It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ya, not on my list of places to visit.

here is another worry.

en.wikipedia.org...

man eating goonch catfish aye?

I'm sure there are many places in the world where there is some type of weird critter such as this but it makes me wonder.

Put bodies in the water and things will make a meal out of it as has been pointed out.... things in the water start attacking live bodies.

Any connections there?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
thats what they figure!

lol, so many bbq bodies and so the fish have a human "fry"

yum!

the thing is, that catfish will get bigger.

other fish won't.
edit on 13-1-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
thats what they figure!

lol, so many bbq bodies and so the fish have a human "fry"

yum!

yeah, I just read further down the article. I will have to say that is a pretty damn good reason to not put yer dead in the water I must say.

...but imagine having a dead body that is a loved one and having no idea what to do with it and no money.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That's overpopulation for you. Maybe wouldn't happen if we didn't have to # enough to make 6 billion of us. I can't see any government in the world being able to clean that up without evacuating the place, carpet bombing it and rebuilding it from scratch

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Very colorful, very strange, VERY awesome. It is tragic some of the things i have seen there, devastating. Although the overall feeling of the heart and spirit of India is amazing, so incredibly inspiring, it's a magic place, and you are ALWAYS welcome. The amount of times a stranger put me on their bike and we roared through the hectic streets to my destination, free of charge are endless, one minute you're asking directions, the next you're being served drinks, 4 stories up next to the city palace, being told of legendary battles with the maharajah. It's just grand.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ive seen some death in my short days, but seeing photo after photo of people bathing, drinking, and swimming in these waters almost made my stomach turn.

yikes.

my body is my temple.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

true but it should be a state matter.

1.5bil people and the caste system, it is hard to control.

then add in the religiousness of the river. tough call.

how the hell someone can poop in a hole is beyond me! we have them here, not a chance in hades i would use one.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

yes, thanks for that reply!

i know there are beautiful places there. lots of them!

i was trying to find my friends pics of india, they are so nice but i think he took them down.

it's like pakistan, very pretty but for some of the obvious problems.

and every other place on earth, btw.

to clean the ganges and others would take a personal commitment and state help.

crematoriums and then cast the ashes into the rivers. that would work, i think.

if i had money, i would do that.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They must have the strongest immune system amongst human beings...the corpses in the river is a cultural thing, I won't touch on that, but those garbage!! I heard the rats are as large as a cat in India! There are quite some Indians living in my country, and honestly I have seen a lot of time they threw their rubbish on the ground - indoor or outdoor! Well, it's actually one of the places that I wouldn't go even if you pay me.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Jesus that is one horrid stink hole of a place. Dogs gnawing on dead child carcasses while people bathe and brush their teeth ten feet away!

Looks a lot like hell
edit on 1/13/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Its ironic, the most amazingly beautiful women on the planet come from squaller like this..

It really is a case of spectacular roses rising and growing from the filth.

edit on 13-1-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow! No wonder they're a rising economic superpower and our economy is faltering.

We're doing it all wrong!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

You said it far better than i did. I honestly didn't find varanasi that shocking either, it seemed quite natural, this is what happens, it is a cycle, that's what it felt like to me anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A detachment from material things/surroundings and physical gratification?
I for one, admire them greatly - the cultural focus on the advancement of the heart, mind and spirituality - something woven inseparably into the way they live on a daily basis - and reflected in our western eyes as a squalid, poverty stricken existence... perhaps there are some things greater then our current embodiment in this form...
perhaps, but I know I would struggle in those conditions...
and who am I to judge or question?
Some of the stuff we get up to behind closed doors in our so-called 'civilized' societies these days are wretched and just as bad if not worse!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

above the burning ghat.
quite nice from up here

ganga at sunset, notice the kites...

sorry if they're a bit big, i don't know how re size them.
edit on 14-1-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

just boil it long time.. add lots curry.. taste fine

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thanks for that :p My wife and I got to india a couple of days ago and are catching the overnighter from delhi to varanasi tonight.

Delhi is the filthiest cesspit I have ever seen. We have been to cambodia recently which is far poorer than india, but india makes cambodia look like a resort island.

We both really want to go out and explore delhi but basically haven't left the room.. it's not just the filth but the people and the touts are intimidating. Don't get me wrong I am sure they are lovely people and I am by no means racially exclusive (ie I hate all races = lol) but it is very very intimidating place.

We are not unseasoned travellers either, having spent the last 4 months travelling through asia. But this is another world.

Once I get to varanasi I will report on how I found in relation to the pictures.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
those photos made me sick. India is one place Ive never had a interest in visiting,and this just confirms it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join