It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Julian Assange Claims To Have Rupert Murdoch 'Insurance Files'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
I would guess the original insurance file was cracked by US alphabet agencies when it first came out.
They usually intercept any encryption patents to ensure that they have a way in prior to them getting the encryption modules out in the public domain.

But wouldn't anyone in receipt of the file have backed it up many times over ?

Surely, if you have a copy of the file, and are in possession of the password, then there is nothing anybody else can do about it, other than frantically search for any devices that the file may be stored on.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I could care less how long the information takes to come out as long as we get the truth.

Maybe he releases the less incriminating files first so they get some attention because if they were released after "big" info, nobody would find them as big of a deal.

Imagine going to see a movie, having the climax first and the build up afterwards. Much less attention would be paid to the movie. The build up to the climax is imperative to the impact.

Calm down people, get rid of short attention spans, real change and a big impact takes time. Let him prove his credentials through and through as if and when he releases "big" info it will just have more impact on society.

Patience is a virtue.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Thats a very valid point your making.

And to be honest I could see that there is a fine line between Wilileaks, and Assange.

But it seems when it comes to the "insurance" that is all about Assange.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No, why would he? The point of blackmail is to get what you want through threats, not to expose people willy nilly.

EDIT: Does nobody on ATS understand the purpose of blackmail? Why do you all see this as a '15 minutes of fame durp he just wants attention' scenario? Why is this a popular thing for ATSers to post in other threads (Loughner)?
edit on 12-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
No, why would he? The point of blackmail is to get what you want through threats, not to expose people willy nilly.

And where's that got him so far ?

In the clink, his immediate future apparently at the behest of authorities in the UK, Sweden, and ultimately the US, and his lawyers instructed to plead along the lines that he could face the death penalty or serve a stint in Gitmo.

If he's the real deal, then that doesn't sound like the outcome of someone who's expertly played his cards close to his chest.

If it is, then I wouldn't mind a game of poker with Jules...

edit on 12-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Double Post.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It's got him a few more months. He could have been poisoned or extradited or hanged by now, but he's still around and still delivers his edicts to his followers and his proclamations to the public. He is sitting pretty right now, he has the world as captive audience. This has absolutely backfired on the elites because he has acquired their blackmail stash. Of course, it was probably fed to him by certain persons in the shadows that wanted certain political rivals removed. Assange is probably a pawn, but at least he shows a good will.

edit: and I don't think he knows that he is being used by this secret conspiracy. They are waiting to take over once Assange spills the beans and discredits their political rivals en masse.
edit on 12-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
EDIT: Does nobody on ATS understand the purpose of blackmail? Why do you all see this as a '15 minutes of fame durp he just wants attention' scenario?

Well let's look at the facts, shall we ?

Before he became wanted by various authorities, Wikileaks released absolutely nothing of note.

US troops kill Afghan civilians ? Incredible.

Embarrassing cables between embassies ? Fascinating.

If he's a rebel with a cause, then Wikileaks had better start actually providing us with some information that we weren't aware of.

If he's holding on to some riveting information as a bargaining chip, then so be it. Considering, hypothetically, that his bargain may work, then we'll never see the information that he was using as blackmail, thus invalidating his status as someone who is providing the unseen ''truth'' to the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
If he's holding on to some riveting information as a bargaining chip, then so be it. Considering, hypothetically, that his bargain may work, then we'll never see the information that he was using as blackmail, thus invalidating his status as someone who is providing the unseen ''truth'' to the world.

IMO he may not have been all about truth to start with.
And in the end it will be more than obvious if thats the case.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Wikileaks released the X-Dossiers in the Dutroux case. These files contain victim testimonies, photographic and physical evidence of a massive child abuse ring in Belgium and across the world.

Previous wikileaks weren't as large as this one. Hackers in the army and the US command structure released hundreds of thousands of cables to Wikileaks at once. The small leaks of the past are evidence that Wikileaks is committed to its mission statement. It has never handled such a large number of documents at once before, and it is still releasing more content now than ever before. Be patient; Assange must pace himself so that he can ensure his survival and co-ordinate the worldwide disclosure.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
IMO he may not have been all about truth to start with.
And in the end it will be more than obvious if thats the case.

I think that you may be right.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, and arguing along the hypothetical lines that he is genuine, and I've come to the conclusion that he may be sadly naive ( which wouldn't be a surprise, considering his apparent upbringing ), or he's a an unwitting stooge for someone or something else.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Is this a game of chess with TPTB lining up in a power struggle?
I'd say so.

