It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening to Obama Administrations Visit to Tucson and You Have Got to be Kidding Me!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
How dare the president hold a memorial for a national tragedy! He even had the nerve to read from the BIBLE?! Simply disgusting. That's OUR book!
I wonder how he even found the time, what with his busy schedule of eating babies and stomping kittens, to speak such blasphemy.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
None of the news media pundits have failed to exploit this tragedy politically, why should we expect anything different here?

Besides, no one has quoted from the Qur'an yet, have they?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
How dare the president hold a memorial for a national tragedy! He even had the nerve to read from the BIBLE?! Simply disgusting. That's OUR book!
I wonder how he even found the time, what with his busy schedule of eating babies and stomping kittens, to speak such blasphemy.

You're good!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So the big O can reference the Big Cheese for a memorial ceremony but not when it comes to our Constitution or references to thereof??? I smell B.S.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I thought you conservatives like reciting scripture? Are you not the party that wanted to allow prayer back in public schools? Are you not the party that always talked about the lack of morality on the part of democrats? When you talk about sheeple think about yourselves! You people are supporting political parties that don't even care about what you think. These threads are so bias all I have to do is read the title and know what political side the OP is on. Instead of rooting for your political team (republican or democrat), why don't you start thinking outside the box instead of following these political agendas. People on this site complain about the corruption of our government, yet you support the same corrupt parties. If everyone continues to find fault based upon political affiliation this country will never progress to help the common good of its people.

You are very correct. I guess I didn't realize it at the time I made my posting, but I DID make mention of the republican party in reference to Jan Brewer. Please allow me to correct myself and say that JAN BREWER being who she is and what she has done for Arizona most definitely deserved standing ovations. I guess I meant to more so point out the fact that she was the only republican (as in opposition to the typical democrat agenda) present and whattya know....no standing ovation.

So YES I can take constructive criticism and admit when I am in error, and WeRpeons you sir ARE CORRECT in your assertion in that BOTH "parties" are as equally corrupt in selling us down the river therefore NEITHER party should be favored over the other as I believe that they truly are one in the same.

Thank you for your contribution to the thread. Star for you my friend

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Perhaps because they weren't democrats who worked in Washington.
I dunno...

Perhaps they were not members of congress? It is not like a member of congress is killed every day. Oil rig workers and military...they tend to die rather frequently.

Sorry I missed this memorial service. Sounds like it really ruffled some feathers. I was busy at a Rudy Guliani 9/11 fund raiser with guest comedian G.W. telling his famous WMD jokes. Well, lets see if Obama is still milking this tragedy 9 years from now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

This has NOTHING to do with bush.
It has to do with the appalling actions of the Obama memorial and his clap happy crowd of MORONS!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloworm48
I cant help but wonder why was there no special Memorial Service for the Fort Hood victims! And the men who died on the BP oil rig! I dont think the media even mentioned there names! This is very disturbing!

People died on the BP rig? I bet you that 90% of Americans didn't know that. I certainly didn't, and I actually keep up with things. Imagine what the average "drive by" news watcher thinks.

The reason this is being played up is simple. It works for all of their political goals. You get "home grown terrorism," gun control, "conservative rhetoric" (even though it doesn't fit), and the democrat looks like a hero for getting shot talking to constituents. This is a James Carvell wet dream.

To bad everybody is forgetting that there are some real people feeling a lot of real suffering. My heart breaks for the parents of that 9 year old child. I couldn't imagine living, if that happened to my kid.They get my heart felt sympathy.

Everybody trying to make this a political football. . . There is a special place in hell for people like them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
reply to post by Sinnthia

This has NOTHING to do with bush.
It has to do with the appalling actions of the Obama memorial and his clap happy crowd of MORONS!!!!

