It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court reviews when police may enter someone's home without warrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Source

Hehehe. The courts can review this all they like. I'm guessing there are many like myself that will not allow entrance to my home without a warrant and will await a jury to determine things rather than a group of black robed individuals who think they are god.
edit on 13-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
They must not have heard about that - oh what's that called - oh yes - THE FOURTH AMENDMENT

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

DON'T TALK TO POLICE.

The end is awesome. The bald guy was in law enforcement. Straight from the horses mouth.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
...I'm guessing there are many like myself that will not allow entrance to my home without a warrant and will await a jury to determine things rather than a group of black robed individuals who think they are god..

Good luck not getting beat to hell or shot by a group of black-bodyarmored-thugs on a mission...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You should definitely post this in breaking news.

This is a very important decision for the 4th amendment. It goes through, the 4th amendment basically dies.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

What can't they understand in this?

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SUPREME COURT DECISION IN A WHILE.

IT PASSES, THE FOURTH AMENDMENT BASICALLY DIES.

All this while the MSM talk all day about the Arizona shooting, Australia floods, the FED, whatever dog that got run over...

This passes... it will go down like that :
Cop 1 : Smells weed?
Cop 2 : Totally!
*Kicks door downs*

Of course even if there's no weed, or drugs, they definitely don't have an history of planting drugs on people do they? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Or they'll just say ``we thought we smelled weed``... and you think those cops are gonna lose their job? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
edit on 13-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Why exactly is this even being reviewed? The 4th Amendment to the Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution clearly outlines that without a warrant law enforcement has absolutely no right or even legal ability to search someone’s home without a warrant.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I really don't think it's possible for the law to be any clearer than that. All that this means is that they are obviously not consulting the Constitution on this issue because it was made quite clear that without a warrant there is none, zero, nada that they can do without a warrant when in discussion of search and seizure.

Pretty much all this is saying is that either they are going to follow the Constitution, i.e. the law, or they are going to create their own laws and thus break the Constitution, i.e. the supreme law. Basically take this as a punch in the stomach, a spit in the face, and kick in the groin.

top topics

join