It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Capacity Mags Illegal....Now What????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by Screwed

The office of Carolyn McCarthy, a Democratic congresswoman from New York, confirmed to me today that she will present a bill on Tuesday aiming to limit public purchasing of multi-round ammunition clips of the sort used in the Tucson shooting. Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey will introduce the legislation in the Senate.

One question I have not heard asked is,
If this legislation gets pushed thru, which it will,
what are those people who already own high capacity magazines supposed to do?
From what I have been led to believe thus far, if this legislation gets any legs it will not be like the Clinton ban in 94 where there were grandfather clauses for ARs and high capacity mags. ?

Are they supposed to just throw them away? Will there be a check point where we can turn them in?
A "Cash for Clips" program?

If anyone has any thoughts on this please join in. I find it hard to believe that those with high capacity mags will just willingly turn them over which makes me wonder if it is completly out of the question for the Feds to begin demanding lists from firearms dealers of all people who have purchased HCM in the past, say, 5 yrs. and then.......door to door "Visits".

[url=http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/alexspillius/100071710/congresswoman-mccarthy-will-propose-limits-on-high-capacity-magazines/]linkywinkywoo[/ur l]
edit on 12-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

The term "high capacity magazine" is subjective...at best. What is considered a high cap mag? For which caliber? For which weapon? Tossing out subjective crap...as CONgress does so well is really a waste of both theirs and our time.

I'm sure I own quite a few mags that would be considered "high capacity". Will I turn them over? No. I own a number of different weapons and each requires a different magazine. Some dingbat in the District of Criminals who wishes to relegate any of them as "illegal" is nothing more than an employee trying to tell the employer what to do.

My magazines are nothing more than a piece of metal with a spring and follower that feeds whichever weapon it is engaged in. The magazines have NOTHING to do with what I am capable of since I can drop a standard mag and reload before you finish reading this sentence.

I will sleep well tonight regardless of the BS crap coming out of DC. LOL...then again, there is a gun show in town this weekend so maybe it's time to stock up for what lies ahead?

about your clips, nan you would not have to "give them to the govt" lol.

But rebuying more high clip ( more then 15 bullet ) it would be impossible or illegal.

and in 15 yrs maybe it would be impossible to find it even on the black market ( due to compagny stop making them ).

and the 1 second of reloading can save live, so it's better then a 33 clips.

Unless you want to kill many people 33clips size in dumb. You dont go hunt duck with a glock ! xD ( you do it with a shot gun for spread bullet )

Or goes hunting Moose ( a good sniper rifle hunting will be more effective ).

Even you dont need to protect yourself with 33 bullet, unless you got in a shooting scene like in the movie where during 5min your are shooting at each other lol...

But in reality, if you defend yourself with a gun, you will now shoot more then 10 bullet. Unless you miss all your shot OR you really want to kill the other guy... Like 20 bullet in his body.

BUT, for attacking people, 33 is GREAT !!! Defense ? nop. ( unless you are in a gun fight xD, but why would you be in that ? lol )

Whew. I see Quebec in your handle so realize English is probably not your first language. Would you or anyone care to take the time to post something I can actually read?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cdnutz44

I hope you're right and on that note I shall retire for the evening feeling all warm and Fuzzy! Thanks.

But still, admit that the people are getting more and more pissed at the people who hold positions of power in this country and there will be more bloodshed. That being said the Elites/people in power/Politicians/TPTB/Government officials can't have every Joe Sixpack in the country running around with the ability to blow their heads off at will. They have got to be scared and legislation MUST be passed eventually. Time is on my side, wait and see.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeQuebec86

This is why:

]

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by solarstorm
Too many people like their Springfield XD-M's with a 19 shot cap (including me). The NRA will fight this with blood on their fists.

Yeah sure. The NRA... those backstabbing people who supports every gun control legislation?

Yeah good luck with that.

I couldn't agree more! I gave my single finger salute to the NRA years ago. Talk about an outfit of Judas Goats just waiting to bring you down the primrose path...

Gun Owners of America is one of two I support. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms is the second.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
it's a very good news !!!

WHY would you need a 33 bullet Mag clip ??

Yeah the law would take YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to be effective ( the time that the last 33bullet clip got used ).

