It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge asteroid will hit Antarctica in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Heres an interesting post for you all to ponder on. Taken from Beforeitsnews.com
______beforeitsnews/story/354/755/Huge_asteroid_will_hit_Antarctica_in_2012.html

One week after this mysterious article disappeared, astronauts say the world needs to prepare for the big one — the asteroid impact that could one day devastate the Earth.Veteran Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is president of the Association of Space Explorers, which has prepared a detailed report on the asteroid threat. The Canadian Space Agency intends to launch NEOSSat next March to look for asteroids that may be hiding near the sun. The $15-million suitcase-sized satellite will circle about 700 kilometres above the Earth. A Canadian Space Agency official says NEOSSat is expected to detect hundreds of new asteroids during its first year of operation. It will also monitor the heavy traffic of satellites now orbiting the Earth to try to prevent possible collisions.”
The article hypothesized a 94% probability that the asteroid would impact on the Filchner-Ronne ice shelf and cause 2/3 of ice on Antarctica to crumble into sea. The article surmised the total collapse of all Antarctic ice within 2-4 months after impact. “A deep enough impact would crack the ice shelf like a window and total structural collapse would be inevitable, a few months at the outside.”
www.ctv.ca... the ice on Antarctica was added the the world’s ocean it would raise them by 70 meters.

UPDATE: Extremely Important ECM Announcement Coming Tomorrow the Website Earth Changes Media has some kind of news on the 2012 Asteroid.
earthchangesmedia.com...

Although its speculation as to which pole? North or south

Heres a link to IceCube www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Sorry to be cynical but if this was true it would be on more high profile websites than these, seems like fear mongering and a hit scheme for the sites

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Cool ,If anyone truly believes this ,then guess what ? You are now permitted to experience life to the max and try to do as many things in two years as you can think of.If it doesnt happen then what have you lost?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

earthchangesmedia.com isnt a reputable site???

Spinning Cosmic Dust Motes Set Speed Record

Some dust grains out in deep space are spinning at mind-boggling rates. According to data from the European Space Agency's Planck space telescope, these interstellar particles are turning on their axis tens of billions of times every second.
Jan 12, 2011 - 8:30:13 AM

Breaking News
Fermi Telescope Catches Thunderstorms Hurling Antimatter Into Space/VIDEO/

Scientists using NASA's Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope have detected beams of antimatter produced above thunderstorms on Earth, a phenomenon never seen before.
Jan 12, 2011 - 8:13:16 AM

Breaking News
Sloan Digital Sky Survey: Largest Color Image Of The Sky Ever Made

Today, the Sloan Digital Sky Survey-III (SDSS-III) is releasing the largest digital color image of the sky ever made, and it's free to all. The image has been put together over the last decade from millions of 2.8-megapixel images, thus creating a color image of more than a trillion pixels. This terapixel image is so big and detailed that one would need 500,000 high-definition TVs to view it at its full resolution.
Jan 12, 2011 - 8:07:16 AM

Breaking News
SOFIA Opens New Window On Star Formation In Orion

A mid-infrared mosaic image from the Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, or SOFIA, offers new information about processes of star formation in and around the nebula Messier 42 in the constellation Orion.
Jan 12, 2011 - 8:04:14 AM

Breaking News
Australia's Floods Cut Off Some Brisbane Residents, And Water Keeps Rising

Reporting from Sydney, Australia - Many Brisbane residents awoke Wednesday to find themselves surrounded by floodwaters swelling ever higher from weeks of rain in Queensland state, and authorities warned people who had not evacuated to get out if they still could.
Jan 12, 2011 - 7:43:53 AM

Breaking News
Discovery Gets New Launch Date

NASA managers held a news conference at 2 p.m. EDT Tuesday, Jan. 11, at NASA's Johnson Space Center (JSC) located in Houston, Texas. The conference was held to discuss Discovery's STS-133 upcoming flight to the International Space Station (ISS). More importantly the conference went over how repairs to Discovery's external tank (ET) are proceeding.
Jan 12, 2011 - 7:05:05 AM

Breaking News
Thunderstorms On Earth Hurl Antimatter Into Space

SEATTLE - Powerful thunderstorms on Earth can fling beams of antimatter into space, a new study finds.Scientists picked up on the never-before-seen phenomenon by peering at thunderstorms with NASA's Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope.
Jan 11, 2011 - 10:21:23 AM

Breaking News
New Insights Into Sun's Photosphere Reported

NJIT Distinguished Professor Philip R. Goode and the research team at Big Bear Solar Observatory (BBSO) have reported new insights into the small-scale dynamics of the Sun's photosphere. The observations were made during a period of historic inactivity on the Sun and reported in The Astrophysical Journal. The high-resolution capabilities of BBSO's new 1.6-meter aperture solar telescope have made such work possible.
Jan 11, 2011 - 9:46:37 AM

