It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening to Obama Administrations Visit to Tucson and You Have Got to be Kidding Me!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Im listening to him now. and so far he seems to be telling people sum good values. to love one another, help one another, and the fact that the words god or bible isnt banned from TV or spoke without riticuel is a sight for sore eyes. regardless of who is quoting the bible at least people will hear the word

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Someone please post a vid, I got rid of my television watching habbits already.

Outkast- I think muzzleflash is more concerned with the fact that Obama i turning it into a circus rather than treating it like a memorial(from what I can understand due to all those years in he public school system).
They are making this political, they hve from the very benning, and that is what the problem is. The agenda.

Whoever posts this video first gets a big blue star from me.

edit to add- grusfaba.(sp)
edit on 12-1-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk
Nice catch...thanks for pointing that out

Thanks, brother.
That stood out like a sore thumb to me...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
*IF there are rain puddles in heaven Kristina is jumping in them today* APPLAUSE APPLAUSE.!

You have got to be kidding me!!

link   
reply to post by pthd840

Right, but this speech is more in line with a fund raising convention, not a Memorial. He's blatantly pandering to people's emotions in the wake of this tragedy.

Then again is the POTUS didn't make his pontifications, how would the people know what to think?

link   
Reply to post by Common Good

It's being streamed on most abc websites.

Well, it's over now

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
*IF there are rain puddles in heaven Kristina is jumping in them today* APPLAUSE APPLAUSE.!

You have got to be kidding me!!

Indeed.
It'd be a shame if it turned out she ended up with 72 virgins

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Worst part of this, imo, is that it's pre-empting Modern Family!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

You are right. they are turning something that should be a time of mourning for the victims into a time to shine for there selfs

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Isn't this the same President with the same group of followers of his that said that "the United States in no longer a Christian nation?"

Could they be ANY more hypocritical... what a joke. This President will be known as the most openly hypocritical liar that ever ran this great nation. I hope the media, left or right, tears him to pieces on what I just said.

~Namaste
edit on 12-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This was eerily reminiscent of the 2008 presidential campaign. His target audience has always been college students. (Sorry about using the word "target". Heard this word is being outlawed today along with bullseye and reload). Maybe this was the reason why the memorial was chosen to be held there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I listened to this for about 60 seconds; at that point the "first speaker" announces that he is a person of mixed Indian and Mexican heritage and how his “people” settled the area first and that he is going to give some kind of traditional invocation.

Less than 60 seconds in we are spinning the immigration issue...can only go downhill from there.

I turned it off right there - didn't need to hear what Barry was going to say, one could see the writing on the proverbial Pueblo wall!

Exploitation of the deaths to make political agenda endorsements!

*snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Isn't this the same President with the same group of followers of his that said that "the United States in no longer a Christian nation?"

Could they be ANY more hypocritical... what a joke. This President will be known as the most openly hypocritical liar that ever ran this great nation. I hope the media, left or right, tears him to pieces on what I just said.

~Namaste
edit on 12-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

YES!! And that is what killed me dude...you mean to tell me that BOTH *snip* posse members speaking right after the other spent 90% of their speech time in reading scripture from the HOLY BIBLE, and we are to expect that they did so on their own free will?!?!

Nah. And if you buy that, I got some beach front property in Montana to sell you. This was fake and all show with an agenda through and through plain and simple!

NT

MOD EDIT: **Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on 12-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, I saw some of this and I thought Obama looked uncomfortable with the crowd acting like it was a football game rally. They're acting like it's "dollar dog night at the Tucson Memorial".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The 2012 presidential campaigning b.s. officially started tonight.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Given the diversity in this country, I think speaking about an honest government was quite a challenge. Hopefully everybody heard what they needed to hear.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is outrageous! Just when I thought I had seen it all! Something is just so wrong with this! I watched about 20 minutes of it before I had to turn it off.Nauseous! This seemed more like a Rock concert at times than a memorial
service. I cant help but wonder why was there no special Memorial Service for the Fort Hood victims! And the men who died on the BP oil rig! I dont think the media even mentioned there names! This is very disturbing!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I thought you conservatives like reciting scripture? Are you not the party that wanted to allow prayer back in public schools? Are you not the party that always talked about the lack of morality on the part of democrats? When you talk about sheeple think about yourselves! You people are supporting political parties that don't even care about what you think. These threads are so bias all I have to do is read the title and know what political side the OP is on. Instead of rooting for your political team (republican or democrat), why don't you start thinking outside the box instead of following these political agendas. People on this site complain about the corruption of our government, yet you support the same corrupt parties. If everyone continues to find fault based upon political affiliation this country will never progress to help the common good of its people.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloworm48
I cant help but wonder why was there no special Memorial Service for the Fort Hood victims! And the men who died on the BP oil rig!

Perhaps because they weren't democrats who worked in Washington.
I dunno...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I guess it's supposed to be somewhere between a "wake" and a savvy PR op. Me thinks it tends more towards a savvy PR op minus the savvy. How gauche.
edit on 1/12/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join