It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Handheld Weapon Causes Blindness 1.5 Miles Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

New Handheld Weapon Causes Blindness 1.5 Miles Away

www.rense.com

The Dazer Laser comes in two hand held models [easy for black ops agents to carry], the Defender and the Guardian, which can be mounted on a rifle or a shotgun, the company said. The Defender emits an eye-safe green beam with a diameter of 0.2 m to 2.5 m (about 1 to 8 ft) into what the company calls the Dazer Zone, the range of which can adjust from as close as 1 m to the target to up to 2400 m away, or nearly a mile and a half.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

edit on 1/13.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: wrong location for threads

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's interesting, we were talking about this back in 1995 along with microwave and ultrasonic weapons, but I had refused to develop any more weapons after 1990 for the government (or anybody for that matter).

So, this will be the new toy in the proletariat's bag of nasty tricks. A device for blinding and of course to add insult to injury, nausea.

There is however a fix for this, it's called a Brewster window. It takes a specific light frequency and diverts it 90 degrees (perpendicular to the path of light travel). Of course you'll need pretty heavy welders glasses plus the Brewster window glasses.

It's a nasty technology, they call it non-lethal, but it only takes a few tens of milliwatts to heat retinas enough to cause blindness. A few hundred milliwatts will cause permanent damage.

Wikipedia - Lasers
NCBI on Laser Damage
Globe and Mail - Laser Damage

Cheers - Dave

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/13.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: links in wrong place

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Pipped at the post..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i remember seeing this on the news a year ago, are the police actually using them now if so is it just america or the uk ?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ahhh, I searched just for the title and it's key words. Opps, please redirect to the existing thread Mods, Thanks

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

this will be the new toy in the proletariat's bag of nasty tricks.

Cool!!

Us working class are gonna be armed!! Bout time us Proles were given something to fight back with!

(Apart from that, good post, S&F.)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
More discussion on this thread in case you're interested.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I will believe it when I see it.

Remember a few years back there was supposedly new technology in US helicopters that could read a newspaper from so many miles away.

Well, with all that technology why is it the US couldn't see two planes coming straight for the twin towers? why is it they couldn't find sadaam? why is it they still can't find osama bin laden??

More propaganda crap from the military machine.

edit on 13-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
fair enough, but dont count on your ray bans to protect you.....What, i wonder would counter this thing?
Perhaps not looking at it?
The thing about weapons is they do not discriminate who pulls their triggers...If SHTF its pretty obvious well be getting a lot of our own troops who will come over with their weapons....
The love of liberty is much of the reson we have a volunteer army...
Do you think our own boys would be trying to blind us if they were faced with a choice?
Definately not all of em thats for sure....
So anything they pull out and put on the streets, we will have soon enough SHTF time.

top topics

join