It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reminds me of New Orleans and Katrina only the people are calm and not shooting at each other.

and the second line seconds my point.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
I don't want to be critical of these people, because I don't understand them.

However, consider this:

1. Choose a spot away from crowds, preferably near your home.

Errr yeah like where exactly? Do you know how many people India has?

Preferably near your home? What if you HAVE NO home? Ever thought about that while sipping your latte?

2. Dig a hole. The deeper the better.

Oh really? I suppose people haven't thought of that?

3. Stand over it to defecate.

Now there's something revolutionary.

4. If you can, put a structure over it for privacy and inclement weather.

Oh sure. Try doing that when you don't know where your next meal is coming from and you've got 3 kids to feed who live in a slum. I'm sure the most important thing on their minds is how to 'inclement weather' right?

It's called an outhouse. Without the structure it's free. If you don't have a shovel, borrow one.

Borrow one? From whom exactly? Do you know barely anyone uses shovels over here? Or is that impossible to imagine in the dreamworld of the West? It's damn simple. If you don't need a shovel to do your thing then you DON'T NEED A SHOVEL.

Seriously you people take the cake. I've been reading this topic for a while now and I've finally reached boiling point. Yes I am from 'disgusting' India as you may have figured by now and I'm an avid ATS lurker/reader but this whole 'deny ignorance' slogan is the most hypocritical thing ever for a site that's filled with numbskulls who know jack # outside of the U.S of f******A and Europe.

Now everyone read this and read this good.

1) What you see in those pics is a tiny and I MEAN TINY section of India. India is the 7th largest country in the world and yes we are a poor country but that does not mean ALL of India looks like THAT. What if I posted pics of homeless people in say Brooklyn taking a dump on the sidewalk? Would you all think all of America was like that?

2) No Indian with education and common sense says that the Ganga is a river that 'purifies' your soul or whatever. The people who live in that part of India are steeped in superstition and inane religious beliefs. Everyone here knows that if you drink/bathe in the Ganga you WILL FALL SICK. It's a damn fact.

3) Yes we do have friggin toilets. Regular ones. You know the ones you high and mighty Westerners have? Yeah those. WITH toilet paper and sinks and tubs and showers and soap and shampoo and friggin apricot scrub. Shocking isn't it?

4) My country is far from perfect but hell we know how to appreciate the good things that come our way unlike you people. Republicans this, Liberals that, Obama this, Palin that blah blah blah. Get out of your house, sit in the park and enjoy the sun on your face and thank your lucky stars because we can't even do that here most of the time.

5) Those people you see in the pictures live like that because they can't live anywhere else or any other way. India is a very unforgiving place due to all the crazy intricacies within society. But you know what, those people who live there might be poor and 'disgusting' but they appreciate the simple things in life far more than you all can imagine.

6) If you want to know India you need to come here and spend time here for AT LEAST a year to even get a basic idea of what it's like. You WILL go back a changed person that's for sure.

7) Read some damn books on other countries. They exist you know and as mind boggling as it is to you 'enlightened' 'advanced' souls, we LIVE DIFFERENTLY.

8) Get over yourselves.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Seriously guys.
Listen to yourself.

I'm a Hindu and to be honest, I've never heard about the dead floating around in my religion.
We cremate our bodies...we do a ceremony in the Ganga because we believe it's holy...there's a whole story about it, maybe I'll recount it one day.

Has anyone ever thought that the reason why the dead might be floating around is....murders...deaths by accident?

We don't believe, well I don't believe, in throwing bodies randomly in the Ganga.

We don't do our holy things in that part of the river...the Ganga is 2506 km long and not all of it is polluted...

Those who bathe in it and probably those without a home...what you believe to be 'holy' and 'bathing' would occur in the Ganges..where there are temples...do you see any temples near the polluted parts?
NO.
The homeless dwell around the Ganges because 1) it's a source of water for free and 2) it helps them grow rice crops.

And it wasn't like pre-1800s that people never fell into cess pits in England.

Seriously guys.
People have to RESORT to this issue because they can't AFFORD A TOILET OR A CLEAN SUPPLY OF WATER TO BATHE IN.
Not to mention that the government is corrupted and can't be arsed to lessen the strain on infrastructure..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Thank you, my friend.

At least there is someone with sense around here!

edit on 14-1-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good god what a parade of horrors that is...
The picture of the living were far worse then the dead in my oppinion...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Thank you. Sorry I can't reply to your message. Apparently I can't reply since I don't have 20 posts yet. Heh weird.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Great point, I really agree... one can make a whole country look like crap by only showing the absolute extremes.
The people who dont have toilets or water need help to cover their basic sanitary needs.
Oh and, you earned a Star

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
HILARIOUS. I love how almost every post is about the US, sorry guys, but typical.

