It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Politics: Bush's July Surprise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
BushCo. is pressuring Pakistan's Musharraf to come up with as many HVT's (high value targets) as possible within a certain timeframe (i.e. during the Democratic convention). They're gonna trot Osama, Mullah Omar or some other boogy man out just in time to dash Kerry's momentum. Or so they think. Don't be sheep and don't fall for their BU#! They've probly already got Osama somewhere on ice!

They don't give a rat's a$$ about protecting us. They only care about holding on to power. This article demonstrates that.

July Surprise
By John B. Judis, Spencer Ackerman & Massoud Ansari
The New Republic

July 19 Issue

Late last month, President Bush lost his greatest advantage in his bid for reelection. A poll conducted by ABC News and The Washington Post discovered that challenger John Kerry was running even with the president on the critical question of whom voters trust to handle the war on terrorism. Largely as a result of the deteriorating occupation of Iraq, Bush lost what was, in April, a seemingly prohibitive 21-point advantage on his signature issue. But, even as the president's poll numbers were sliding, his administration was implementing a plan to insure the public's confidence in his hunt for Al Qaeda.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
ECK with another reliable source.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
But who are we to challenge Bush? He was appointed by GOD to be in the
White House! How can we even THINK to challenge him? Who cares about democracy--we have a leader appointed by GOD!! To use the words of Robin Williams, he is George the second, the Boy King! Back to monarchy for us! Screw democracy!!
[/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
East Coast Kid -

you are exactly right. I've been thinking Bin Laden is going to be
"found" pre-election too. Only my theory is he's going to be encased
in carbonite like Han Solo in the Empire Strikes Back. LOL

It's downright bizarre how sheep-like Americans are, isn't it?
Damn.

I mentioned on another thread Bin *wants* to keep Bush in office.
The attack will be designed so the nation rallies around Bush afterwards.

Will the US fall for it?

If the sheeplike behavior and downright dumbness we've displayed thus far is any indication I'd have to say YES THEY WILL.

Picture it: washington is hit in October. Bush appears with Rudy Giuliani by his side and a faux FDNY guy whose really a Calvin Klein underwear model. Patriotic music swells. "We will not be stopped by terror" Bush croons, as images of the (forgotten) Twin Towers burn in the foreground.

The sheep will love it.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
East Coast Kid -

you are exactly right. I've been thinking Bin Laden is going to be
"found" pre-election too. Only my theory is he's going to be encased
in carbonite like Han Solo in the Empire Strikes Back. LOL

I can see this.. we have the technology.

It's downright bizarre how sheep-like Americans are, isn't it?
Damn.

It's because so many Americans (a) are taught next to nothing in US public schools - an agenda that's been in place for at least 40 years now - used to great effect; and (b) because they are enslaved by the number one drug in America: television. It's near-total programming.

Americans: If you love this country TURN THE DAMN TV OFF AND DO SOME RESEARCH!!! Otherwise you will remain forever in the dark!

I mentioned on another thread Bin *wants* to keep Bush in office.
The attack will be designed so the nation rallies around Bush afterwards.

Yes, exactly. Osama is what we call a super-asset. I can see an attack happening at the Republican National Convention - designed to invoke fear and hatred, not only of the terr'sts, but also of Democrats in general. Don't think for a minute BushCo. wouldn't sacrifice their own. They will.

Will the US fall for it?

God forbid. My feeling is that the great unwashed masses (who only see, say, network nightly news, and buy into that crap) definitely will. They are so easily manipulated it's frightening.

Other possibilities:

Some kind of nuclear confrontation engineered with North Korea. The purpose? To take the heat off our Iraqi purgatory and to make Bush look strong and resolved. Hey, what's 37,000 troops? Not much to the NeoCons.

WMD found at the bottom of a lake in Iraq (placed there covertly, of course, by Rumsfeld's nefarious ISG (Iraq Survey Group) just in time for the election!
Iraq Survey Group
Donald Rumsfeld's al Qaeda
www.onlinejournal.com... anton-Madsen/070904stanton-madsen.html

An engineered showdown with Iran, most probably having to do with their nookular weapons program.

or...

Last, but definitely not least..

An emergency invasion south into Saudi Arabia to help "secure" the Kingdom against those pesky Al-CIAda's intent on overthrowing the monarch. Trust me folks, the House of Saud is being set up by the NeoCons. I'm not defending their sleezy and draconian a$$es, I'm just pulling the curtain back a bit.

There's more.. but this is definitely enuff to chew on for now.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ummmm, ever heard of rapid paranoia, just relax, let the guy finish his job and see how it turns out. the fact is neither you nor i can POSSIBLY know what bush's actions will accomplish. the outcome won't be tellable for maybe another 10 years.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh, we shall see. And it won't take 10 years, my friend. More like 10 months.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
ECK

You are caught in the web of an inexitable facade.

join