It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone still playing MW2?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
With BlackOps out, I would find it hard to believe that people still played this game.
...untill I played it again.

Currently I'm liking the game better. But its doesn't change the fact that it's seriously flawed and is in need of gargantuan fixes. However, the modern setting and faster-paced gameplay makes it a selling point for me. i'm simply part of that nich market but without a doubt, COD4 and BO was simply better built.

In any case, is anyone still on the game? If theres anyone out there shoot me a message on XBL: Gambit VII (with a space)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Saw the title of the thread and immediately thought Mechwarrior2. I'd play that if I could run it. Sad days indeed...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I just can't figure out why people think Ops is built better than MW2, at least in terms of online multiplayer. I'm lucky if I can finish a game with all the glitching

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Battlefield Bad Company 2 beats Black Ops and MW2 hands down.

Way more tactical and way more enjoyable and has a tonne of maps to play on.

Plus with the new Vietnam maps out, it just got a whole lot better in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I played battlefield religiously, and left.
I'd have to argue about how "tactical" it is when you compare it to COD's Major League Gaming competitive settings for Search and Destroy and Domination. BF is mostly "overall" team work with people you can't even communicate with in the console versions. It doesn't reward individual skill at he same caliber competitive COD does. And the funny part is, it loses it's "tactical" value when you consider how random things get or how many people "insist on sniping for '5 hours'" on offense vs planting the bomb.

We've tons and tons of creative things such as planting C4's on a UAV and using it as a bomb to kill groups of people or taking out buildings. I can't even begin to tell you some of the things we did.

We did things in the earlier BF games where we flew the plane in a summersault, ejected, launched a Rocket at an enemy plane, and landed right back into the plane while in mid air.

I respect peoples opinions when it comes to what they like better, but BF in its maximum competitive potential is hardly tactical compare to COD's.

-------------------
To put into a nutshell why BO is built better is because theres no OMA Danger Close Noob Tube. Not to mention the hitboxes are fairly smaller. COD4 beats it though, and COD: UO Beats it all.
edit on 13-1-2011 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

I hate MW2, in fact I hated it almost as much as I hated World at War (which was an awful lot of seething hate). It was the quickscopers I couldn't stand and I'm still not sure how infinity ward thinks a sniper could run around a battlefield and then just quickly scope in with no effort and blow someone's head off. Sniping isn't anything like that. Black Ops isn't much better than MW2 but the one thing it got right was taking quick scoping out, it is so much less frustrating because now if someone wants to snipe me they have to do it properly which means its usually just me versus people with assault rifles.

So to answer your question no, I immediately gave away MW2 to my nephew for Christmas although I had to remove the paper cover because I'd scribbled FAIL in place of fare (again, seething hatred of the game).

I honestly think BO is going to be the last COD game I waste money on because there are some very glaring issues with their multiplayer system that have just never been addressed (Spawn killing in particular).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I do agree with you, but I have a SERIOUS problem with your reasons. That top ten reasons didn't stop me and my team from having a legit 42 streak not to mention my consistency in going over 2.0 K/D on TDM, the game type I detest the most.

Besides, quick scoping SHOULD work to the opponents advantage. There has not been a time in my 8000 games played that quick-scope is the result of a loss or deaths. And quite frankly, I respect players who are capable because it takes... TAH-DAH: PRACTICE. And I for one, avoid using snipers like a plague.

To add to that, spawn control has always been an element of competitively play, so much that it drove religious Halo CE players away from Halo 2 despite it's competitive value.

You can argue spawns in BO all you wan't, but getting out of spawn control takes skill. And when something involves people, especially multiplayer: EXPECT PRACTICE. A concept lacking in the composition of 8 million players on COD. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying your bad. But i am saying that there are people I PERSONALLY know including myself who are capable of conquering this adversity you call 'spawn killing' and ending games with an exceptional score.

If anyone here believes I'm all talk, PLEASE view my BO File share and watch my files for Demolition and TDM. 4 of them are records of games where I had over 4.0 ratio with more than 100 kills when the game ends. And I use guns, UAV, Napalm Dropp, and BASIC helicopter. No chopper gunners or attack dogs.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Black Opps is S**T ! pretty much everytime i play a game i get chucked out of it or it takes a age to loads and get me into a game. MW2 no problems if it wernt for people i know playing Black Opps i wouldnt think twice about playing MW2

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

In no way did I suggest that Quick Scoping or Spawn Killing alone cause me to lose. However they are infinitely frustrating. There have been times in Black Ops where I would spawn into bullets, respawn and be blown up an RCXD only to spawn with a guy right there yet again waiting to shoot me. This is the same as in MW2 spawning into the same double-shotgun guy or noobtuber three times a match. This doesn't stop me from recovering my score and ending with a decent KD but it frustrates me to no end and I usually just end up rage quitting from those matches.

