It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Julian Assange Claims To Have Rupert Murdoch 'Insurance Files'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It really does sound like he is implying that the insurance file contains files that mention Murdoch/Newscorp. Just the old, original insurance file. We should at least unbunch our panties until the piece comes out, agreed?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

You really dont know though. Thats an assumption.

I really should make a joke about the panties and Assange,
but I will refrain.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
In all honesty, and very sadly, I believe he is trying to save his own life.

He knows he has scared the wrongest of people and is resisting the inevitable.

Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by TedStevensLives

You really dont know though. Thats an assumption.

I have to concede that point and do so happily.

I really should make a joke about the panties and Assange,
but I will refrain.

That's very tactful of you
-- in retrospect, the last sentence in that post is pretty ripe for those. "Until the piece comes out" certainly doesn't do it any favours.

Tharsis, that's a fair assumption but I think that if he was truly very worried about being assassinated, he'd have some semblance of a security detail. Not to give anyone here any ideas but he's very easy to approach these days. Maybe that just shows his trust in the insurance file, though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm assuming half the people who commented on this thread are fairly young and have no patience.

Rome was not built in day. Julian Assange still needs to sort his stuff out, as he's probably too busy worrying that the blood-thirsty savages in American politics want his hide.

Also, an insurance file is just that..... Insurance.

I think he's holding back for good reason.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You're right, and I might add that Wikileaks is a tiny, tiny group that needs to go over hundreds of thousands of files. In addition, Julian really is the heart and soul of the operation; as soon as this Sweden rubbish is out of the way, things will really pick up. Think sooner rather than later, though--this needs to start moving faster just to have a chance to get all this material out in a reasonable timeframe (like, say, a decade?).

To reiterate: we are talking about 251,287 files here; 261,276,536 words in total. That's a lot of information for a small group to disseminate, verify and scrub (in both applicable meanings of the word). This will take some time but it's already started and there is new information coming out daily. Just follow the news. And by news, I of course mean Al-Jazeera or some similar, trustworthy source.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
More media whoring by the professed anti-american Assange.
He's claimed a lot of things .. and they haven't been there.
If he had it, and he 'cared' like he claims ... we'd all see it by now.
I'm saying 'BS' until it actually comes out.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Hasnt he already showed he has the goods with the thousands of leaks he has already released?

Not really. He's hyped up what he's shown.
The Weekly Standard

Journalists covering WikiLeaks would be wise to remember that when Assange released a trove of documents concerning the war in Afghanistan he said they would reveal that America is guilty of “thousands” of possible war crimes. They did nothing of the sort. And when Assange released even more documents concerning the war in Iraq, the press repeated an entirely false claim that the documents demonstrate that 285,000 people were killed in the war. The press was also quick to highlight any American mistakes revealed in the documents, especially with respect to civilian casualties. The real story is that the documents demonstrate – unambiguously – that the overwhelming majority of civilian casualties were caused by Iraq's and America's terrorist enemies, as well as "criminal events," not by the U.S. military.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I found this to be quite interesting regarding Murdoch and Assange.

I have to research a bit more about the father: Keith Murdoch though!

In 1958 a young Rupert Murdoch, then owner and editor of Adelaide’s The News, wrote: In 1958 a young Rupert Murdoch, then owner and editor of Adelaide’s The News, wrote: “In the race between secrecy and truth, it seems inevitable that truth will always win.”

His observation perhaps reflected his father Keith Murdoch’s expose that Australian troops were being needlessly sacrificed by incompetent British commanders on the shores of Gallipoli. The British tried to shut him up but Keith Murdoch would not be silenced and his efforts led to the termination of the disastrous Gallipoli campaign.

Nearly a century later, WikiLeaks is also fearlessly publishing facts that need to be made public.

I grew up in a Queensland country town where people spoke their minds bluntly. They distrusted big government as something that could be corrupted if not watched carefully. The dark days of corruption in the Queensland government before the Fitzgerald inquiry are testimony to what happens when the politicians gag the media from reporting the truth.

These things have stayed with me. WikiLeaks was created around these core values. The idea, conceived in Australia , was to use internet technologies in new ways to report the truth.

www.mediaite.com...

This is quite interesting to read.

Beating the censor – Ashmead-Bartlett's efforts to reveal the real story of Gallipoli

An excerpt from – The First Casualty – From Crimea to Vietnam: The War Correspondent as Hero, Propagandist, and Myth Maker

by Phillip Knightley

But an incident involving Keith Murdoch, a young Australian newspaperman, father of the present Fleet Street magnate Rupert Murdoch, shows that a determined correspondent could make his protest heard. Suspect though Murdoch's motives might have been, his report on the bungling at Gallipoli cost a general his job, contributed to the decision to abandon the campaign, and confirmed the opinion of the general staff that war correspondents were dangerous meddlers and that it had been a mistake ever to have imagined otherwise.

www.anzacsite.gov.au...

Apparently, Assange feels he's doing the exact same thing as the father of Rupert Murdoch; Keith Murdoch was doing when he exposed that Australian troops were being needlessly sacrificed by incompetent British commanders on the shores of Gallipoli.

