It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen one of these?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
when i was 15 me and two of my friends were walking down the street at like midnight or a lil bit past and all of the sudden there was what i can best describe as a black spot light on the cement and it passed between me and my friend. All three of us looked at each other and said did you see that? and we all took off running in fear, Yes it was that scary to us.

What really was odd is where we were at was rather dark itself but the Black spotlight was even darker, there was a lil yellow light from a near bye street light but not much.

ive searched many times on the internet but never found anything close.

Any ideas of what this might have been?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Was it perhaps one of these? wiki

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
LOL no i moved past us very fast, and i call it a spot light cause it was a circle, and none of my friends would cast a circle shadow....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I was thinking shadow people they are dark ive seen them in my 200 year old farm house crossing aginst my walls ..I often catch them out of the corner of my eye..just a thought..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
could have been anything , Maybe a passing plane or bird blocked the moonlight etc for a moment? was it a flat shadow? or was it 3D so to say?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LMAO. Funniest thing I've seen all day. Kudos.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

here is a website for shadow people

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

you're referring to shadow people and yes I've seen them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

none of my friends would cast a circle shadow....

Why ? Are all of your friends squares ?

I couldn't help myself , it had to be said ...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

You just aint right man .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

May I ask what city/town you were in?

I only ask because I had an odd dream or something once about this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Bird problem?

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted--nevermore!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 12-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

That wasn't shadow people. I've seen both and I know the black 'spotlight' you're talking about. It's like a spot that reflects no light - seems to absorb any and all - and moves almost like black oil along the ground, but moves lightning fast. A similar thing happened to me.

Spring 2007, I turned on the outside light because I was coming out of the kitchen door at 3AM looking for my cat. There was an enclosed cement landing outside the door that ran to the left then down some steps and my cat was sitting looking down the steps (I was standing behind her). I followed her gaze and a black oil spot about 4-5 feet in diameter was slinking up the steps toward my cat! She seemed like she was in a trance, just staring at it a foot away from her. When I saw it, apparently it saw me, because it made this high pitched sound and darted across the gravel and disappeared in the shadows under my car. I never saw anything move so fast in my life - lightning fast! I know my cat saw it too because her head snapped along its path when it fled. She kept staring at my car, her ears cocked in that direction.

Before people tell me cats watch their owners, remember I was standing behind her. She didn't even know I was there until I picked her up. I have no idea what it was going to do the cat but it was definitely coming up the steps while I watched, almost like creeping up on her. And it was definitely surprised to see me come out of the house, because the sound it made was like a scream echo in a cave. [Actually, I was thinking it was in another dimension because there's no sound like that on earth - it sounds far away AND close up.]

You were lucky your spot was just passing through on the road, because if it's anything like I saw, it has consciousness and it HUNTS.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Burien/ Washington

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
all i know about what i saw is it made me and both my friends Nervous as hell, im talking spine numbing chills, the only words we said to each other at the moment was (did you see that?) before we all started running.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kandiamo

i didnt see anything other than the shape and the fact that it was solid black.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a variation on the shadow people. i'm always suprised ats has such little mention of shadow people...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind was Stephen King's "The Raft"...
a particularly gruesome and depressing story....have you read it
or seen the movie??
Otherwises I'm grateful to say I've never seen these things!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join