It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening to Obama Administrations Visit to Tucson and You Have Got to be Kidding Me!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I agree that the tone was highly inappropriate, but it was not Obama's fault. That's one of the first things i noticed, the disrespectful and tasteless applause, whistles and cheers by the crowd. Yes, this is a MEMORIAL service, not a pep rally. There should be solemn respect.

And i agree with the poster who said that Obama looked kinda uncomfortable with the displays, but he also seemed to be eating it up, which i guess is hard to help when one is in such a powerful position or needs displays to reaffirm one's self importance.

I'll say it again, it was not Obama fault; it was the reaction to Obama and whatever else by a bunch of immature, disrespectful college kids. It was the crowd's fault for not being respectful, even before Obama took the podium. Granted, he could have said something to iterate the fact that it was a Memorial Service, but he didn't.

Personally, i think his speech was very fine and mostly appropriate in substance and tone.

But the audience should be ashamed of itself.

~
Lastly, i do not consider myself religious, and the reading from the bible kinda of got on my nerves, but it was supposed to be a comfort to the audience, who are probably mostly christian. That doesn't address the others faiths that were probably there (and perhaps it should have), but i was happy to see a Native American and his blessings. All in all, i do think it was too overtly religious in tone, but i think the purpose of that was...justifiable. In this case, I think so (?).

Kinda reminds me of funeral services that turn unto sleazy sermons, forgetting the person who has died...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I agree that the tone was highly inappropriate, but it was not Obama's fault. That's one of the first things i noticed, the disrespectful and tasteless applause, whistles and cheers by the crowd. Yes, this is a MEMORIAL service, not a pep rally. There should be solemn respect.

And i agree with the poster who said that Obama looked kinda uncomfortable with the displays, but he also seemed to be eating it up, which i guess is hard to help when one is in such a powerful position or needs displays to reaffirm one's self importance.

I'll say it again, it was not Obama fault; it was the reaction to Obama and whatever else by a bunch of immature, disrespectful college kids. It was the crowd's fault for not being respectful, even before Obama took the podium. Granted, he could have said something to iterate the fact that it was a Memorial Service, but he didn't.

Personally, i think his speech was very fine and mostly appropriate in substance and tone.

~
Lastly, i do not consider myself religious, and the reading from the bible kinda of got on my nerves, but it was supposed to be a comfort to the audience, who are probably mostly christian. That doesn't address the others faiths that were probably there (and perhaps it should have), but i was happy to see a Native American and his blessings. All in all, i do think it was too overtly religious in tone, but i think the purpose of that was...justifiable. In this case, I think so (?).

Kinda reminds me of funeral services that turn unto sleazy sermons, forgetting the person who has died...

What's more the Bible passages didn't make any sense. Nothing but quasi-intellectual double talk. They may aswell have quoted lines from 'The Matrix Reloaded'

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well at least Obama admitted that the shooter was a nut and his actions were not the fault of anyone else and impossible to understand.

Liberals have torn the country apart in an effort to demonize their oppostion and to limit the first two admendments of the constitution - the freedom of speech and the freedom to bear arms. That is a real shame because it took away from the healing that needed to be done in the country and killed the opportunity of us coming together as a Nation. I think liberals having politized the murders has made this very non-political tragedy into a poisonous political one and that is why we saw all the inappropriate and mindless cheering from young Democrats in the audience at the memorial. Horray for "our side"; "boo for the enemies." They have given this insane display to the world.

I don't look at this inappropriate "memorial" as the President's fault. His speech was respectful towards and mindful of the victims - the subject of the memorial. The left media and activists set up the tragedy into a political hate fest event and the college students got lost in the spirit of that carefully orchestrated political manipulation. I'm just sad for our Nation that we have such soulless twisted freaks among the elite class. And I felt the same horror as Americans followed Bush down the road of the Patriot Act and surrendered our freedoms in a frenzy of rah rah.

The only reason to live in the United States is constitutional freedom. It is what we had that no other nation had - it was exceptional in the world. If we wanted to live in a nation of centralized and elitist hatred, control and oppression, we would not need to be living here. Free pepole don't join band wagons of witch hunts on a National level. These episodes of insanity would happen locally in the US but they used to be ironed out and made right Nationally. We are not supposed to be so ealily manipulated and herded like cattle against one another's freedoms.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquesenceI agree that the tone was highly inappropriate, but it was not Obama's fault. That's one of the first things i noticed, the disrespectful and tasteless applause, whistles and cheers by the crowd. Yes, this is a MEMORIAL service, not a pep rally. There should be solemn respect.

I admit, initially I didn’t even listen to the speech. However, after reading some of the threads – I watched the spectacle on line. I call it a spectacle on purpose because after watching it that’s exactly what it was….

To be fair, (right wingers doing the same) it reminded me a lot of the Pat Tillman funeral that at which Senator McCain and his people not only inserted their religious beliefs (diametrically opposed to that of the deceased BTW who was a devout atheist) and political spin into the event.

No one could have said it better than his brother, who after McCain got done talking about how Pat was now with god got-up there drunk and said Pat didn’t believe in that crap and was “just ****dead”!

The event was not about Pat Tillman at all just a chance to get some face time for the Politicians.

So was the tone set Barry’s fault or his handlers or the audience itself who in their adulation for one of the most charismatic President’s in recent history lost sight of the fact the event wasn’t about him or his gracing them at it but the victims?

As the leader I would say he bears the majority of the responsibility in part because he had the ability to set the tone.

If he would have after the first set of applause, which clearly was long, and loud and for him rather than the victims, said something like:

“While I appreciate your applause this is not about me – it’s not a political rally let’s respect the solemnity of the event please. “

Perhaps the event would have stayed on tone. Who knows, I say as far as the content of the speech went and his delivery it was what I expected from a POTUS.

However, the decision to use the event to push the “let’s all get along” and “stop the division” might have meant something if he would have copped to some of the vitriolic and divisive statements he made as poor judgment on his part along with a promise to tone his rhetoric to set the example as well.

Had he done that I would have taken him to be sincere – instead he came off as smug and hypocritical –using the tragedy to gain political advantage…it is just my opinion of course.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It was very innapropriate to use those certain bible verses (Napolitano, Holder, and Obama) at this sort of ceremony... especially when you read the whole chapters they quoted. it seemed as though it was some sort of Elite communication technique.

REALLY, go look up psalms 46, Isaiah 40, and Corinthians 2. very irrelevant, and somewhat spooky.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Heres the vid people.

WTF is wrong with these people?

While watching it, I wanted to scream into the t.v(as if I were there)
"STFU people, this is a memorial service, not a (-bleepin-)beyonce concert".

What is wrong with people? Seriously. Is there a mental illness that comes along with being an Obama supporter or what?

Obama- "scripture tells us theres evil in the world".- Yea, im looking right at it.

edit on 13-1-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join