It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy pics from India...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by hp1229

It seems like the people who worship cow also don't care about their own feces spread all over.

Is this a coincidence?

You know I once met a Sadhu (holy man) many years ago who told me that when the world goes through a major upheaval in the future only a few countries will remain intact and India would be one of them.

I laughed it off back then saying that there are many advanced countries in the world that could survive in the event of a global catastrophe.

But after reading through this topic and your comments above I think he may just be right.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Obviously this behavior is hazardous and a bit disturbing in a densely populated area. I would imagine the beliefs stem from a time when the urban sprawl along the river was not so omnipresent, and one could defecate or send a corpse into the river without it causing any problem.

Although seeing a human corpse can be a little hard to take in, I've always liked the idea of returning my body to the circle of life (and I was born and raised in the US). I don't want to be buried or cremated, I'd rather be thrown in the woods and the the wildlife get some use out of me. Just like I throw all my food scraps out into my yard for the birds and rodents.

Sometimes traditions can't keep up with our favorite pass-time; making more babies than we know what to do with.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dr Mike takes the Ganges plunge:

He's alive and kicking, so what is the problem?
edit on 14-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

You can never become better than what you worship. That's the fundamental priciple of the "worshipping" business. That's another reason Bible prohibits worshipping idol. So, it is very important to know what(who) you are worshipping. It is a matter of life and death in some serious situations. If you worship devil, you will become a devil and no more.

That means if you worship cow, you can never become better than cow. As a matter of fact, cow would care less if the whole grass field is filled with their own feces.

It seems like the people who worship cow also don't care about their own feces spread all over.

Is this a coincidence?

Your ignorance is outstanding! Hindus don't 'worship' the cow.

The cow was venerated as the mother goddess in the early Mediterranean civilizations. The cow became important in India, first in the Vedic period (1500 - 900 BCE), but only as a symbol of wealth. For the Vedic man cows were 'the "real life" substratum of the goods of life', writes JC Heesterman in The Encyclopedia Of Religion, vol. 5.

Cows form the core of religious sacrifices, for without ghee or clarified liquid butter, which is produced from cow's milk, no sacrifice can be performed.

In the Mahabharata, we have Bhishma saying: "Cows represent sacrifice. Without them, there can be no sacrifice…Cows are guileless in their behaviour and from them flow sacrifices…and milk and curds and butter. Hence cows are sacred..."

Bhishma also observes that the cow acts as a surrogate mother by providing milk to human beings for the whole life. So the cow is truly the mother of the world.

Source

India, being an agriculture society in its early days, found the cow useful not only for milk but also for plowing the land and for transportation. The cow was very important to the Aryans, so they gave more importance to cows than the other creatures. Like you are more important to your parents than other people so they serve you more. So to respect cow is just like we respect automobile today. We care for the cars because it is a necessity. So instead of word "care", we might use the word "prayer" or "worship."

Source

They respect the cow because it gives milk, plows fields, and it's dung is used to create fire. They don't worship it as a God.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Subhuti

I think your respect for cow went too far. Not eating cow for meat is tantamout of worshipping it. All the animals are given for food for humans to survive. It is the utmost honor for any animals to be eaten by humans. No exceptions for cows.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Subhuti

It is the utmost honor for any animals to be eaten by humans.

Try telling that to a Great White while it's chomping on your butt

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

i kinda feel this way to ...if you've hunted it. I am a vegetarian though.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
People in different parts of the world have different cultures, foods and styles, but hygeine is hygeine.

I've travelled to parts of the carribean and Mexico where people were very poor, but universally they were very clean! The generations that came before me had to chop down the trees and clear land to farm in western Canada. They were poor and had to live in lean-to's before they built log cabins.

They never took a crap in their front yard or vegetable garden.!!

When I was still driving truck (Canada/US) it was well known that South Asians would drive in teams and never stop the truck unless they had to. They had a hole cut out of the floor of the cab where the bunks are and did #2 thru the hole while the truck continued to drive down the road. There were stories of repair shops refusing to work on those trucks because they were covered in human feces underneath. It was becoming common for older, out of the way truck stops to be taken over by South Asian owners. Invariably they got dirtier to the point of becoming disgusting. You could count on it.

I am the most liberal, root for the underdog guy you will come across on this site, but I find myself aghast at the hygiene thing with so many people from this part of the world. I worked with an Indian woman who positively sparkled with cleanliness, and my Pakistani neighbour has the cleanest yard in the neighborhood, so I know they all aren't that way, but there is no denying there is a phenomenon there.

It is more than just a poverty thing as poor people everywhere are not this way.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

Originally posted by Chai_An
For the record India sees itself as a world power and not a third world nation. It's hard looking at pictures like that knowing the country has made huge strides in technology and other sciences just to have a large population within it to live without proper home plumbing and a modern sewer/drainage infrastructure.

India is not a world power and you seem to mistake gigantism with strength. Even India's enormous armed forces seems to be manned by old men only able to stand on their two feet while leaning against something. These old men in uniform are in fact young and illiterate villagers with collapsed digestive systems driven into the Indian armed forces out of desperation.