Who could have thought that the father: Keith Murdoch was an earlier version of today's Assange - and the funny thing is that they're both Australian

What happened was this: Murdoch, at the age of twenty-nine, was sent in August 1915 to London, to act as representative there for a group of Australian newspapers. It was arranged that he should stop in Cairo, en route to London, and report on the postal arrangements for the Australian troops.

While in Cairo, Murdoch, who was anxious to visit the battlefront, wrote for permission to do so to General Sir Ian Hamilton, who was in command of the mixed force that had landed at Gallipoli in April to attack Constantinople and knock Turkey out of the war. Hamilton was reluctant to allow Murdoch to go.

Everything had gone wrong at the front, and the British and the Anzacs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) were hemmed into a few terrible areas of beach and hillside that were permanently under shell-fire.

So Hamilton took the course of getting Murdoch to sign the war correspondent's declaration undertaking "not to attempt to correspond by any other route or by any other means than that officially sanctioned" and promising that for the duration of the war he would not “impart to anyone military information of a confidential nature.... unless first submitted to the Chief Field Censor.”

Full story here:

www.anzacsite.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Now that is some very interesting news there Chev,

Thanks for posting. You have sparked my mind to a few loose ends flying out there,
I will be back later on to post what I find. Great articles, Thanks!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

A) "Insurance" means "If you try to screw me, I will release this damning evidence of your wrongdoing to the public."
B) Why is private property suddenly more important than justice?
C) When did you decide to become a corporate rights activist?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know that it's not kosher to discuss other members on the board, but it is always difficult for me not to respond to FlyersFan's counter-productive attitude.

I'm saying 'BS' until it actually comes out.

You're going to call B.S. even after it comes out. Here is how I can tell your future:

More media whoring by the professed anti-american Assange.
Here we see that you are

A) disseminating the "ATTENTION WHORE" meme
B) A 'Patriot' (read: nationalist zealot)

You say he's claimed a lot of things and they haven't been there . . . but as I and others have said in this thread, it is because he must stagger the releases in order to protect himself and Wikileaks. Wikileaks takesa long time to decrypt and release data because they have very few members and it is difficult to find trustworthy new recruits.
Not only that, he has released real information.

The contra-Assange forces on this site operate through slander and intimidation. They are trying to spread a meme virus, to convert others to their cause. They want the public to demand, in increasing numbers, that Wikileaks release everything at once - which leaves them absolutely vulnerable, allows the Powers That Be to perform damage control, and leaves most or all of the documents undeciphered. The contra-Assanges, whether they are aware of it or not, are pushing for the agenda of the secret rulers of this world, who see Wikileaks as a grave threat to their public image and thus, their ability to freely pursue their agendas.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Assange is now getting out of control with all of this. This is stealing, plain and simple.

it goes a lil deeper

Stealing with the INTENT to blackmail
is called extortion. And that is exactly
what wikileaks is doing. I said that
in my wikileaks exposed thread in
my signature. This is just more evidence
of that fact.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
From the looks of the news, he has several of them. Now this one too, where he claims he has some dirt on
Murdoch.

This is blackmail simple.

from my last count,
Assange has 3 different insurance files.

Why would anybody need 3 different insurance policies
unless there is an agenda behind it???

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
You're going to call B.S. even after it comes out. Here is how I can tell your future:

You sound just like the guy. (Saying something and then not backing it up, in this case, because it's in the future and it isn't there for you to present) But that's okay ... if you want to pretend to have a crystal ball with me as the star ...

it is because he must stagger the releases in order to protect himself and Wikileaks.

I get the 'protect himself concept' and the 'stagger concept'. I really do. But it doesn't fit in this case. He isn't staggering anything because he hasn't released anything that even remotely fits what his claims were. Not even a bit. If he were staggering it, then at least a good chunk of what he said was there would have been revealed. It hasn't been.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm assuming half the people who commented on this thread are fairly young and have no patience.

well I am 47 yrs old
and the patience trait
was something I never inherited, lol

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

thank u for that post.
it was def a twist I had not heard before.
star 4 u

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by mr-lizard

well I am 47 yrs old
and the patience trait
was something I never inherited, lol

It has nothing to do with patience. Assange could delay the release of the insurance files for as long as possible because there is always a "valid" reason for it. Even if he has no valid reason for the delay, people who believe in him will make up the reason for him. He does NOT have to release the files at all but play the game instead. Exposing the truth about those highest in power should not involve the drama which Assange has so build to further his own agenda apart from exposing "secrets'.

Has anyone even considered that the insurance files, if released, could be censored or redacted? New York Times and U.K. news sources have admitted they censored certain cables.. Remember, Wikileaks got into the spotlight because MSM wanted them to. If MSM turns away and he releases the insurance file - then the exposure there will be minimum!!!!

edit on 13-1-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowabovetopsecret
There is a 1gb file that is encrypted with high level security that is suppose to be impossible to crack atleast with the current technology

I was able to open it with WinRAR..right click->extract->password is "AboveTopSecret"...
I knew it, Obama is an alien, lol

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

it feels likes this

in 250 thousand there will be nothing that helps or informs us 'peasants' good intention maybe, but we need top secret whistle blowers not some leak weak about ambassador ego driven clowns who don't care about their own childs/world/ families future

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join