It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome To The Reservation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Welcome To The Reservation

www.prisonplanet.com

“The history of the American and the history of the Indian have now come full circle and are intertwined in the dictatorial policies of those that control the monetary system of America,” remarks Means, pointing out that the elite are now so out of control that they are destroying themselves as well as the country.

“You’ve exported everything that makes a country run, for your greed, for Wal-Marts, for this idiocy of just buy, buy, buy and debt, debt, debt,” states Means, slamming apathetic Americans for allowing the Republic to be commandeered by two political parties who are alm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Native American Elder and activist Russell Means is one wise old dude, much like many of the indigenous elders. And he calls it like he sees it, without pulling punches.

He makes some interesting observations and brings up some points that bare a closer look into, imho.

Are Americans in general literally mirroring what was done to the American Indians? A complete takeover, and loss of a way of life and sustenance, due to conquerors in high places taking everything from them?

Perhaps it sounds ludicrous on the surface, but take a look around at what is happening to our country. The gap between the haves and the have-nots keeps widening by the day, and the infrastructure of our country is literally being gutted, not to mention the damage to the environment these mega corporations are doing.

This is worth a gander, and some thinking over...

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I guess there is a couple ways to look at it. One being manifest destiny to the extreme lead awry. We took, and we took. Now that we have taken the world we can only take ourselves. We have consumed to death.
The other being that it did what is was designed to do. Conquer. Unify as much of the world under one political, economic, and cultural system. The systems time has past. A new one is being slowly updated over the old. Bad news. The new system is alot stricter, and could end badly for regular people. That is, unless enough decide to stand up for the future.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agrere many americans are mirroring those of the past who destroyed the native indians, I also in the same sentence believe it lays prominatelyi n the laps of the elites.. people mirror their superiors, Our superiors are who is giving away our businesses our money our land to the overseas elites. It is like they are purposely destroying america. But again who votes the crud in but the people. People are born into a political family and idealology, and they would rather die then to believe their party is corrupt-bad-unworthy of the seat. Nope until the american citizen gets their heads reconnected with reality we will quickly fall into the sewers and holes of nothingness. wake up america we vote the demons in, we can change it with the fact of every vote counts..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Interesting thoughts.. I did find it weird that at the end of the article they want people to join the site for $39.99. I chuckled to myself because the topic of the article, and then asking for money at the end, just seemed contrary to each other lol.

Personally speaking I agree for the most part in what he is saying. If we look back at US history and politicol parties you will find that most parties only lasted 20-30 years before being replaced. The comment about the Democrats and Republicans being one in the same is funny because back in the day they were one party.

When they split that was the last time we had a political party upgrade. Seem we are long overdue for another one, and I am wondering if that is the Tea Party. All of the 3rd party rises we have seen have only been about the Preisdential elections. In this case the Tea Party started at the grass roots level and actually had members elected to Congress.

I have always wonderd what would happen to our planet if the incident between British and German soldiers during WWI occured all the time. To those who don't know, during WWI, there was an incident that occured close to Christmas(if I remember right) where British and Germans soldiers pretty much declared a cease fire on their own.

They left the trenches and migled and talked with each other, some played games, which pissed off the officers on both sides.

The next day the war continued.

I have always wondered what would happen if all the military personel just plain refused to fight. Without a military, no Government could push their agendas,

edit on 12-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

One must wonder; could this have been the goal of America all along? After all, it was founded as a series of colonies by European powers. Its economy has always depended on extracting the wealth of one continent and shipping it to others. Wasn't it inevitable that the American elites eventually run out of cheaply extracted resources and decide to bail out on the country? Wasn't it inevitable that they would sell the New Country out to the Old Country when it was no longer profitable?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is the whole interview with Russell Means on youtube. I was about to start a thread about this video when the search function came up with this existing one. Same difference I suppose.

I have always been fascinated with the cultures and histories of the Native American nations. (My nick may give this away).

I truly believe that our civilization has a lot to gain from the wisdom and philosophy of these people.
There wasn't much I didn't already know that Russell Means is talking about in this video, but the way he speaks about it really makes the insanity of it all stand out like a sore thumb.

"You, my friends, are nothing but coupons for the government and those who control it. Just a commodity. And you will continue to be so, as long as you allow the Constitution to be raped. You are now the new American Indian. Welcome to the Reservation!"

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Have just read how RUSSELL MEANS - on FB - supports RON PAUL. Listened to the original speaking on YOUTUBE Welcome To The Reservation - a moment ago and learned such was a pre-original on Prisoplanet.

Man speaks a lot of present world Truths, and thats for sure.

new topics

top topics

join