It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Damn. Ive seen most things in Iraq like some of the pictures shown here, but India pretty much has it worst. It's sad how people still live like this while others live in the lap of luxury. People can't make things happen when all hope of restoration is lost.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So what are you trying to say here exactly, that I shouldn’t drink the water? Just joking.

LMAO
Those people are nonchalant as hell about all the rotting corps around them.
On the other hand, bathing in that man soup river probably makes the people in that region immune to the likes of even Ebola.

That’s pretty gross, and as an American living in a 3rd world country I can attest to some of those scenes but not the dead casually floating around. I knew that river was dirty, but…

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail

I for one, admire them greatly - the cultural focus on the advancement of the heart, mind and spirituality - something woven inseparably into the way they live on a daily basis - and reflected in our western eyes as a squalid, poverty stricken existence... perhaps there are some things greater then our current embodiment in this form...

Advancement of the heart, mind and spirituality? People in "western" nations are on average more intelligent, more peaceful and more happy than people of that culture. So if they are focusing on that, they are not doing a very good job at it, IMHO.

World happiness
Subjective wellbeing
Global peace index
Intelligence quotient map

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Now I didn't really know in which forum to put that thread...

So... here it is. Please mods, put it in the correct forum if this is not appropriate.

Now this thread is not to bash India... but just to expose a sad reality going on in India... and thinking maybe India government should spend some money on improving the life of it's citizen instead of building new weapons.

Filthy India Photos... WARNING VERY GRAPHIC.

It's mainly rotting corpses/turds/dead animals... and people bathing around them without even noticing...

Graphic... but I still ate while looking at them...

I mean this is a sad situation..
Far more people in India have access to a mobile phone than to a toilet, according to a U.N. study on how to improve sanitation levels globally.

Indians do their number 2 directly on the ground

Dodging leering men and stick-wielding farmers and avoiding spots that her neighbors had soiled, the mother of three pulled up her sari and defecated with the Taj Mahal in plain view.

With that act, she added to the estimated 100,000 tons of human excrement that Indians leave each day in fields of potatoes, carrots and spinach, on banks that line rivers used for drinking and bathing and along roads jammed with scooters, trucks and pedestrians. Devi looks back on her routine with pain and embarrassment.

Sad and disgusting really.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

what a beautiful place!

I know where im going for vacation.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ok.....thanks for the cyber tour of India; what do you have on China?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Dont think i wanna hear about the purity of mind of this laziness( culture my as*)...and poverty ? For heaven sake, they have a space program.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This thread is very positive, more people need to see this. If every american would see these pics I think it could do a lot of good. Americans like to think that their way of living is the only way, and any other way is impossible.

To the people that say they would die instantly, you would be amazed what your body can do when faced with survival.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That is truly discusting. If i had to live and do everything in the Gange river i would just move to bollywood were its not as poor.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
we need to cull the third world populations

cant we just fill the ganges with saltpetre. i promise after a few generations they'll be better off.
edit on 14-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I don't know what's the matter with some of you lot.

You don't really think that this is representative of how 1.1 billion Indians live, do you ?

Other than the risk of disease, I don't see anything wrong with the pictures, and what this section of Indian society is doing.

Don't get me wrong, I balked at many of the photos, but then considering that I am from another culture, that is hardly surprising.

It doesn't mean that my culture is ''right'' and the their culture is ''wrong''.

People need to understand this.

Obviously you are correct, but what does it say in reality - there is a thing called common sense, and when you avoid it, you end up drinking your toilet water.

Don't expect people to say "Oh thats just him, he's always been like that" as an excuse, it's friggen stupid.

Culture? Sure there is - plenty in the water..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
How the hell does a civilization with such repulsive hygiene grow to over a (pinky at corner of mouth) billion people? Why aren't they dying in droves due to the living conditions? An even better question is how does someone like this get my job!!

Immunity.

You go there, dance in the river and accidentally gulp down a mouthfull - Oh you pray you have a nappy on.

People from elsewhere who've been in that river HAVE DIED!

The locals however, are so used to it, it's like sewerage off a ducks back..

Oo

And this in no way makes it good - as humans, in a global world, not at all. Screw the "I like it" culture... :/

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

However, I have a terrible feeling that much of this was culminated purposely in order to harm these societies.

*sigh*... but it doesnt...

