It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Year Old Food Forest in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I suppose this could go in a number of different places on the board, but I think it might be of interest to survival-minded people, especially those with an interest in permaculture or long-term-sustainable "living off the land." It provides evidence that long-term self-sufficiency (or near self-sufficiency) is possible in a limited area -- this family has been more or less living off of the same patch of land for 300 years. A ray of hope for the future amid today's darkening spectrum of doom-y news.

This is what I think of as a paradise on earth -- a 300 year old food forest in Vietnam. 28 generations have shared in developing this spectacularly lush environment that not only feeds the family, but provides all the medicinal herbs and plants they need.

Imagine growing up in an environment where you just need to walk outside the door and there is all the sustenance you will ever need -- literally provided by your ancestors!

Source:
www.nextworldtv.com...

edit on 1/12/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Excellant find! It amazing to think that this batch of land actully provides the family's food supply.28 generations is a long time for a batch of land to provide food for those generations. Most land never lasts as long as that,but 300 years that is a long time for land to still be able to grow crops and provide food for these generations.It's remarkable! If i lived near a land like that it would be remarkable.You could always grow you're own crops and plants.It's would be a dream come true
edit on 12-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I just wanted to share a small piece. Anyone interested in growing their own food so research the cherokee "three sisters garden!!! This method has worked for thousands of years so it should serve you and yours well also!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jstrange36
I just wanted to share a small piece. Anyone interested in growing their own food so research the cherokee "three sisters garden!!! This method has worked for thousands of years so it should serve you and yours well also!

Thank you for the heads up! I just looked up three sisters gardening and am making arrangements to be ready for it in the spring. Wonderful thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would love to live in a world,full of gardens like this.

top topics

join