Breaking News
Cassini To Probe Rhea For Clues To Saturn Rings

Saturn's icy moon Rhea might seem a strange place to look for clues to understanding the vast majestic rings encircling Saturn. But that's what NASA's Cassini spacecraft plans to do on its next flyby of Rhea.
Jan 11, 2011 - 8:59:03 AM

Breaking News
Hinode Spacecraft Captures Solar Eclipse

Japan's Hinode spacecraft has beamed back a unique view of the Jan. 4th partial solar eclipse. While the people of Earth marveled at crescent sunrises and sickle-shaped sunbeams, Hinode's x-ray telescope captured a glorious ring of fire.
Jan 11, 2011 - 8:55:16 AM

Breaking News
Planck Unveils Wonders Of The Universe (w/ Video)

The first scientific results from ESA's Planck mission were released at a press briefing today in Paris. The findings focus on the coldest objects in the Universe, from within our Galaxy to the distant reaches of space.Planck is bringing us new views of both the stage and players, revealing the drama of the evolution of our Universe.
Jan 11, 2011 - 8:19:54 AM

Breaking News
NASA Discovers Smallest Alien Planet Yet

SEATTLE - NASA has discovered the smallest planet ever seen beyond our solar system - a rocky world just 1.4 times larger than Earth - using its planet-hunting Kepler observatory.
Jan 11, 2011 - 8:12:42 AM

Breaking News
Possible Missing Link Between Young & Old Galaxies

University of California, Berkeley, astronomers may have found the missing link between young gas-filled, star-forming galaxies and older, gas-depleted galaxies typically characterized as "red and dead."
Jan 11, 2011 - 8:00:52 AM

Breaking News
New Hubble Photos Show Eerie Green Space Cloud

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope is helping to demystify one of the strangest objects in space - a huge, glowing, green blob of gas floating near a spiral galaxy.
Jan 11, 2011 - 7:55:01 AM

Breaking News
Winter Storm Cripples South, Heads North To Deliver More Misery

Atlanta - A winter storm that paralyzed the South churned up the Atlantic coast Tuesday, destined to merge with another system from the Midwest and spell more misery for the Northeast.
Jan 11, 2011 - 7:27:52 AM

Breaking News
Flooding Eases In Germany After Snows Melt

Berlin - Flooding eased in Germany Tuesday after rivers had burst their banks and invaded several valley towns.
Jan 11, 2011 - 7:25:47 AM

Qiut with the bs already i aint buying that anymore. Brand me a fear monger if you want. There are plenty on here that agree that what im saying may be true given various prophecies.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
UPDATE: Extremely Important ECM Announcement Coming Tomorrow the Website Earth Changes Media has some kind of news on the 2012 Asteroid.
earthchangesmedia.com...

So fear mongering? I think not. Im a realist.

Roll up roll up deniers because time will soon tell.

Global events are all parts of the final see. Pieces to the puzzle. You deny then move on. Ive created this thread for those interested not those that trawl the site spreading bs, close the door on the way out!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I don t know if this is real or not ,but if it is an accurate report,then no one will officially be told as it would cause huge problems,I guarantee that if the government knew this was coming ,you would still be getting Bills ,fines and bank fees right up to the last minute.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Thats exactly why they are keeping it secret. Their life styles would end. No one would work and pay their wages......however the sense of togetherness i believe will prevail. Same will happen in Oz mark my words. They will all come together as it should be. Just needs the rest of us to catch up.

Please check out the link at the end of OP earthchanges media, were you aware of all of that that has been going on? Germany flooding being one of them?

Yet its unreliable?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Heres an interesting link to spaceweather.com science.nasa.gov...

Jan. 12, 2011: The sun has just experienced a storm—not of explosive flares and hot plasma, but of icy comets.

"The storm began on Dec 13th and ended on the 22nd," says Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC. "During that time, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) detected 25 comets diving into the sun. It was crazy!"

Sundiving comets—a.k.a. "sungrazers"—are nothing new. SOHO typically sees one every few days, plunging inward and disintegrating as solar heat sublimes its volatile ices. "But 25 comets in just ten days, that's unprecedented," says Battams.

"The comets were 10-meter class objects, about the size of a room or a house," notes Matthew Knight of the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. "As comets go, these are considered small."

Now how big can we expect?

Battams and Knight think the comet-storm of Dec. 2010 might herald a much bigger sungrazer to come, something people could see with the naked eye, perhaps even during the day.

"It's just a matter of time," says Battams. "We know there are some big ones out there."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Saying an asteroid will hit is one thing.
Saying when and "especially" where is another..

