It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Diving Comet Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
what can one say heres the link to the nasa site
Lets all check it out....
science.nasa.gov...
edit on 12-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All i can say is Beauty! i cant wait for a bigger one of the family to smack the sun....
These comets striking the surface of the sun would be like a needle prick in the strodome, so i doubt that anything ominous is in store, just a good old fashioned universal fireworks direct from the hand of well...God....
Everyone should get so see this once in a lifetime....
I sinceely doubt this solar storm has anything to do with bird deaths, fish die off, the volcanoes or earhquakes either....jus plain fun!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
S&F! Good find...

I recall several threads where people had seen objects near or around the sun and couldn't tell what they were, this answers a lot.

However, the part that concerns me is this:

"Since SOHO was launched there has been a trend of increasing numbers of Kreutz sungrazers," he points out. A table in Knight's 2008 PhD thesis shows SOHO detecting 69 sungrazers in 1997 compared to 200 sungrazers in 2010. "The increase is significant and cannot be accounted for by improvements in SOHO or the increasing skill of comet hunters."

I think the bold part is extremely relevant. Are we seeing an increase in objects headed for earth? Are our odds of an impact increasing now? What would be the cause? Things just keep getting better don't they....

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I sinceely doubt this solar storm has anything to do with bird deaths, fish die off, the volcanoes or earhquakes either....jus plain fun!

I have to disagree with you on that... it could very well be related in the sense that it's happening at the same time, not that it is a direct cause. There could be something bigger at work.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well if yer looking for the huge one comming, i think its pretty obvious that all the pieces have been around the block several times already no?
I dont think there is a big enough one that it could do a lot even striking earth...we are talking room sized ice chunks which would be considerable smaller by the time any hit mother earth, which i might add isnt that highly likely...if at all...
By the looks of it its one of those rare times when we can sit and watch the show without too much doom and gloom....
Like i said, these objects have been around before......but then would they tell us if an iceberg was flying in the size of greenland? i doubt it....
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...
edit on 12-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join