Take the hat off, and read about it...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
Those pictures are graphic and nasty. But I think someone should study the immune systems of the poor people of India. Maybe they are evolved or something. How do they manage to thrive in these conditions? They must have evolved under such unsanitary conditions so that it does not bother them. Maybe some advances in medicine can be made by studying their immune systems. I mean, yes, there are a lot of rotting corpses. Some people are clearly dying, but there are just more people being born. I see plenty of old people in those pictures. They manage to grow very old just the same, surrounded by garbage, feces, rotting corpses and who knows what else.

Look it's not hard to grasp.

we dont die from the common cold because from our history we've adapted to it. We DONT want to get the cold however.

People saying this is a good thing, that Indians can withstand drinking effluent, are blood bonkers.

I dunno, I think I'd rather not eat shiit and be ok, than just not eat it..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is the United States 20 years or so...maybe less...ahead in the future. We have it good here now...and teens worry about Facebook going down? They havent a clue as to what is important, what is un-important, what is trivial, what is vital, and what is necessary or not in this world for survival.

I for one think every child, teen, man and woman in our so called-'civilized' countries should be made to view these photos from India. But, Im sure the teens would just say "Ooo! gross!"...and then they'd text and twitter the photos to their friends...while they drive.

Pay attention to India. What they hold as 'normal' to them....is liable to become the same for us one day as society, systems and governments break down. And do we think we'd be ready to live like that?

If todays youth in America and elsewhere are our future...we are doomed because they just dont believe or realize its that bad with contaminants over there. Nor do they care. They just pull into the next McDonalds or Taco Bell.

Wonder what they'd think if the speed bumps were BODIES?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I had seen this before.Almost made ma puke!
I think Ganges river is actually very very sacred in Hinduism,if not the most.
And i also read that theres something in the water that makes it clean itself,thats why they don't get sick when brushing teeth,bathing or drinking that water.
But anyways,its sacred to them,so we can't criticize without getting bashed.
All i can say is,i've never been comfortable around corpses and dead.And seeing the close relationship they have with it is just crazy in my book.
What worries me is the condition of the hospitals,the health and sanitary system.This is a country that's in the BRIC group.Economists see India becoming a potency in 20-30 years.
Where the hell is the progress? where is the money being wasted on? Bolywood?
Huge expensive gifts and even more expensive parties in old historic Forts and castles for the wealthy couples?
Beats me,im not a economist.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't want to be critical of these people, because I don't understand them.

However, consider this:

1. Choose a spot away from crowds, preferably near your home.
2. Dig a hole. The deeper the better.
3. Stand over it to defecate.
4. If you can, put a structure over it for privacy and inclement weather.

It's called an outhouse. Without the structure it's free. If you don't have a shovel, borrow one.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

I think the whole "India to be superpower" is a cruel joke that people who've never lived in India make.
edit on 14-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I spent 6 years living in India, and it was one of the most rewarding and amazing places I've ever been too.

In our eyes these scenes are disgusting and sick. But you're talking about the RELIGION of another culture.

Who are we to judge. For them, this river is sacred and holy, they are just returning the raw materials of life to the sacred Ganges to be recycled and given back to the planet.

I want all those damning this place to ponder one thing: These people aren't stupid, they bathes and swim in this corpse littered water because they believe it's holy, have you as much conviction regarding your respective beliefs??

I believe not.

I can think of a few Western practices that are sicker than this. god bless these devotees.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
I don't want to be critical of these people, because I don't understand them.

However, consider this:

1. Choose a spot away from crowds, preferably near your home.
2. Dig a hole. The deeper the better.
3. Stand over it to defecate.
4. If you can, put a structure over it for privacy and inclement weather.

It's called an outhouse. Without the structure it's free. If you don't have a shovel, borrow one.

My father told me that when he was a boy, they did not have a toilet, but they used this intriguing mechanism instead. If those Indians wanted to, they could use something similar. Their feces on the streets are not a consequence of their poverty. It has more to do with laziness or culture of fatalism, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the tour of Squalid India. No doubt a very aromatic place. I have to laugh reading people's reactions to these pictures - it's as if many of them had never seen a slum before. That's India for you, a rich country with billions of poor people.
For all the disgust and criticism this post has generated It's important to remember that India has been this way for thousands of years. Yes, mortality rates are high but somehow it works and life goes on.
There might even be a few lessons to be learned by us westerners.
S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join