Its now become an alphabet agency game of professional blackmail.

i would say u would be right on both counts.
wikileaks is attacking Murdoch cuz Beck
is attacking Soros.

This is a prime example of
evidence linking Soros to
wikileaks.

thanks for the thread and the info
nice work
S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Hasnt he already showed he has the goods with the thousands of leaks he has already released?

ummm,
can you point me to a link of where
just ONE individual has been arrested
for a crime that wikileaks has published ???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Its been a very interesting drama played out.

My personal opinions on Wikileaks can be found here www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here again is the most recent that has a lot of information in it Vatican Emerges From WikiLeaks As A Key Player On Global Scene

I am not plugging those threads, just that maybe someone has not seen them and would like to
learn more or explore.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
I would guess the original insurance file was cracked by US alphabet agencies when it first came out.

Your guess would be wrong: the file is encrypted in 256-bit AES. It would take all the computers on planet earth combined more time than it has existed to brute-force crack that thing. Considerably more time. A related-key attack would not be faster to an extent that would matter in the Grand Scheme of Things.

AES permits the use of 256-bit keys. Breaking a symmetric 256-bit key by brute force requires 2128 times more computational power than a 128-bit key. A device that could check a billion billion (1018) AES keys per second would in theory require about 3×1051 years to exhaust the 256-bit key space.

(edit: that should read "10 to the 18th power and 3 times 10 to the 51st power, have no idea how to make this page display the numbers correctly)
Source: Wikipedia
edit on 13-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: clarification

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What right does Julian Assange have to take possession of insurance files that belong to a private media corporation? This does not belong to him and is in clear violation of private property that belongs to Rupert Murdoch and his company only.

Assange is now getting out of control with all of this. This is stealing, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I'm fed up with all this Wikileaks stuff.

IF Mr Assange has all this wonderful information that some claim is for insurance, why doesn't he release just a little of the real nitty-gritty to show us who are the bad guys and show them that if they mess with him there is more of the same or worse that will be released.

The proof is in the pudding and so far all he's really done since being in prison is stir an empty bowl and wave a spoon around.

If the 'insurance file' is released, even a portion of it, it then ceases to be insurance.

Frankly, i'm amazed at just how fast experienced members can succumb to manipulation and repeated negative brainwashing where WL and Assange are concerned.

It *really* doesn't take long for a concerted and organised government smear and propaganda campaign to do it's work in many of your minds, does it!

If you don't like the fact that every single piece of dirt and corruption, isn't released according to *your own* personal time scale, then do feel free to risk your own life, freedoms and reputation and start your own whistleblower organisation, and don't rely on Assange or WL to tell you the truth!

Either do better yourself, or shut the hell up moaning about WL not releasing info at the rate you personally would like to see.

Some of you (even accounting for the obligatory 'government members' posting here) are *so* ungrateful, it amazes me!

Don't like it? Do better yourself then...or realise WL is doing what they do *FOR YOU* and try to at least pretend to be a little grateful for what they risk to keep you informed!!

Bloody amazing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Oh, and just to be clear: the Guardian is just talking about the original insurance file, not files regarding Murdoch's home insurance or something. I'm pretty sure there's some misunderstanding in that article because I've never been under the impression that Julian has ever mentioned what the insurance file contains, and it's a hell of a lot bigger than a few hundred diplomatic cables. I've seen the Pilger interview in question and I have it somewhere on my hard drive--I won't say for sure this is a misunderstanding until I've confirmed it but it kinda smells like one from here.

Edit: My bad, this interview is due to come out today.
edit on 13-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by nerbot
I'm fed up with all this Wikileaks stuff.

IF Mr Assange has all this wonderful information that some claim is for insurance, why doesn't he release just a little of the real nitty-gritty to show us who are the bad guys and show them that if they mess with him there is more of the same or worse that will be released.

The proof is in the pudding and so far all he's really done since being in prison is stir an empty bowl and wave a spoon around.

If the 'insurance file' is released, even a portion of it, it then ceases to be insurance.

Just a thought, then why does Assange keep saying he will release "this insurance file" and "that insurance file"

From the looks of the news, he has several of them. Now this one too, where he claims he has some dirt on
Murdoch.

This is blackmail simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join