But in 10yr or 15yr ( not long time on the mankind time ), maybe it would be impossible to find those 33 bullet mag !

Maybe im wrong about the 33 bullet number, but more then 10 bullet it's SO ABUSIVE.

Why, unless you want to shot several humans... you would need 33 bullet ?

More i come here, more i see that NRA propaganda is so strong in the USA... and so SAD.... You people talk about conspiracy, but one of your biggest you just deny it because you love your guns... WOW

33 Bullet is USELESS. You can't go hunthing animal with a 33 clip handgun xD Come on

Thank you for your ignorant post.

As someone who owns not only 30+ mags...I own 90+ mags. The purpose of these is to save time between reloading mags. It gets old. Loading up a 90 round drum is a hell of a lot easier than popping in three 30 round mags.

Just because you see no worth in it doesn't make it worthless.

Not only that? It's fun. Yep, it's fun to just shoot at a stump sometimes. Is it logical to many/most? Probably not. Is it fun to those of us who enjoy it? Yes.

Who the hell are you or anyone else to tell me what I can or can't do on my property?

Who the hell are you to tell me that 30 bullet and more is good because it's fun for you !!! ( just to show you that this rhetoric is weak xD )

Ok, it could be fun, but would you really care, IF, there was a law about banning time ?

Yeah you will have less fun with a 20 clips, less fun for more security. It's great no ?

Why not sell grenade ? They seem fun too !!! ( yeah easy argue here too
i can use them too ! ).

And 30 bullet clip or more, could be in Social gun club. But to sell them to general public ? Come on... it's just stupid.

BUT, i live in Quebec, Canada. Here i never seen a gun store in my live. Just saw 2 time a gun ( police man showed me and a hunting gun ).

Here, we got about 10-15 death by gun in a 2millions city ( including sub-urbans ).

Maybe i dont have the "fun to shoot target with a 90 clips". Lol, but i have the fun of feeling more secure.

YEAH sometime i can be scare in the street, if i see gang member. But, i'm not scare of them having a gun. I'm scare of them having a knife.

It may sound crazy to you, like : If you have a gun, you could defense yourself against them.

BUT, i feel more secure, now that i come here in this forum and see the true "NRA fan face". I'M FREAKIN SCARE of going in USA.

It's like if a said to a guy a insult, he will shot me and said it was self defense !

But i'm not raise like you, so it's normal in a ways. We didnt learn things the same ways ( and im not english so yeah it sux
)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

This is why:

]

Here, robber dont have gun.... or freaking rarely ( they use knife and baseball bat ). They often use fake gun or "air gun" ( like for hunting little animal )

What i see first in your video, is robber that are like in USA movie lol. Robber with gun !

So i can get why you are so scare, but it's so a different reality here.

Like i just said, i only saw gun on a police man and a hunting gun in my life. And i live in the biggest french city ( montreal ) 2millions people ( including sub-urban ) 1millions just the island.
edit on 12-1-2011 by FreeQuebec86 because: 2millions people !

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In australia, we cannot have more than a 10 shot magazine.

Automatic rifles are banned.

Pump action shotguns are banned.

All rifles are either bolt action, even thou remington 7600 pump action rifles are allowed and lever action are allowed.

All rifles must be locked away at all times when not in use.....ammunition must be locked away in sperate safe.

we deal with it.....frankly I dont beleive you need a 30 round banana clip on your AR15 to hunt rabbit/boars.....

Its a military rifle and has no place in society.

if you are that scared of your government, then do something about it. Its when these guns fall into the hands of crims that innocent people get killed in the cross fire.....fight like a man, with your hands if you have to, not hide behind a gun!

just my opinion...I know it may ruffle some feathers....I just thing that the gun culture is out of control in the USA......theres a place for guns in society, yes, for sport and hunting...

Explain to me what a civilian needs a BMG .50 cal for? Hunting rabbits at a mile away?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The Dems aren't in charge of the house anymore, therefore this will never make it to law.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
In australia, we cannot have more than a 10 shot magazine.

Automatic rifles are banned.

Pump action shotguns are banned.

All rifles are either bolt action, even thou remington 7600 pump action rifles are allowed and lever action are allowed.

