It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the near futures healthcare of america?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
in yesterdays montana tribune the headline read, Montanas new republican senator is pushing our local legestration to eliminate all low income medicaid, along with this upcomming bill, the young needy will not be the only affected, the plans are to also eliminate elderly care in retirement homes. Then just know I open my e-mail to what looks to be the low income and needys, heck who knows maybe even us privately insured citizens future healthcare, get this dial a doctor. here is the link to the healthcare offer. I dont know how to embed so here is the direct web link.
www.dialdoctors.com...
I personally think this is not good. How can a doctor diagnos me through a phone call? what I tell him may not be totally correct. I also see upcomming drug abuse to becomming far more intense then it already is.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yup you got it, my Daughter is disabled, so she gets S.S.I. and has state Medical insurance, but just recently her insurance cut out part of her Supplies she gets for her Incontanance, and they no longer will pay for her Physical Therapy or Any of her medication......

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

My mother lives in california, she recieved a letter from medicaid telling her, they are illiminating most of the prescription drug coverage her life depends on. Also with the whacking of all low income and seniour money and insurance, they are probably going to be cutting about $100.00 a month from her alreaday rediculously low social security check. I told my mother enjoy the checks while you get them because in my opinion within 1 to 1/2 years social security will be a thing of the past. She use to not believe me about this, i been telling her for about 18 months this is comming, well at least know she listen a little more to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I haven't heard anything about Dial-A-Doc yet, so I'll have to look into it and check out the link that you gave. Off the top of my head though, I don't think something like that could work because the doctor would have to examine the patient in order to be able to prescribe any specific treatments, testing, medications, etc. It would simply be impossible to make a diagnosis over the telephone (a correct diagnosis that is).

And as far as Social Security, I really don't think anybody should plan to rely on it. My parents are elderly and my father's Social Security check is somewhere around $285 per month. My mother's check is even more dismal at around $100 per month. Years ago, when they were a lot younger, that was considered pretty good money and a person could probably do okay, not living high on the hog, but at least they could survive. But let me tell you, my parents sure wouldn't be able to survive in today's world if all they had was their Social Security checks. In today's world, I think that would barely even cover the utility bills, let alone food and a roof over your head.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is the wonderful new government healthcare that was forced on us.

A family member who works at a healthcare facility and they had a meeting in which they were told almost half of the staff was going to be laid off and the reason was because of the new healthcare bill. So almost half the staff would be gone, but having to take care of the same amount of patients.

I can't wait to see what other wonders our all-knowing benevolent government has in store for us little folk.

new topics

top topics

join