It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks for providing a link! sometimes I wish people placed the pictures better on their websites! I actually recall watching a video where the host mentioned most of our recyclables turn up in India.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000"Actually, some people, despite knowing of such facilities nearby, still opt to use the street as their toilet"

give me a break. People are not crazy, they wouldn't choose to sh*t on the streets if they had a luxurious bathroom waiting for them. Use your brains.

Originally posted by 547000"Don't give me this nonsense about people caring for poor people there. Anyone who has actually lived there knows most people are fatalistic, and even neglect the poor. If the citizens cared about poor people, they would DEMAND that the government do something. If enough people CARED about such a thing, it would be done. Just like how people, in one case, stormed the police station to lynch people who were accused of killing a cow in public, whether they had any evidence for it or not. Enough people cared about some random cow to actually do something, but these very same people take a hands off approach to the poor. A cow has more respect than a poor person in India. "

whether well-off citizens are oblivious to the suffering of the poor is not the issue. It is the duty of the government to "govern" or take care of all it's citizens. It is not the duty of the citizens to govern the government, to beg, plead and prod the government so that the government takes necessary action. The governemnet should take all necessary action on it's own accord, that's why it's in place.
Are you saying that in western countries, all the governments activities are backed by the citizens? If not, then why haven't the citizens "stormed the government" as you put it. Shall we blaim the citizens for all the government's misdeeds?
Genius, it's all about power and control. Governments will do as they please. And in India, the government doesn't care about it's citizens, hence their pathetic state.

Originally posted by 547000"People STILL do break traffic rules when they know they won't get caught. Same with littering or spitting. And the police also lets them go because they are easily bribed. The only way not to be corrupted is to have the right values, otherwise you need a surveillance society."

Yes people break rules if they feel they won't get caught. It's called crime. And crime happens all over the world.

About the police being bribed - the police are payed peanuts in India, they are treated very shabbily. There is no sense of pride in being a policeman. They have to survive, even if it means taking a bribe. They need money to survive. They're just human like everyone else. I don't blame them. It's very easy for you to say "it doesn't matter what facilities you have or how much you're paid, you have to do the moral thing". That's all talk. Very easy for you to say!

Originally posted by 547000"Prove to me they are not intrinsically prone to unhygenic habits"

In other words, you want proof that Indians are not filthy by their very nature?? wow!
You shouldn't be allowed in India again, you don't deserve it. I'm convinced that you aren't even capable of feeling remorse for the evil that you are spewing out, so full of hatred, you are.

Originally posted by 547000"people here do feel ashamed of acting like white garbage. People respect personal space and do treat public property with much more respect. It's just basic civic sense, and even hooligans seem to have it."

in other words, the worst people in your white society are still more civilised than Indians. ha! another outrageous comment displaying your undying hatred for Indians.

You should be banned from this forum and from this planet.
very sad, your comments.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1 2 3

Originally posted by 547000"Actually, some people, despite knowing of such facilities nearby, still opt to use the street as their toilet"

give me a break. People are not crazy, they wouldn't choose to sh*t on the streets if they had a luxurious bathroom waiting for them. Use your brains.

Not luxurious bathrooms, but bathrooms nevertheless. There are tons of bathroom, at least in metropolitan cities, but people still choose to use the streets as their toilet. Use your eyes.

Originally posted by 547000"Don't give me this nonsense about people caring for poor people there. Anyone who has actually lived there knows most people are fatalistic, and even neglect the poor. If the citizens cared about poor people, they would DEMAND that the government do something. If enough people CARED about such a thing, it would be done. Just like how people, in one case, stormed the police station to lynch people who were accused of killing a cow in public, whether they had any evidence for it or not. Enough people cared about some random cow to actually do something, but these very same people take a hands off approach to the poor. A cow has more respect than a poor person in India. "

whether well-off citizens are oblivious to the suffering of the poor is not the issue. It is the duty of the government to "govern" or take care of all it's citizens. It is not the duty of the citizens to govern the government, to beg, plead and prod the government so that the government takes necessary action. The governemnet should take all necessary action on it's own accord, that's why it's in place.
Are you saying that in western countries, all the governments activities are backed by the citizens? If not, then why haven't the citizens "stormed the government" as you put it. Shall we blaim the citizens for all the government's misdeeds?
Genius, it's all about power and control. Governments will do as they please. And in India, the government doesn't care about it's citizens, hence their pathetic state.
If the people are complacent, it doesn't matter who runs the government. How are you going to get officials who are not complacent if the citizenry from which officials come out from are complacent? Do you agree or disagree that the "chalta hai" attitude is what keeps India from progressing?

Originally posted by 547000"People STILL do break traffic rules when they know they won't get caught. Same with littering or spitting. And the police also lets them go because they are easily bribed. The only way not to be corrupted is to have the right values, otherwise you need a surveillance society."

Yes people break rules if they feel they won't get caught. It's called crime. And crime happens all over the world.

About the police being bribed - the police are payed peanuts in India, they are treated very shabbily. There is no sense of pride in being a policeman. They have to survive, even if it means taking a bribe. They need money to survive. They're just human like everyone else. I don't blame them. It's very easy for you to say "it doesn't matter what facilities you have or how much you're paid, you have to do the moral thing". That's all talk. Very easy for you to say!

I think it's much more than just poverty or crime, but attitude. Or do you not see people with million dollar flats chucking garbage out their balconies? Some people have no reason to be criminals, yet they still think it's okay to do what they do. They respect their own property, but not public property, even though it's indirectly owned by them.