It is true that India has many wonderful things like pleasant and very intelligent people, a successful space programme, many millions of millionaires, a huge high tech centres, a terrific film industry and a great history. India also has more that half a billion impoverished and desperate people, an odious caste system, poor public hygiene, primitive infrastructure and zero civic pride.

How can anyone have pride in a country that allows bloated corpses to float in a city river and what the hell is that mine field of human turds; can't they dig a hole far away from a river where people are bathing and have their sh+t there?

Pride has nothing to do with Poverty or Floating Corpses. What the pictures depict is the lack fo leadership and political atmoshphere. As usual the vote bank politicians promise to improvise the infrastructure only to win the election and never to look back at the people who put them in power the first place (sounds familiar in the US? ). The corruption is so rampant and out of control that the money is stolen away from the government's budget only to be deposited in Swiss Bank through the likes of UBS financials for the politicians and elites of India. It is not the people or the culture. If people were provided with the amenities and infrastructure governed by strict laws, the country will not be in this shape. You need not go to India to witness the above theory. Look at Katrina and the aftermath in New Orleans. We do not see the images to this extent since nobody even bothered to show the real aftermath of New Orleans. Another example would be Haiti and the earthquake victims which is nothing more than another failed government system to help the poor and needy.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ypperst
remember, this is only a small part of India.

Don't think that the whole country is like that.

Well then, don't the cities that are more affluent and educated have some responsibility towards educating those that don't?

I can't imagine a state in the U.S./Canada, or the U.K. living like this, without being descended on by federal dollars, and other missionaries, educators, and garden variety of do-gooders.

These are their own people, and they have a responsibility to help them out of this filth. /quote]

How many people or families did you help with whatever and wherever you're from? I am not implying that you're from India. You might be from US

edit on 14-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
This is a bad case of religious belief over ruling basic common sense.

Cholera >>> A water born disease

Amen. Strong orthodoxic religious values has a lot to do with altering the behaviour of the poors amidst the industrial, modernized and advancing India in addition to rampant corruption and bad politicians.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I can't imagine a state in the U.S./Canada, or the U.K. living like this, without being descended on by federal dollars, and other missionaries, educators, and garden variety of do-gooders.

These are their own people, and they have a responsibility to help them out of this filth.

You sure?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apart from cultural differences not much in it IMO.

Precisely my point. There isnt much difference except in reality besides the obvious cultural difference. There are good and bad parts to any society and country. Its a matter of how we look at it and photograph.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by matrix12
and some americans think they have it bad , lol

Indeed. Well some Americans are living in the sewers on the west coast... but still, in the sewers of a US city is better than living by the Gange River.

But I bet you could take this kind of pics in China too, and in a lot of countries in Africa...

But India is worshiping cow's dung... I mean... come on now.
Nothing against that belief... it's just that it's hard to be clean when you worship cows...

They should open a few Steak Houses, that could lighten the mood.

I mean if they want to live like that... go for it... freedom baby!

edit on 13-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

With the current POTUS, India might start looking like heaven in a few years

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So silly, the Ganges keeps flowing.
Many psychics predict natural disasters all over.
Rivers and mountains spew forth our negativity.
But Mama Ganga will always flow.
People have so got it all wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, I know one thing....living in those conditions explains why we see people from that country who have strange growths and/or other deformities on their bodies. You can't eat, drink, and bathe in those conditions and not have a population of people who have suffered the physical consequences from it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

You can never become better than what you worship. That's the fundamental priciple of the "worshipping" business. That's another reason Bible prohibits worshipping idol. So, it is very important to know what(who) you are worshipping. It is a matter of life and death in some serious situations. If you worship devil, you will become a devil and no more.

That means if you worship cow, you can never become better than cow. As a matter of fact, cow would care less if the whole grass field is filled with their own feces.

Is this a coincidence?

I'm not sure. I think it has a lot to do with Government Property vs Private Property.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Well, I know one thing....living in those conditions explains why we see people from that country who have strange growths and/or other deformities on their bodies. You can't eat, drink, and bathe in those conditions and not have a population of people who have suffered the physical consequences from it.

Agree. Living conditions and the weather which is tropical for the most part has a lot to do with the diseases.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Disgusting. You hear about the hardships of a third world country but when you actually see it...........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
jai hind !!

i will start with the war of mahabharat...which eradicated all of the true knowledge that existed on earth...or the true knowledge which you can call the vedas...why in the bible god has done more crimes then the satan himself...or if god made everything he also would have made satan so he could have killed him very easily...i want to make a point here that every religion is decieving...though i am a hindu...but hinduism in its current form is utter nonsense (thanks to the puranis) ....true hinduism or the sanathan or the vedic religion has very less followers but still remains....just search 'satyarth prakash' this book will guide you and will change your outlook on hinduism..thanks to swami dayanand who brought back the true vedic religion...no this book is not concerned with the alien or any other nonsense...but god in its truest form that is light...
and before any bashing please read this www.aryasamajjamnagar.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
So silly, the Ganges keeps flowing.
Many psychics predict natural disasters all over.
Rivers and mountains spew forth our negativity.
But Mama Ganga will always flow.
People have so got it all wrong.

Maybe for the next 30 to 40 years until the glacier melts away in the Himalayas. The rest is psychic mumbo jumbo or conspiracy theories

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join