Read my earlier posts, india is amazng!

edit: to speak generally though, most posts on here are more disgusting than the photos, no doubt.
edit on 14-1-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
unbelievable what a government..to let this happen? Some cultures I will never fully understand!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

edit on 14-1-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have no favoritism about the Indian culture. They are pretty much stuck with their religion Hindu and there is not much you can do about it. They have to overcome their caste system to become an advanced member of the humanity. They are behind, far behind in their cultural maturity. One example for this is that they have no respect for the human labor in terms of paying for the gratitude for the service being provided to them. This is from even someone who has lived in the US for a long time. This shows the lack of respect for the culture of the country that they live in.

I feel sorry for them. And that's why they are discriminated in this country because of this kind of their callous attitude. They are treated pretty much the same as the underprivileged African Americans living in the US by the average citizens.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Those people must be immune to the stomach flu

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

i will be bathing in the ganga within weeks, in rishikesh it's ultra clean, as you said, it's a very long river. I am sorry to be frustrated with people on here, its just that no one has any idea. PEACE

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Doing a quick search brings up info that India is aware of the problem and is trying to correct it.

In Varanasi, India's most sacred city, the coliform bacterial count is at least 3,000 times higher than the standard established as safe by the United Nations world Health Organization, according to Veer Bhadra Mishra, an engineer and Hindu priest who's led a campaign there to clean the river for two decades.

Coliform are rod-shaped bacteria that are normally found in the colons of humans and animals and become a serious contaminant when found in the food or water supply.

"Polluted river water is the biggest cause of skin problems, disabilities and high infant mortality rates," says Suresh Babu, deputy coordinator of the River Pollution Campaign at the Center for Science and the Environmet, a watchdog group in New Delhi, India's capital.

Source

Mishra says he's especially concerned for the future of India's most devout Hindus, whose lives are entirely focused on Mother Ganga. He calls them an endangered species. "They want to touch the water, rub their bodies in the water, sip the water," he said, "and someday they will die because if it."

"If you tell them 'the Ganga is polluted,' they say, 'we don't want to hear that.' But if you take them to the places where open sewers are giving the river the night soil of the whole city, they say, 'this is disrespect done to our mother, and it must be stopped.' "

Source: Same as above.

Again here is another person working on it too:

The river contains untreated sewage, cremated remains, chemicals and disease-causing microbes, the researchers said. Cows wade in the river. People wash their laundry in it and drink from it. Ford said the Ganges has become the kind of place where genetic material could transfer between pathogens and create new pathogens.

"Wastewater treatment is critical to protecting human health from waterborne diseases," Ford said. "The Ganges River is a major source of disease burden in that region."

Source

They are working on it and trying to educate people about the dangers of the water. You can't use blanket statements that all of India is like that. Just like in America is there educated and uneducated people, people living in wealth and poverty.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I like the pictures very much.
It makes a point for me.
The human body and all connected to it - it is just temporary illusion.
So it's best to take on some spiritual path to advancement.
You can hide it away, but you cannot run from the facts of death and life.
If you don't like it, then follow a path to never come back!

I heard a Christian sermon on TBN.
It said Christian culture in modern times wants to hide death away.
We call it a "casket"; not a "coffin".
So even they remind people that you cannot sweeten death.

I am HIV-positive, and I cannot wait to swim in the Ganges!
I already had giardia, so I'll be fine.
I've heard of Americans who cure themselves of Ashtma and other diseases by standing in African "toilets".
We evolved with dirt.
Knights shat in their armour, and the Thames was so full of crap that British Parliament closed due to the "great stink of London".
Nothing wrong with good vegetarian poo.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

The problem is that a lot of poorer countries than India has better sanitary system. There must be something so called "fatalism" mentioned by another member in ATS at work.

Why do you have to clean your environment if you are going to die in poverty anyway? Nothing you do will change anything about your life or your family. You will never become a member of the Brahman class. You are born to be a slave. Sounds familiar?

Sounds pretty much the same as the way the blacks have been brainwashed in the US history.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Isn't this nice. They have cell phones and nuclear technology, nuclear warheads but no toilets. This is pathetic. This is a case of misguided priorities not economics.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For the record India sees itself as a world power and not a third world nation. It's hard looking at pictures like that knowing the country has made huge strides in technology and other sciences just to have a large population within it to live without proper home plumbing and a modern sewer/drainage infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
WOW. If we think we have problems here in America, as we wake up, drink our coffee, and stroll comfortably off to work, we are dead wrong. The condition of humans in general is VERY sad. What makes it even sadder is that we have the technology and resources to provide all people with everything we need. The only reason why these people are living like this, is because it is being done by design. The elites and their population control/reduction are as blatant in these images as anywhere else

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Can anyone show me four mustard seeds from a family where nobody has died?
Can anyone show me four mustard seeds from a family where nobody poos?
Can anybody show me four mustard seeds from anyone who has not eaten, drank and breathed recycled material?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join