It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth3r
reply to post by Noobastronomer

I to have had a strange ringing in my ears, but it's more like a high pitch tone, can't tell where it is coming from, and it only seems to come at night. I have no idea what this is.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Truth3r because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by Truth3r because: (no reason given)

yea I get that too, and I can feel a pressure in my head... pretty sure it's from when the black helicopters are shining their beams into my barn to see through the walls... or its just Tinnitus

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ugh..Fantastic! *sarcasm*....Wonder when it will be time to head for the hills...Just think...we still have another year for things to get even worse before the "peak" of solar activity.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
In related news, the sunspot that has been giving off some tremendous CMEs of late is now peeking around the corner:

In case you missed any of the action (CME):

SpaceWeather.com

Source Article: See "Emerging Active Region"

As noted earlier, coronal holes weaken our magnetosphere, so hopefully shields are back on full!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken." Luke 21:25-26

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
From spaceweather.com... (left side of page):

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should reach Earth on Jan. 19th or 20th. Credit: SDO/AIA.

edit on 16-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ever wonder what if the solar wind stopped? In 1999 it actually did.

From May 10-12, 1999, the solar wind that blows constantly from the Sun virtually disappeared -- the most drastic and longest-lasting decrease ever observed. Dropping to a fraction of its normal density and to half its normal speed, the solar wind died down enough to allow physicists to observe particles flowing directly from the Sun's corona to Earth. This severe change in the solar wind also changed the shape of Earth's magnetic field and produced an unusual auroral display at the North Pole.

The article here

I never actually thought of it much myself til I saw this article the other day. Seems appropriate to have some information on too little solar wind to contrast.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
looks to me like we are in for one really large solar flare. think about it, all that pent up energy has got to be released somehow... maybe that's what the Mayans were warning us about. but then again im not an astrophysicist, just a layman with a sparse understanding of solar dynamics.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
From Battros' latest email newsletter (today):

A large coronal hole on the Sun has opened up releasing large amounts of charged particles sometimes referred to as 'solar winds'. Then this flow of particles hits the Earth's magnetic field, it has a direct effect on ocean and jet stream currents.

Watch for an increase in extreme weather over the next 72 - 96 hours. On the North American continent, the most vulnerable areas would be the Pacific North West, and yes, California.

www.earthchangesmedia.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by notalemming

We may well be. It quieted down, for now, but we are in an exposed position for the next few days.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It appeared a large comet or asteroid nailed the sun and there was a MAJOR solar flare that nailed Venus pretty bad.

That black "tear" is just where the ejected material came from. Notice how Nasa ain't showing much data on the SOHO website?

Try to click on Sun Now, then for Camera EIT 304 click on "More 512x512".....

Hmmmm.....only showing data for two times.....

Hmmm....on other Camera's they leave out hours of data/pictures when it appears something is going to strike the sun.....hmmm....

We know Nasa. The gigs up.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Okey, just a couple things and correct me if I'm wrong or missed it. But I find it strange that if the Sun were to be hit by a large comet or asteroid shouldn't NASA of been excited to witness and record this event? Or were they afraid of what might've happened to the sun like a huge eruption?
second thing I'm finding odd is still the lack of any real sunspot activity, I mean yeah, we've been seeing a few sunspots pop up but they seem to disappear just as quickly, seems somethings got to give some time, just a matter of when an whats in line of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Pervius, can you elaborate - have you picked up anything else on this? A link perhaps ...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is some info regarding comets and the sun which might be useful science.nasa.gov... torm/

Interesting how so many comets grazed the sun in such a short time. Better there than here, I say!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

No offense, but the sun influences every thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join