It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's been like that on the ganges for a long time. What happens is they are supposed to cremate the bodies and dump them in the river, but usually the people are too poor to get enough wood to burn the body completely, but they still want to put the body in the holy river (it being holy is the same reason the bathe in it). The government should step in and set up places for them to cremate the bodies on the shore. It would still be weird having little drive thru crematoriams there on the shore.. but not nearly as bad as what is happening.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Read my above post. This isn't seen as disrespectful at all. They likely want to go into the Ganges when they die. Just most would like to be properly cremated. Unfortunately their poor families usually can't get the job entirely done. Rather than disrespect they still send it into it's final resting place.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Now this thread is not to bash India... but just to expose a sad reality going on in India... and thinking maybe India government should spend some money on improving the life of it's citizen instead of building new weapons.

I am from India, and i want to tell you only this that India was not like this always, it was the richest nation in the world, richer than America, Europe, U.K. and for the same reason all of the invading powers came here to loot it and govern it. The invaders have long gone but left their governing laws here, due to which came a huge divide in rich and poor populations. And i need not to say that freemasonry is also in India right from 17th century....

India and other developing nations are just testing and experimentation grounds for the world elites....

Biometric Scans Reaches India : And You Could Be Next.,

Freemasonry The Biggest Multinational Corporation in the World. ,

Lastly, i have nothing against the western culture but i find two people kissing on their lips and taking in saliva highly disgusting.

edit on 13/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
wow certainly not what ones sees in the holiday brouchers for India.

I just want to thank the OP for this thread. Not just for the images of the terrible sanitation in the Ganges but also for the link to chinasmack. Reading the comments of Chinese people stuck behind the great firewall of china is quite eye opening.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Boy the Honey Wagon would be a billion dollar enterprise! They could be set up all over and paid for by the Government, they would create jobs and dignity. Interesting how expensive it has become to visit the country and to stay in hotels, those accommodations have all of the modern facilities and amendments.

A clean water act should be brought in and treatment facilities to sanitize the excrement from the waterways.

There are still many places to swim which are not polluted but this has always been a terrible problem for India especially during the monsoons.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
India's problem, like many countries, is they have overpopulated themselves to a state of extreme poverty and inablity to effectively run the social needs of the people, including sanitation. India has so many smart people and a rich spiritual heritage, yet they have allowed their poor to overpopulate so bad, it may be a point of no return.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Next time, please suggest to U.S. President and First Lady a surprise visit to Ganges River. I'll be amazed if the First Lady doesn't vomit at the sight of the floating corpses.

Perfect. Hire more Indians to work in U.S. Someday America can have its own Ganges River.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's so sad.

Why are these people left to live in this manner. If missionaries can change peoples faith then why can't we change their lifestyles. No wonder so many die and get so poorly...

And then you get this!?

www.responsibletravel.com...

Journey down the Ganges - India's most sacred river, the heart of the Hindu faith and the soul of the nation. Its banks and waters play host to the most intimate rituals of life and death. What better way to be a part of this great country than to take to small boats and sail the river to the magical city of Varanasi? Add the chaos of Delhi, imposing forts, a desert camel safari, colourful encounters in bazaars and the incomparable Taj Mahal and you've got an incredible Indian experience.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbd37bf12707.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bc2ded486c1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91c0e73b8cf7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/265c5b0a2f85.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9dcca8304cf.jpg[/atsimg]

Just wanted to give a little balance and groundedness to this thread for a minute. This is just a reminder that there is another side to India, to it's richness and prosperity.

This is my Ashram, and you would do well to visit one day, there you will find many places to travel and visit which would be the polar opposite of what you see in this thread.

Balance.

www.osho.com...

Namaste!
edit on 13-1-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That's because the people there do not have the same values as western places or like anywhere else in the world. They have no public garbage bins, every place except really good hotels looks filthy, and the people have resigned themselves to fatalism rather than to improve their communities. They try to keep their homes clean but anything that is used by the public is treated without consideration. An article from India once said that people think that having a bigger population than China is a GOOD thing because they would have more young workers and will outperform them economically. There is a vast difference between Shanghai and Mumbai.
edit on 13-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This shows what positive thinking garbage brings to a country, like africa too which is a continant of countries like india.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Totally agree. TPTB have screwed India... India was a great nation before Britain screwed it up. Empires... are always evil.