I did not say it did have anything to do with Bush now did I?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The scariest phrase involved was (from memory)

"We need to abandon old ways of thinking to prevent new tragedies"

I just searched for the transcript and found the actual quote as " We should be willing to challenge old assumptions in order to lessen the prospects of violence in the future. "

Watch the whole 33 minute speech

Or read the transcript

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

The scariest phrase involved was (from memory)

"We need to abandon old ways of thinking to prevent new tragedies"

I just searched for the transcript and found the actual quote as " We should be willing to challenge old assumptions in order to lessen the prospects of violence in the future. "

Watch the whole 33 minute speech

Or read the transcript

Another "33!" minute speech? hmm...
The *33* Minute Speech Given By Obama at *Eisenhower* Hall on *December 2nd*, 2009
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually, this was a good speech. Obviously he can't control the crowd, but his speech was still good. I think even the folks at Fox liked it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The worst case of a PR whore was Nancy Pelosi - I almost threw up my dinner when I saw her in the crowd sitting next to the group that Obama had identified as the heroes that stopped the shooting from continuing. Pelosi's sitting with that group was about as appropriate as the first dog taking a dump on the Oval Office rug....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The only part of the speech that deserved applause was when he said Giffords opened her eyes. Otherwise, you do not cheer at a memorial service, especially when introducing speakers. That tends to make the observers believe that the audience cares more about the speaker, than those they are remembering. Im guessing the student audience 'pre-gamed' before showing up to the pep rally. This generation has no hope

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
People will use ANY opportunity to criticize Obama won't they? To USE a funeral to get in a few digs about the government... well, it's pretty lame, IMO.

Reading these threads criticizing the funeral (really meant to criticize Obama) reminds me of a bunch of old hens (old gossiping nosey ladies) sitting around at the quilting bee, being 'outraged' at something one of the younger folks did... Perhaps a young woman wore a scandalous bathing suit that's got the old ladies in a huff!

I've seen funerals where there was a band, dancing and fun memories of the departed. But anything outside your narrow view of what a 'proper' funeral SHOULD be (in your opinion) is just not acceptable!!

I can hear it now...

Why, it's just improper, it is!
Clapping at a funeral? Why I never!
Can you Imagine! Whooping and hollering at a FUNERAL of all places!

Someone needs to get a life...

Originally posted by kingofmd
This generation has no hope

Not if they're all as judgmental as the contributors to this thread, they don't.

edit on 1/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
OK, I'm from Canada, but I caught the speech last night as well.

Like all politicians, his speech was written by a team of professional writers who are hired by each particular party and are experts at infiltrating party politics (as subtly as it may be) into every public occasion... that is their job.

I too was somewhat uncomfortable with the standing ovations and cheering at a memorial... perhaps it was the sports venue wearing off on the audience?

The one thing I kept thinking is how great a public speaker president Obama is. He trumps all other world politicians in this discipline, especially a certain past president of the U.S.A. The great public speakers can almost make people ignore the message as they are so star struck by the messenger. (I am not making any implications on his message, only that his oratory skills are superb!)

One points of interest from someone outside of the U.S.A. :
How come, in a country where church and state are to be separated, must all presidential speeches end with "God bless America"? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it does seem slightly illogical from this outsider's point of view.

Anyhow, I was anxious to see the commentary here on ATS, as many of the contributors here are able to make the abstraction between the message and the messenger. Though sadly, many are not, and this applies to all sides of the political and MSM aisles. (cue applause sign now... with TV director waving hands to convince the audience to stand)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I watched the whole thing and laughed my arse off. In a strange, I-need-to-laugh-to-cope-with-this way.

Never in my entire life have I seen such outright propoganda on live television. I watched it thinking "Are these mothers for real? Americans tolerate this level of insanity?"

It was on par with the type of propoganda you found in Communist Russia. Is America that whacko and indoctrinated or is that a one off?

Downright creepy

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
That SOB wouldn't have a clue about anything.

You watch it, you see the offhand, flippant remarks, and the laughing and clapping, and you can see that this SOB has no business at a MEMORIAL, and that those followers of his have absolutely no class at all.

Ever see any other memorials by other President's?

This President reminds me of summer vacation - NO CLASS!

That was meant to be a memorial? Oh god, that makes it worse. I thought it was a bloody press release

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Someone please post a vid, I got rid of my television watching habbits already.

Outkast- I think muzzleflash is more concerned with the fact that Obama i turning it into a circus rather than treating it like a memorial(from what I can understand due to all those years in he public school system).
They are making this political, they hve from the very benning, and that is what the problem is. The agenda.

Whoever posts this video first gets a big blue star from me.

edit to add- grusfaba.(sp)
edit on 12-1-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

It wasn't just Obama. It was everyone. The whole event was very very odd.

I'm glad to find out most Americans were taken aback too, because it had me raising eyebrows when I watched it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The speech was a slap in the face of the ones who lost their lives. Sad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join