All rifles must be locked away at all times when not in use.....ammunition must be locked away in sperate safe.

we deal with it.....frankly I dont beleive you need a 30 round banana clip on your AR15 to hunt rabbit/boars.....

Its a military rifle and has no place in society.

if you are that scared of your government, then do something about it. Its when these guns fall into the hands of crims that innocent people get killed in the cross fire.....fight like a man, with your hands if you have to, not hide behind a gun!

just my opinion...I know it may ruffle some feathers....I just thing that the gun culture is out of control in the USA......theres a place for guns in society, yes, for sport and hunting...

Explain to me what a civilian needs a BMG .50 cal for? Hunting rabbits at a mile away?

amen to that !!!

Australia law seem to be harder then Canada !!! i think Shotgun is ok here ( not sure ).

I will visit australia before USA for sure xD. But i will wait the flood to stop
hope for you that you and your familly is not affected by the flood

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
this is why its so useful to have large capacity mags

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
this is why its so useful to have large capacity mags

i hope it's sarcatic...

To me, seeing that is soo horror full ! You could kill like 30 persons in less then 5 seconds :O....

And that being for self defense ? loll It's for showing off at gun club and killing a lot of people fast !!!

I hope this is rare, USA is so scary :O

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Of course, all you see is knives, because they took your guns away and this is how you were raised.

You are scared of knives-because you don't *have* a gun. If you did, knives would only scare you if they got close enough to cut you.

Otherwise gun > knife.

Your fear of knives is no different than citizens fear of gun toting gangs in the US.

It is the same thing, just a different tool. We grew up with guns, you grew up with knives.

It matters not the tool used, the intent is what counts. Guns no more kill people than knives do. Both require someone with intent to use them in that manner.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Make them illegal.

A little grease. a few "seal a meal" bags and put a number of them in a military ammo box and bury.

Calif banned them a few years ago and i have mine stored with the above method in Nevada and when I leave Calif I will pick them up along with my illegal tracer and other illegal in Calif ammo.
I now have two 20mm boxes full of stuff that is illegal in Calif stored in Nevada where they are still legal.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Of course, all you see is knives, because they took your guns away and this is how you were raised.

You are scared of knives-because you don't *have* a gun. If you did, knives would only scare you if they got close enough to cut you.

Otherwise gun > knife.

Your fear of knives is no different than citizens fear of gun toting gangs in the US.

It is the same thing, just a different tool. We grew up with guns, you grew up with knives.

It matters not the tool used, the intent is what counts. Guns no more kill people than knives do. Both require someone with intent to use them in that manner.

Yeah, but gun need less "skill" to kill someone lol.

to be attacked by a knife, i need to be close to someone.

A gun, the guy could be far away xD.

So we got less murder then you !! Even if we had the same # of "attack versus a human" then you. Our lack of gun would make the death count far less !!! If you use the argument that ( all country have criminal ) our criminal are far less lethal then yours ! due to the lack of gun !

And if i use you logic.

In Canada : ( in current time because gun here are rare )

1- I got nothing, so im scare of knife people

2 - i got a gun so im not scare of knife people ( lol bad english there sorry, im french ).

But in USA : ( in my views, from a outside ).

1- i got a gun BUT the criminal got a gun

So who win in the USA things ? xD Both have gun, it's just become the "better aim and the faster shot" will win.

If not limiting gun acces, limiting Bullet acces ( by hard control and clip size below 10-15 ) it would be the best solution !

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

They can't reverse a law.

Therefore, those already manufactured or owned, will still be legal to possess.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by Screwed

They can't reverse a law.

Therefore, those already manufactured or owned, will still be legal to possess.

and in 20yrs, they will be less ! because of the law inforcement and control !!!

You have to see it in the long term, not the 5yrs term.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Based on simple observation of the past ten years, I doubt there will be a USA as we know it today in a couple of years.

I'll stand amazed if we make it as a nation to the 2012 elections.

Know what happens then?

The people with the high capacity magazines will take what they damn well please. OR, prevent bandits from helping themselves.

Soooooooo......... where does that leave you?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Yeah, with all your gun bans in Australia, sounds like you guys really have problems.

Your point is well taken. A military weapon.

Exactly what our founding fathers intended.

I have several.

You tend your mittens, we'll tend ours.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

better off

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join