It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It is great to see members come to this thread and explain what is happening here. Its great that they can reassure people and tell other members that what we are seeing here is normal and has occurred before.

Its really sad to see the members who have seen this before , weigh in with their explanation and then procced to mock or take the p*ss outta those who have not seen this before. Its like watching school kids. What reaction do you expect when you start this crap. If somebody is concerend or worried about something and you come along explain and then basically call them stupid for asking about and not knowing , how mature is that? If you simply explained the situation you might actually get a thanks.

this crap is actually fairly widespread on the site.

grow up people.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Please look at the date stanp at the bottom left of the image. Hardly current wouldn't you say ?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
evrything seems ok today..am i wrong??

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

It is better to feel free to express your beliefs without people scoffing.

I agree, I'm expressing my beliefs freely.

We are all ignorant, including you.

Yup, but when I'm ignorant of something I'll go and learn about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I wonder if somewhere out there if there's someone claiming to own the earth, or if we are just one of those toxic assetts that they play hot potato with....

outside of the dark area, does the sun look normal to ya.
I don't really get into the soho pics that much, but it looks different to me......dimmer or something...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

edit on 13/1/11 by B.Morrison because: changed mind...sorry

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I posted a thread bout that wikileaks wallpaper some time back, about it was showing all the things that wikileaks was going to leak. And then it hit me. That Coronal hole looks alot like the "tear" thats in the wikileaks wallpaper on the roof.
( www.abovetopsecret.com... )
Could the roof symbolise whats above us "our sun" and the blackness represent the tear we see in our sun now ??

Here is the connection I made
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/098339f904b6.jpg[/atsimg]

if you scroll down you can find the wikileaks wallpaper here, but its better to go see it in my thread where its brighten up by a ATS member
wikileaks.blogs.linkbucks.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Sorry Op for going off topic.

How the hell can anyone own something like this. This has to be the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. Owning the sun. What is the world coming too. Nobody has the rights to own any land, star or sun for that matter. These things were here long before we ever were. There should be a thread on this subject. Nobody should have the right to own land on earth or in space.

Were did owning land come from. Who gave them the permission to own it. It had to start from somewhere.
Look at the phrase "Who died and made you king" The previous king died of course. Ok, who died and made him king before that. Who decided who would be a king, queen, emperor or an average worker. Did some random guy just stand up and go. I know what, I will be a king from now on.

The owner of the Sun has opened herself up to all kinds of legal cases against herself. You can see it now. Man burns himself and sues the owner of the Sun.

I am lost for words. I am grabbing some lunch. I can't make sense of how we have got this far.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Dunno if this is aimed at me, since I didn't call anyone stupid, but hey apparently I'm being a douche (yes BM I caught that
), maybe I get tired of trying to help people out, especially when they just ignore it all anyway...

So, in my defense, a montage...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Absolutely couldn't have put it better myself mate! I've actually refrained from posting in many threads in the past purely based on what you're saying. The people you are referring to, IMO, are a bunch of peanuts! All you peanuts get off on putting a person down because they may not be as educated in these fields as you are but know this... You put one person down, but everyone else thinks you're a peanut for doing so, hence you become the joke! PEANUTS!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

These "tears" are not new.

Coronal holes are regions where the corona is dark. These features were discovered when X-ray telescopes were first flown above the earth's atmosphere to reveal the structure of the corona across the solar disc. Coronal holes are associated with "open" magnetic field lines and are often found at the Sun's poles. The high-speed solar wind is known to originate in coronal holes. spaceweather.com...

Additionally the earth "quivers" constantly.

Don't think the end is near, based on these events.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
was not trying to pick out out anybody specifically. see this all across the site.(i'm sure i have been guilty in the past too. )

just little tired of smart answers with a dig thrown it. the smart arse answers then give rise to a terrible response and can even cause embarressment which in turn leads to an all out bickering match.

if you have the gift of knowledge its good to share it. we can't have people afraid to ask questions simply becuase they might think they will be shown up and mocked.

its good to think what response your post is going to create before you hit the magic button. (i actually now delete at least half my responses before I post now because i know my response is immmature or maybe looking to upset someone. )

peace.
edit on 13-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: cant spell for crud

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here is a great link to see current/recent sun activity. For comparison, set in the time frame for previous Januaries:

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

It is much worse last year although last year we had some extreme activity, too (matched by extremes in weather and Earth changes).

Cheers!

edit on 13-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by GirlGenius

Don't think the end is near, based on these events.

I never think the end is near - I am one of your more optimistic doom-watchers

I do think that the sun activity is a major factor in our weather and natural disasters around the globe. Coronal holes, CME, sunspot cycles, etc. are all "normal" but they do affect us. According to Piers Corbyn we are headed into a period of weather extremes based on an increase in unusual sun activity and extremes in its own cycles.

We probably did have a bad period of sun activity last year too! We had a record cold Winter last year as well -- and the earthquake in Haiti!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Could this be of any coincidence?

Highergrounds Thread Sundiving Comet Storm 1-12-2011

Originally posted by Highergrounds

Sundiving Comet Storm 1-12-2011

science.nasa.gov

Jan. 12, 2011: The sun has just experienced a storm—not of explosive flares and hot plasma, but of icy comets.

"The storm began on Dec 13th and ended on the 22nd," says Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC. "During that time, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) detected 25 comets diving into the sun. It was crazy!"

Sundiving comets—a.k.a. "sungrazers"—are nothing new. SOHO typically sees one every few days, plunging inward and disintegrating as solar heat sublimes its volatile ices. "But 25 comets in just ten days, that's unprecedented," says
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Except for the two flares that burned the CDC again. God is angry. Wormwood is on its way.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by Chadwickus

No,

It is better to feel free to express your beliefs without people scoffing.

I agree completely.

Please review these threads again:

ATS is an environment for the open, HONEST and CIVIL exchange of ideas and information.

No more scoffing and ridicule...

edit on 13-1-2011 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There is a nice movie of a CME on spaceweather.com right now. Thankfully it blew out the back side of the sun, but the sun has been very active as of late.

CME

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
neat post. I keep wondering if anything serious will come of the sun's coming peak thingy.
edit on 13-1-2011 by ossminid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Thanks for the link. The sun drives the weather and Earth changes. We are in for quite a ride! Unfortunately, the most imminent result of this extreme weather and Earth changes will be famine -- coming soon to a supermarket near you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join