It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Hillbillys do

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Iv seen the members art section and thought may be I could put up some of the things I do for fun and some folks do think its art enjoy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0443be0ef05c.jpg[/atsimg]
One of the best Iv done
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc5be2f60b50.jpg[/atsimg]
The bigest
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/265ca7db3c3a.jpg[/atsimg]
The weirdest
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/949c5687cb1b.jpg[/atsimg]
the coolest
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a40024e9eaea.jpg[/atsimg]
The most time consuming
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19026056eed6.jpg[/atsimg]
my first

edit on 12-1-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I guess you like fishing then

Curious, never seen any fishing art before, But im liking it Hilly billy

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Man those are cool...they look like something made by Rapalla.

What do you fish with those, stripers?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Thank you it takes a lot of time and trial and error and with the under standing of vortices and light filtration in different colors of water its an art in my book and still learning

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Stripes, large mouth and spotted bass and some times you can get a crappie

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

i have to say that this is very different. I have never seen anything like it before but it is pretty cool. Good Job! Everyone has their own way and your way is very unique!
is this the only kind of art that you do?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Good deal. The next to the last one must have taken some serious time to do. Great detail.

I have been crackin out with the cold weather, cant wait til spring gets here so I can hit the lakes and rivers

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Freakin heck dude they`re fantastic!

I would love to see one day you post the process of making one.

The second one down 14"
a forteen inch lure? what type of fish do you catch with that over there?

The largest lures I own (purchased) would be about 7" and have much better luck with bait,but if I made those like yours I wouldn`t want a fish to bite them anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Awesome S+F!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I think you may just have convinced me of the universal collective conciousness.

A friend of my gf just posted artistic pictures of fishing lures he had made on facebook
what are the chance of that?
edit on 13-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Hillbilly! Those are absolutely killer!

But you're putting a ton of work into this whole thing and I happen to know the reality of why hillbillies fish...

So, tell ya what... You bring the lures and the boat, I'll bring my debit card, and we can meet here.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

Thank you for the reply, I do wood working I build mandolins, dulcimers and guitars from time ot time

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Thank you, The 14inch was just a test run to get a good reading and the impact of size vs current the way the vortices move along all 4 sides of the bait.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Game on heff

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

great minds dave great minds

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
reply to post by Staysay29

Thank you for the reply, I do wood working I build mandolins, dulcimers and guitars from time ot time

Ever try your hand at the old timey open-backed banjos?

Excellent job on the lures! They ARE art - I wouldn't dip 'em in the water for nothing. Too much work to actually fish with. I'd hang 'em on the wall like the trophies they're supposed to catch.

I like the avatar. That's Popcorn Sutton, moonshiner extraordinaire. Not so extraordinary at evading the law over it, but we all have our problems, eh?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Better watch who you call Hillbilly, Yankee! Seriously though, I am southern, born and bread, and I hate to fish. Too boring. I was always working on a car, or a hot rod, these are what cured my ADHD, and allowed me to concentrate. Cars were my life for many years, just like a lot of other Southern Brethren, like Dale Earnhart, and Darrel Waltrip, and Fireball Roberts. I have owned over 500 of them, and built up a few thousand of them. Everything from engine rebuild and repair, to crash damage repair, to custom application on automobile bodies, to high performance engine building, to radical race cars, and yes, to family sedans too, that was my bread and butter. That all ended for me when I rolled a semi truck in '85. I just cannot bend over, and crawl under them anymore. so not I fix computers. It does not, in any way whatsoever, take the place of cars. But it does keep my hands busy. I'm 57 now, and I still hate to fish.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Those are very nice. Are they all lures? The one on the lawn, or in the grass, looks larger.
Make some really big ones. Make one as big as a dog.

Or a car.

Then you could sell it to a wealthy fisherman type, who would then place it on his lawn as a statue.
Or on his roof. Or put in his pool or fountain. Or make it moveable, and children can ride on it.

Just saying.

edit on 1/14/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Because of the title I thought you'd post a picture of your sister or something
The lures look damn real!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Actually I do sell them the 14inch (the biggest) was sold for $320.00 to a guy in Cali. The Bass one (the most Time consuming) was sold to a friend of mine for $200.00 it was a special order he wanted a bass swimbait and that was the best I could come up with it took nearly a week to build and paint.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join