It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheering at a memorial service???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What the hell is going on? This is a memorial for people that died. Was it changed to a pep rally for Obama, and I just missed the memo? Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

I've been wondering the same thing. To me it seems like they're attempting to praise the lives of those lost in an optimistic manner, but it seems totally out of place. Are you noticing what seems like students higher up in the stands cheering for Obama like a sports figure?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh god, I not even going to watch it. What a political circus... Im sure bush or mccain would do the same, all of these politicians now days are political whores.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
While I stepped outside for a smoke, my husband saw that spectacle of cheering at a memorial and abruptly changed the TV channel. An old episode of Sanford and Son on TV Land is far preferable to watching a narcissist delight in crowd adoration. More shameful than Obama is those who were clapping - WAAAAY inappropriate!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The masses are Giving into Obama at the moment he is Feeding the Media with common sense
Verses from the old Testament.They have no other expression for their remorse accept Applause.
The just want to be heard on Television. Whistles, Yelling, and Screaming. NonSense!
The Name itself had me Distraught. "Together we Thrive : Tucson and America"
I like how they Said "Tucson AND America".

Obama Get off the Stage!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This behaviour is really unacceptable this memorial is for people who have died and should of been peaceful. Not for a cheering group of people who would not stop.It really is disrespectful for the service that took place.
edit on 12-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
your government has lost the plot on a biblical scale if you shout or cheer at a memorial and think that is acceptable then you are truely lost and i know your nation isnt like that or at least wasnt and i do not believe that that you have gone downhill that fast

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
And now *gasp* they are singing.

Seriously people...calm down...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

im from the uk and feel this a little bit disgusting. the president should offer his condolences and the back the f off and leave the community alone to deal with things the way they see fit. maybe in a month or two but now hes just filling our papers with sh"^t
edit on 12-1-2011 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I guess it's supposed to be somewhere between a "wake" and a savvy PR op. Me thinks it tends more towards a savvy PR op minus the savvy. How gauche.

edit on 1/12/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

obama at a wake ??? one way to start a mass suicide he should reorganise his vocabulary to say change, got any spare change bush was bad but hes just a bum in a nice suit

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

obama at a wake ??? one way to start a mass suicide he should reorganise his vocabulary to say change, got any spare change bush was bad but hes just a bum in a nice suit

Um. No.
This is a nice suit:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b19c252a16f0.jpg[/atsimg]

As for the "memorial": A cheer-fest like that would have perhaps been received better after some time had passed, but it appears the PR machine went into "ludicrous speed" mode over the weekend. Instead of a sombre memorial service we get the spectacle and awe of any number of opportunists wearing their hearts on their sleeves as the camera shutters click away. I said it once, I'll say it again:

How gauche.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by kingofmd

I had to turn it off too. I don't know how it ended up but the pep rally feel at the beginning was awful.
Applause, ok. Singing, ok. Screaming wooooo at the top of your lungs, terrible. Families are mourning. I wish those there could have showed more respect for those families.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join