Originally posted by 547000"Prove to me they are not intrinsically prone to unhygenic habits"

In other words, you want proof that Indians are not filthy by their very nature?? wow!
You shouldn't be allowed in India again, you don't deserve it. I'm convinced that you aren't even capable of feeling remorse for the evil that you are spewing out, so full of hatred, you are.

If you are honest with your observations you would see that it's not poverty but a mindset that makes it so. Or perhaps you should leave India and return to it after many years. I don't like India anyway, always bragging about becoming a superpower but can't even keep their streets clean.

Originally posted by 547000"people here do feel ashamed of acting like white garbage. People respect personal space and do treat public property with much more respect. It's just basic civic sense, and even hooligans seem to have it."

in other words, the worst people in your white society are still more civilised than Indians. ha! another outrageous comment displaying your undying hatred for Indians.

The worst people in society still have more civic sense than many of the sophisticated people in India. See: rich people throwing garbage onto the streets. Parents should be teaching kids those basic things, but even parents do things like chuck garbage out the car window. How are the kids supposed to learn if the parents are complicit in those actions?

You should be banned from this forum and from this planet.
very sad, your comments.
u

You're just not seeing reality. Instead you are angry that people are criticizing the flaws of India rather than seeing the truth behind the words. If you are from India you can actually confirm these things, but if you are not all you can do is blame other people for its flaws.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
im making a thread about the amazing side of india, stay tuned people. good day.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by peanutbutter
reply to post by hp1229

Dude, it's not like I'm lying. The practices that I mentioned do take place, and it's more common then you think.
I'm from NYC; trust me on this one!

See for yourself. I'm not making this up:

This is a fairly common practice among White folk.

I believe you. I am commenting on others that stereotype and make comments on the pics posted by Vitchillo.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hi Vitch, I came across this - sort of accidentally while looking for videos on the Cosmos like you do. It is an absolutely fascinating documentary and sort of gives a reason why the filthy conditions in the Ganges do not actually cause many deaths. I really recommend EVERYONE to watch this vid all the way through. When I saw them taking samples of sewage I thought of you
- well this thread!

Phage - The Virus that cures

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Take a look at the post of mine above this one. It seems to tie in with what you were saying.

Keep on taking the tablets dung

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It's promoted as curing anything, from AIDS to Cancer. That's pretty false marketing to say the least.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Looks like the american govt is learning from India.

III. Overpopulation Elections are all about numbers. The greater the number of poor and uninformed voters available, the better. Reckless population growth is therefore welcomed by corrupt Indian politicians, and even encouraged, especially within their chosen “vote banks”. Hard to believe, but governments in some Indian states actually pay money to certain communities (their preferred vote banks) to produce more children! India is therefore faced with the catastrophe of an out-of-control population growth — and no one seems to care. By contrast, China introduced a one child per family policy, as its leaders do not require vast numbers of destitute people in order to remain in power. Compare 2008 figures: China population 1,330,045,000; population density 138.6 India population 1,147,996,000; population density 349.2 (almost three times that of China)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What a dreadful place.

It's difficult to fully comprehend the scale of the filth until you see it first hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
A lot of the comments in this thread are worse than the pics, you people need to look at your lives and the cesspits you live in.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You call that balance? Such places are luxury prisons surrounded by squaller. I'm dumfounded you believe such examples even things out.

edit on 18-4-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Unbelievable!
The posts in this thread I mean...

So I guess if I post pictures of California, Philly or New Jersey then the entire United States is THAT dirty?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

New Jersey is not actually dirty. This is one of the biggest jokes made upon ignorance that has continued through ignorance,

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by keelan55

There are alot more poorer countries than India and they don't do this crap. And I want to point out this is not Indian culture, it's just they have no respect nor regard for each other in India.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oou420
That's overpopulation for you. Maybe wouldn't happen if we didn't have to # enough to make 6 billion of us. I can't see any government in the world being able to clean that up without evacuating the place, carpet bombing it and rebuilding it from scratch

It makes me wonder how just under 1/6th of the population live in that one little country? A world without poverty and without borders, or very transparent ones, would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by xanaoded

This is where I will be bathing in the ganga, cleansing my soul. This is the ganga in rishikesh.

India has long fascinated me, its breathtaking in parts, and such sadness at the squalor and inequality. Have always been drawn to it nonetheless, but want things to be different for everyone. These pictures should be the common experience, and culture/religion should not hold people back from advancing. I don't consider our society to be advancement yet either. This world needs love and less materialism, yet clean technologies and enducation, and total equality without corporate overlords.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Unbelievable!
The posts in this thread I mean...

So I guess if I post pictures of California, Philly or New Jersey then the entire United States is THAT dirty?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/740e4d06d99a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d948d45c7b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Here in California by east compton we have "the ghetto" but I agree that even though we have it bad not all of the states looks like this. There is true beauty out there if your willing to look for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

there is no other word but nasty for that,no need at all,why put dead people where you wash????

nasty as man,i will not be going there for a holiday anytime soon and i hope if the world did come to a end i really hope i do die than have them be rulers because they can live off the land,but i would rather welsh water(british water company) than have them as my sawage workers thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I'm sorry. I really don't want to appear insulting, but it is absolutely apparent that neither of you have actually travelled extensively in India. There is NO comparison to anything found in America. For that matter, the squaller I have extensively witnessed in India tops anything I have ever seen in any other third world nation- and I have been to MANY 3rd world places.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join