That's not science....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I am aware of the flooding in OZ because i am eating tins of baked beans from my SHTF supplies
Last i heard on Germany was Heavy snow and black ice,Looks like a credible source but the left side of my brain would never allow me to panic and have fun over a massive asteroid turning the place into a deep freeze,If you could somehow get this news officially verified, then its party time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Scare mongering is not my intention, thats the name branded on those that produce information and share it with those that also share the same beliefs. Think of it as a mere heads up to possible events. Better to have known and prepared, or at least tried than to not have bothered at all.

Take of what i say as you will. After that its your choices.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I live in Germany and yes,we had Heavy Snow in December. The problem now is that we got Temps. around 10C which melted most of the Snow which caused some Rivers to rise to dangerous Levels...Now some Rain for the next few Days.

After that its predicted to get Colder again...but the Weather changes so fast that i dont know what to expect anymore.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Heres another interesting piece from october White House Adviser: US Must Prepare for Asteroid

www.aolnews.com...
If an asteroid were on a collision course with Earth, would we be ready to defend against its destructive impact or would we be helpless and defenseless?

NASA, America's space agency, is being charged with leading the way to protect not only the U.S. but the entire world in the event of such a horrifying scenario. And a top White House science adviser says we have to be prepared.

Theres also an animation in there and also other links, but hey who am i to say i believe it to be true

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Posted this on my other thread, How many of you know that HAARP is being used for other practices?
Like searching for ET

Three giant spaceships to attack Earth in 2012?
UFO encounters became especially frequent in the middle of the 20th century, when it became impossible to disregard incidents of UFO sightings anymore. Special services started establishing special departments for air defense troops, secret laboratories were organized to study the phenomenon. It is not ruled out, that secret services have already had chances to study fragments of alien spaceships or even aliens themselves.
It is about time science should say its word regarding the problem, and it did. SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), an independent non-commercial organization, released a sensational statement.

Three giant spaceships are heading towards Earth. The largest one of them is 240 kilometers wide. Two others are smaller. At present, the objects are beyond the orbit of Pluto.

The spaceships were detected by HAARP search system. The system, based in Alaska, was designed to study the phenomenon of northern lights. According to SETI researchers, the objects are nothing but extraterrestrial spaceships. They will be visible in optical telescopes as soon as they reach Mars's orbit. The US government has been reportedly informed about the event. The ships will reach Earth in December 2012.

The date of the supposed space contact with extraterrestrial civilization brings up thoughts about the Mayan calendar, which ends on December 21, 2012. Is it just a coincidence? Most likely, though, SETI researchers mistake the wish for the reality: fifty years of constant monitoring of space have not yielded any results.

SharePrint version Font Size Send to friendNevertheless, mankind only begins to explore space. We are just newcomers in this huge and unexplored world. Many believe that there are many other civilizations in space beside our own civilization.

Rumor has it that the Americans classified a lot of information about findings on the Moon. In 1988, a prominent Chinese official, a member of the nation's space program, unveiled pictures of human footprints on the lunar surface. The official stated that he had received the information from a reliable source and accused the Americans of concealing that information. The photos were dated from August 3, 1969 - two weeks after Armstrong and Aldrin stepped onto the surface of the Moon on July 20, 1969. Therefore, the materials of the lunar mission were studied and classified by NASA.

On March 15, 2009, The New York Times produced another sensation. The same Chinese official, Mao Kan, stated that he had obtained over than 1,000 secret NASA photographs depicting not only human footprints, but even a human carcass on the surface of the Moon. Some of the bones in the carcass were missing, the official said. The human corpse must have been dropped on the Moon from an alien spaceship, whereas the extraterrestrials kept some tissue samples for research.

The photos were taken by a lunar probe. The absence of air makes it possible to capture minute details from the lunar orbit. The pictures of the carcass were very clear.

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA's Lunar Receiving Laboratory, said that US astronauts had found and photographed ancient ruins of artificial origin on the Moon. Supposedly, US astronauts had seen large unknown mechanisms on the Moon. The data were classified by the US government.

Is all of that just spam or is it fantastic truth? Will we ever know?

Yep guess we never will but
HAARP

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was just reading some articles about Billy Meier (yeah I know (hoax you might say) when I saw this and it reminded of this thread.
This was originally published in 1982.

Danger of Collision with the Red Meteor!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I was just reading some articles about Billy Meier (yeah I know (hoax you might say) when I saw this and it reminded of this thread.
This was originally published in 1982.

Danger of Collision with the Red Meteor!

wow Thanks for the link!!!!

Wonder what people will have to say about this?

wow amazing seriously deserves a thread of its own

Please feel free
edit on 13-1-2011 by jazz10 because: last 2 lines

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join