It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoi Polloi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Intrigued by my first visit to this site this evening after catching a blurb in a recent CNN news article. Personally have been moved by certain forward thinking media displays such as Zeitgeist, and find that my views on life are rarely what others tend to express. It is refreshing to see that I may possibly not be alone in this vein.

Tonight I was briefly dismayed when viewing on the web a live projection of the Arizona meeting of our caring politicians in the wake of the latest tidal wave. At the end of the delivered speech, the masses were drooling with interest in capturing a photo on their cell phones and other media devices. It was slightly humorous to see that security had a tough time in the crowd. Overall, it seemed quite normal to see a large group of people clamoring to savor the moment in their phones rather than attempt to enjoy the experience live.

Reality TV at its best, I suppose. The only thing missing was the bleating of the sheep heading to the pasture.

Looking forward to reading more at this site. Thanks for being here.
edit on 12-1-2011 by spoogalie because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hi there, welcome to ATS.

Make yourself at home, plenty to see and do here on the forums.

If you get stuck with anything, just shout.

Look forward to seeing you about the boards.

As for the memorial earlier, i turned it off after the first few minutes of high fiving or whatever else they were doing. I know people remember in different ways, but there are basic standards attatched to these events.

Unfortunately i saw few.

Anyway, see you around.

CX.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Welcome to ATF !
Hope you enjoy your stay

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
hi and welcome
enjoy your time

new topics