It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My faith in the human race restored.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So i was sitting here, late night thinking, and stumbling on stumbleupon when i came across a rather touching story..
www.gimundo.com/Articles/Daily/1009/5/4/2008/Volunteer_ Guards_Bridge_to_Save_Lives

A man in Nanjing China has dedicated his time to guarding a bridge over the Yangtze River
but hes not guarding from attackers or traffic accidents,
hes guarding suicide jumpers with his pure soul.

I too often see people on here talking down on the Human race,
If we lose faith in ourselves, where does that leave us in terms of progressing with our lives?
we just give up.

I saw this and reassured myself, that there may be psychopaths, and killers, and evil people controlling the world. However there are also kind people, caring people, people who love others.
we should all learn something from them, whether it be by doing good deeds in your community,
volunteering to help the homeless, or the sick, or the lonely, or the ones on the verge of death.
if we dedicate ourselves to restoring that faith in each and every one of us, theres a lot we can accomplish.
everyone says they want a better world, well look to Chen Si as a role model.
Who can we help, if we dont help ourselves?
Thanks for reading.
One love, peace to all.

edit on 13-1-2011 by NeoAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Let the bastards jump, why should we be bothered by their deranged existence! To be on the loosing team is a choice! If they are not willing to stand up for themselves they are sure not able to stand up for us!
[irony]

-Suicide is an inevitable effect of left-wing mentality; free individuals choose intoxication before death!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
Let the bastards jump, why should we be bothered by their deranged existence! To be on the loosing team is a choice! If they are not willing to stand up for themselves they are sure not able to stand up for us!
[irony]

-Suicide is an inevitable effect of left-wing mentality; free individuals choose intoxication before death!

Deranged existence?
sometimes life deals people a #ty card, and they lose their faith in humanity and themselves.
because people had done them wrong.
those people that were wrongdoers probably thought they were bastards as well...
So, if the world came crashing down on your head, and you were on the verge of suicide, you are saying you would want someone to turn a cold shoulder to you...
wow.
They dont need to stand up for us, We need to stand up for them.
maybe if they are shown that theres more to life, they would be inclined to stick up for someone else..
They need the help.

im sure your mind would be changed, if you were walking down a bridge and saw the girl/boy of your dreams about to commit suicide, i hope you wouldnt just keep walking.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
[irony]

What??

Okaaaaayyyyy

That is the most ignorant, ridiculous thing I've read today on ATS.... and that's saying something.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

errr how many people on the good side want people like you if youre not gona save anyone but yourself.
haha you see where those people end up in the movies!! the aliens like the taste of you, mmm

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Now I know why the Swedes and Danes have the attitude they have to Norwegians, because of people like you, if we were on a different site I'd put you on ignore.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Good for him. What a kind soul. People are fundamentally good. I really cannot see how political orientation is connected to suicide rates. I think suicide is an equal opportunity crime.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Hopefully you have someone around you to show you love and kindness - or before too long - with that life attitude of yours - you’ll be ready to ‘take a leap.’

Great find OP - Thanks for posting something so beautiful!

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That's Great
I live close to one of the most notorious suicide spots in the UK.. "Beachy Head"

The site has it's own volunteer squad set up to directly intervene and prevent as many suicide attempts as they can (there are still around 20 per year).. the cliffs run for miles so the job is a huge one, and the attraction of the spot is mesmerising.

The team consists of a Proactive front line team, an On call response team, a Search dog unit, and and after care team.. and when you see the number of small memorial crosses that litter the cliff tops, your heart can not help but be moved to help those poor souls who feel that jumping is the only option left to them.

The Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team

As for the callous comment, well, one of the most head breaking cases recently was of a husband and wife who threw themselves off the cliff each had a rucksack, one contained the body of their disabled child (who just died of meningitis) and the other filled with their childs toys. While I may come across at times as an unmoving bar steward, this case broke my heart and I can not understand why it would not break anyone elses heart.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Very welcome, i just wanted to add a little more positivity to the site..
it seems most are preoccupied with the negative side of things.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Great to hear...
maybe the golden gate bridge needs one of these teams...
Well any places known for suicides should have a team or at least someone..

edit on 13-1-2011 by NeoAstra because: added

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Let the bastards jump

A man sees in front of his eyes, slaughtered his whole family.
The man has nowhere to turn, he becomes isolated, and sad.
He is lost, but you say let the bastards jump.
Thats an example of a potential jumper, you are cold-hearted. I feel for you

I pressed him to the ground. He started to cry.”
piece of the article above
edit on 13-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Understood that's why I flagged you and heavily edited my response to the Nord thread wrecker, in it's original form it would have had way too much negativity for this thread about just plain goodness, thanks for the good news!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Genuinely good call, imho you should try to run with this Idea you might actually achieve something special.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Y'know I think I just might...
It couldn't hurt to try.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
an insight in the jumping phenomena

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

A fantastic post and a welcome one given the amount of doom and gloom posts that appear on the internet.

Only marred by Nakiel's blinkered uneducated response.

reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I highly recommend this documentary for an excellent insight into the stories behind what prompt people to jump. Nakiel you'd do well to watch this so your posts aren't so negative and ill thought out.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Sad video...
yknow there could be a lot more done about the bridge factor...
why dont they build safety nets that extend off of the bridges?
i mean, true they can find another way to do the deed.
but maybe if they tried and failed they may take it as a sign from life, or from whatever they believe in.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAstra
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Great to hear...
maybe the golden gate bridge needs one of these teams...
Well any places known for suicides should have a team or at least someone..

edit on 13-1-2011 by NeoAstra because: added

Thanks... those spots are heart breaking.. and I really hope the Golden Gate does get something like this..

I live by the spot where Virginia Woolf filled her pockets up with rocks and walked into the The Ouse (River).. Suicide is such a shame and such a waste of precious life.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Wow thanks for the laughs, im hoping your trying to be sarcastic. Sounds more like your a troll that has too much time on your hands, or you just need a hug eheheh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join