, what he or she said (if thats not too intrusive). Peace and Love to you all.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
As an 'eclectic' spiritualist, I tend to mix and match techniques from various origins to fit my needs.

That was very nice to read. "Eclectic spiritualist" - I'd never heard it put that way before, but I think I'm one, too!

I loved your visualization.

I met my guide when I was much younger. Her name is Amila and although I haven't felt in contact with her for some time, I'm pretty sure that if I tried, I would feel and see here there. She had long dark hair, a blue dress and dark skin. She has been a great comfort at several times in my life.

Thank you for the post.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

She sounds beautiful. Maybe you should stay in contact with her? Would you please tell us things she said or communicated to you if that's no too personal? Peace!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

I first did the above exercise 12 years ago. A friend who was far more experienced in this talked me through it, like in regression therapy. Later I recorded it on a cassette tape and used it as a self-hypnoses exercise... over the years I added things and left other things out, changed some of the techniques so they would work better for me and eventually it grew into what it is now.
I did this every night and my guide always came in a different form. The first times I could see his mouth move, but I didn't hear any sound. And still now, I can't read words. My guide often hands me a book, but when I open the pages I still can't read them... very odd..
The messages I got seem to go together with the things going on in my life at the time, for example, one time the door opened a I saw a giant spider! I was horrified... then the spider said to me "facing what you fear is also a part of growth".
I met my guide many times and had hours of conversations with it about anything you can imagine. At times I disagreed with what it said, left angry, only to figure out later that he was actually right...

He only gives advice but never tells me what to do or hand me a short cut in life... and he also doesn't give you the lottery numbers (for anyone who is thinking of trying that, lol), he doesn't make things happen... he just gives advice so you can get the insights you need.

After a while I started to change the appearance of the house, adding rooms to it, decorate it... and whenever I got there, the house was as I left it the last time and my guide was already waiting. Now I can skip the part with the bubble and directly go there... it's my psy-house, I created it and it feels like a home to me. Sometimes there are 2 or more guides there.

I never read anything about this in books and for a long time I thought I was the only one who had such a house, until a couple of years ago I met someone on the Internet who also created such a house, she gave it the term "psy-house" so I kept calling it that.

I also like to add that, when I'm not in the right state of mind, or far to unbalanced, I can't get there. Then, for ex, the stairs won't end, or they move up again... or there is no garden but a dessert instead, lol... it's frustrating when that happens but I learned that it's better to stop then and try again another time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

hehe, "eclectic spiritualist"... that's what you call yourself when you don't fit in any other box

I'm sure your guide is still guiding you, even when you don't pay attention.
Did you also get the impression that she feels more 'real' then any other person you met on Earth?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't know if I want a guide... sounds like being told what to do, so I'm going to visualize an imaginary boyfriend instead.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

hehe ,
whatever works best for you
enjoy your IB

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Did you also get the impression that she feels more 'real' then any other person you met on Earth?

Another interesting phrase. What I can say is that I remember her better than people I saw just a year ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Cool when everyone leaves my house today I will try this, as I have been getting back into the whole meditation thing, it actually helps me calm down and focus on my school better. I will post my results here when I am done, I hope this works for me as i have never met my guide before. I can only hope it works.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Also instead of a garden could I picture water I seem to get better results when I see water as it has a calm effect on me. Just asking.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

or course, you can change the visuals any way you like.
Good luck and let me know how it went

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've never been great at visualizations, but I would like to try this. Any advice on what I can do to perhaps visualize better? Maybe some exercises or something that help, or should I just go ahead and practice this until I get better at it.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by inval

Hey Inval,

You can just jump into this exercise and see how good or bad it goes first. Visualisation is just like daydreaming... you have to get into the image so far that you forget the world around you.

if you really want to practice you can start by visualizing numbers from 0 to 9 once or twice a day... this doesn't have to take to long. Do this day after day untill it becomes easy. After that you can try visualizing them in 3D, make them turn around and upside down without loosing the image. And if you want to go futher then that, try touching them with your visualized hand, try to feel it.... or imagine the letters are made out of chocolate and try tasting them... you can go as far in this as you like.

If you can call up any visualisation you choose by will, and experience it with all your senses, see, touch, hear, taste and smell it, then a whole new and exiting world will open for you.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Appreciate the reply, I will give this a go then. Sounds like an interesting practice with the numbers as well. Just beginning my journey into this sort of thing, looking forward to the experiences.

S+F

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by inval

I used to find the numbers practice a bit boring
but it helps
Let me know the results you get, I'm curious

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am definitely going to try this. It seems my visualization skills are becoming stronger, and I am confident I will have success. I had an angel visit me the other night. Being in her presence was like being dropped into the peak of a certain drug trip that causes Extreme happiness and makes music come alive. It was joy that was almost unbearable being in the angels presence. When the angel started to take form in my third eye (my eyes were closed), I began to behold a type of woman that was so beautiful it was almost scary to look at her. I noticed that she was full of life, and even her hair was full of life. I was too scared and overwhelmed with her presence of love to allow her to remain. But although I was scared, I could still feel her Pure absolute unbounded joy. It's not like being in the presence of a demon (which I have been in the presence of before too). Her intention was to make me feel joy. The demon's intention was to make me feel fear.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

That sounds like a wonderful experience! one I like to have one day... I don't mean meeting or seeing angels, but having the full range of emotional feelings with it that you describe, that part always seems to be missing in my experiences

Have fun trying this visualisation and let me know your results, I'm really curious if other people get same like results with it then I had

new topics

top topics

join