Lastly, i have nothing against the western culture but i find two people kissing on their lips and taking in saliva highly disgusting.

Really? Interesting.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have immigrant neighbors from India and honestly one of them had gone number 2 a few times in my back yard. we really need population control in third world countries. Im all for 2 children per couple over time society will learn to handle its number and disease and illness will lower it .
edit on 13-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
People like to imagine we are different. Watch what will happen if an natural disaster, or terror attack paralyzed the US. Society would collapse, and filth will seem heavenly compared to the chaos. The third world may fair better than the US because people already know how to survive. The favelo, shanty town, or village in the third world is so close to stravation they have learned how to scrape by. In contrast, the average american knows little about producing food and shelter. If our society goes down I intend to flee to my friends homes in third world countries. At least I know that they produce food nearby, and understand how to survive hard times. It is easy to look down upon others, but only a veil of societal conditioning separates us.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

People in the third world will be killing each other over food too. Without the modern road system or automobiles it will be hard even in the third world to survive.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
thats the ultimate in recycling after seeingthose pics! jsut dump the bodies in the drinking water: X next to nuclear tainted water supply, i cannot fathom what could be worse

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
and to think that this is the nation entrusted to process our credit-card support, IRS tax-filing verifications and financial data-processing operations and customer service for institutions nation-wide.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with you all? Too think that the motto of this forum is to deny ignorance... ha what a joke.

I'm not going to go through all the pictures and explain or defend what you are seeing because I'm sure that none of you would get it, even then. I will say though that it is a huge honour to have your ashes scattered in the Ganga, and that most people get burnt on a gat next to the river (which you can watch with great detail) and then have their ashes scattered in to the river but often the poor cannot afford the ceremony so they are just wrapped and put straight in the water. I also believe that babies are not burnt (i saw one floating). However, this whole process is the central thing in Varanasi. People travel from all over the country just so they can die there, next to the source of their creator. It is actually beautiful and is very interesting to see all the natural processes that we hide behind curtains.

As for the craps on the holy ground. Well, if there are no toilets near people will use the same spot, much like you get at western music festivals (walk near the fences next time if you don't believe me!), it's really not like you walk around and everyone just goes for a crap wherever they want. But hey, this is hardly the end of the world. A lot of this is cultural rather than being the government not putting enough money in to infrastructure projects (although that is a problem).

Respecting the cow poop? Do you know anything about the medicinal properties of it?! We have every reason to respect it!

I really don't understand why people can't handle or don't like India. I was disappointed due to the lack of culture shock that I got, it wasn't bad at all.

But carry on, back to your discussion.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What's amazing to me is the lack of any gov't agencies to step in and help.
But then again, India's nation is on the rise again.

These pictures are disgusting, no one will refute that...
But at the same time, who will change it?
Surely not the people, they don't see a problem with it.

There are pictures like this from China, too.
Makes me sick to know that our American industry is taking a foothold in both countries...
...because of the lack of regulations.

Regulations that should be enforced by their own gov't.
But you can blame greed for that.

I can't appreciate the religious aspect of this.
This is not natural.
The natives of this land (N.America) never acted like this.
Savages, yes....but living in extremely unclean conditions, no.
We can actually say overpopulation of this area could be the cause.
To see this filth and lack of hygiene is, to an extent, beyond reality.
I wonder if there are forces unseen at fault here.

Pushing the people into extreme poverty.

I am thankful to be able to wash everyday.
I am thankful I can brush me teeth everyday.
With clean water.

I detest the fact that a vast amount of people take these things for granted.

That vast amount are Americans.

Be thankful for what you can do.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Talk about spiritual opression.

Yah, IF you could change peoples Faith, you could change their lives.
Some people want to remain in their ignorance and the government is happy to keep them there.

Related thread
Prince Charles hails Indian slum as model for Western life
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join