I'm not some kind of MLG player, I play to have fun and socialize with friends and while I could understand hardcore gamers finding a way around spawn killing I'm not a hardcore gamer, I'm an amateur who's just there to shoot things. We don't have a clan, or any real strategies worked out for most maps or most game types. I shouldn't have to work really hard at NOT spawning into bullets but Treyarch should, the game should recognize bad spawns and put me elsewhere, its as simple as that and there is no excuse for it. MW2 tried to help by offering Pain Killer. Personally I think the ideal would be a spawn-shield system where you get a handful of seconds worth of invulnerability during which you can't be killed and you can't get any kills.

As for quick scoping yeah it takes practice but that doesn't make it a fair or legit strategy, it's still massively cheap. In fact often my greatest feelings of victory in MW2 were the times when someone was trying and failing to quick scope me and I could hit them across the map with my assault rifle before they could get me. However it is a game-stopper to be running along with your assault rifle and suddenly drop dead and then watch the kill cam as some noob just scopes in for an infinitesimally small amount of time and kills you. It completely destroys the flow of the game which is why I'm so glad they got rid of it and now when I get sniped I know the person actually had to aim.

Black Ops is an improvement over MW2 in my opinion but it's still frustrating as hell.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Never play those games and never will. First and 3rd persons shooters i would never ever play.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I understand your pain, in fact that goes along with the people I know as well. But this is the soul reason why we got better: we simply used our heads.

Face it, it isn't a game mechanic issue, name one game that has "good" spawns in respawning game-types at an amateur level. And I'll name every FPS game in existence including that same game that you will mention and find people who are complaining about "spawns".

The reason you aren't spawning else where all boils down to: Map Control. Sure "spawning somewhere else" sounds nice. But take a look at your actions in that video. In EVERY ONE of those deaths, all you did was run out in the open. My brother who DOESN'T play video games places well above average compare to the general populous. Why? Because he thinks about each action he's about to do. Thats all it really takes to get better: THINKING. Isn't that what ATS encourages?

The other half of my friends are people who get schooled by their "good friends" from their college. And guess what, I gave them a piece of advice, put them in competitive situations, and when they got back to their "rematches" they would never lose unless it was a fluke.

Most of these "problems" are a result of it's players being too lazy to find solutions. Video games have ALWAYS been about giving the user the chance to conquer adversity , and people continue to neglect each opportunity and complain over and over in it's place. Which is part of the reason why every game is being dumbed down, because people would rather not use their brains anymore.

Once again, if people are involved, expect to keep up with the pace, even if it means practice. Otherwise, you shouldn't be playing MP in the first place. Because PEOPLE DEFINE MULTIPLAYER.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I find it interesting that my once cultivated list of blackops friends have now migrated back into MW2. Anyone else experiencing the same phenomenon?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I will never play MW2 ever again. The game was rigged from the start with the duel shotguns, grenade launcher spammers with oneman army and more campers then BO. Also boosting is a major issue that I bet still hasnt been fixed. I could go on with the list but im sure you know them already. BO at least is more flexible and less rigged.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I'm well aware of your concern, but some of these "problems" have plagued other FPS since the dawn of history so it doesnt bother me all too much.

I have 10 classes worth of nothing cheap on (commando, painkiller, final stand, last stand, akimbo, tube, danger close) . And yes the only death streak i have equiped is COPY CAT. And I do fine. Sure my K/D is significantly better in BO. But despite all these "issues" I keep it at 1.75 minimum during no-brainer mode and approx 2.76 when I play smart.

And thats fighting AGAINST cheap people.
edit on 15-2-2011 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It's sad that people continue to buy and play CoD when it's become nothing more than the new Madden. Activision won't improve anything in the games until their sales start hurting. The shear amount of bugs in BO is just ridiculous. Black Ops should have been $20 as an expansion to MW2 since it's nearly identical.

I really have high hopes for Homefront and BF3 to redeem the FPS genre.

Oh, and people can talk about skill in CoD all they want, but nothing from the series could compare to the skill involved with being a good sniper or pilot in BC2

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I play MW2 still, even with black ops :] just not as much

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When Black Ops was released i played it till lvl 50 and found myself getting bored and annoyed. I don't know what but it just not as addictive as MW2. I went back to MW2 after this and found myself enjoying it alot more with the faster gameplay and less connection problems. I think MW2 is easier to play in terms of connection and better maps.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wanted to go back and play CoD 4 but it had about 500 people playing lol. The only good thing about the new CoD's is zombies... and that's not that good.

CoD 4 for the win!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lewbo

COD 4 is indeed the best of this generations COD. it probably also marked the death of the legitimate COD titles.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Those who take a liking towards MW2, either have no taste in video games, have never played another FPS. Or the most likely case - was dropped on their head as a baby.

Call of Duty 4 is and will remain the finest Call of Duty game ever to grace our lifetime.
edit on 29-4-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join