It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange Gets Kiss of Judas from Those He Trusted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It seems that Mr. Assange has been betrayed by one of his own staff as well as the editor at Guardian. Is there no one with integrity and loyalty anymore? It appears that Mr. Assange had a reason for arranging the "leaks" to be released in a particular order and timely manner. But once again, corruption rules the day.

It also seems that those whom Mr. Assange had hoped he could trust have not been dedicated to truth as one might expect, but instead are only dedicated to their own corrupt egos. Those who once were thought to be working in harmony with WikiLeaks have now turned the tables and have used the leaks as leverage against Mr. Assange, threatening to publish at will unless he gives more.

It seems that the Guardian publisher is only concerned with wanting to be famous for getting the news first at whatever cost or sacrifice to others. Guardian policy seems to be as nasty as any other media corporation---anyone will be stepped on and stepped over in Guardians push to be top of the heap. These evil ones are always manipulating and arranging loopholes for themselves. One day, all these greedy deceitful folks will get what they deserve. I truly believe that and hope I get to see it when it comes around.

Julian Assange threatened to sue The Guardian unless the paper ceased its plans to published the State Department cables the WikiLeaks chief had given it, a Vanity Fair piece released Thursday reveals.
....Assange demanded a delay of the release of the Afghan war logs so that another media partner could also look at them. The Guardian's chief investigations editor, David Leigh, made a demand as part of his negotiations:

Leigh said he could arrange for a six-week delay--but only if Assange gave him the third batch of documents, the so-called "package three," [the State Department cables], potentially the most tantalizing of them all. According to Leigh, Assange said, "You can have package three tonight, but you have to give me a letter signed by the Guardian editor saying you won't publish package three until I say so." Assange got his letter.
www.vanityfair.com...

However, the Guardian caught what it felt was a big break: unbeknownst to Assange, a former WikiLeaks volunteer had leaked the State Department cables to British freedom of information activist and journalist Heather Brooke, who had been instrumental in exposing the scandal over politician's expense accounts that rocked Britain in 2009. Leigh convinced Brooke to work with the Guardian, and the paper considered itself released from its pledge not to publish until Assange's say-so.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 12-1-2011 by Alethea because: to add vanity fair link

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

If something happens to JA we will start a massive protest.

Gimme a star if you agree.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sometimes theres a lot to be said for a good Old-fashioned Lynching....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

If something happens to JA we will start a massive protest.

Gimme a star if you agree.

Apparently, everybody is looking to profit from Assange, right down to begging for stars.
Shameful.
And by the way...who do you intend to protest to?
People have been protesting things for years and all to no avail.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Honestly did no one see this coming?

Of course he was going to be betrayed, I wouldnt be surprised if members of his staff were actual moles working for his 'enemies,' but really does Mr. Assange have any enemies? I really dont think so. His leaks so far have been utter nonsense, like I've stated before, they have amounted to nothing more than whispers and gossip. I have yet to read anything mindblowing in anything that has been released, and nothing surprising to say the least. To me it seems like nothing more than sitting around in middle school when someone brought their older sister's diary in and we all sat around giggling at it. Just like the wikileaks cables, after a week or so we all forgot about it and moved on with our lives.

And to speak of egos, Mr. Assange surely has enough of one to go around. He is so sure to put his face out there every few days or so, garnering credit for the gossip that he is spreading around so willingly. Now that the Guardian wants to publish more, he comes out and claims some master plan for the specific order that he wanted them to be released, if I were the guardian I would simply put it all out there immediately, why wait for this man's permission? That way we could get all of the gossip out of the way sooner and move on to something of substance.

There I got it all out, been holding some of that in for weeks, but didnt want to disparage a man for doing what he feels is his duty, and for that I commend him, but at the end of the day, he still has not provided anything earth shattering or anything that wasnt already suspected or pretty much known.

Remember,
YouDidntSeeMe

ps....comparing Mr. Assange to Jesus Christ in the title? Really?

and flag and star for the OP here, very good info, but no star for the panhandler.....begging for stars haha
edit on 12-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: post script

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I'm not a assange fan because his actions may very well be a step in getting the internet shutdown or restricted. I'm not saying he was working undercover to cause this but either way this could be the outcome

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: posted twice

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

I'm not saying I'm not a fan of his, because really he doesnt derserve my fan-dom or not.
He believes he is doing something good for the world, and for that I give him credit.
I just think that the substance of what he is doing leaves alot to be desired, and quite frankly, I'm not convinced that he is doing it for the sake of others, or just for himself.

I believe that the only thing that will come out of all of this is some sort of conviction for the alleged rape charges, bascially a strawman conviction because the govt line is that he should be prosecuted, but he will never see jailtime for espionage or for his wikileak activity. He will author a book or two about his 'ordeal' make a few million, and continue operating wikileaks for the rest of his life.

The real catch 22 here is that the govts who dislike what he is doing, will only begin to operate more secretly knowing that their diary entries might be made available to the world. So eventually he will run out of leak-able material, and live off his millions in book deals in some posh countryside in Europe.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

And to speak of egos, Mr. Assange surely has enough of one to go around. He is so sure to put his face out there every few days or so, garnering credit for the gossip that he is spreading around so willingly.

The very words from Mr. Assange contradict your imagination. It is out of responsibility and not ego that he has come forward and must be in the spotlight.

Assange also addressed the attention he has been getting while the rest of his organization has remained largely anonymous.

"In the end, someone must be responsible to the public and only a leadership that is willing to be publicly courageous can genuinely suggest that sources take risks for the greater good," he said.

"In that process, I have become the lightning rod. I get undue attacks on every aspect of my life, but then I also get undue credit as some kind of balancing force."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It find it more likely that Julian Assange is feeling less and less in control. HE want's to be in control of the releases but in recent light of the possible extradition to Sweden and the US, he seems a little more shaken. It seems his "Insurance Policy" which he has talked about has no weight to it... he can no longer hold any government to ransom.

It's funny really, he has only brought this on himself. He was smug enough by releasing this information "to the benefit of the rest of the World", but now it doesn't benefit HIM... it's a different story,

S+F for the find!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If this is not a guise to end or restrict the net and he real'y has done this and was not permitted how can you see him being allowed to get away with it!!! Even if no charges are brought will be messed with in some way mentally physically or financially
edit on 12-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
His leaks so far have been utter nonsense, like I've stated before, they have amounted to nothing more than whispers and gossip. I have yet to read anything mindblowing in anything that has been released, and nothing surprising to say the least.

I will taken into consideration that you are not well read by the remark of the leaks being nonsense. Perhaps they are nonsense to you. If you had looked over any of the documents you would see that some are on official letterhead. That is not a whisper nor gossip.

Perhaps stealing someone's DNA for nefarious purposes seems like no big deal to you. Maybe some day you will actually get to find out why they are doing this and what the intentions are. Your DNA should be your personal property, but some people have no sense of that and do not comprehend the value of their personal biometric information.

The chemical clothianidin which is killing the honeybees has been suspected for the past six years or so. WikiLeaks produced the documentation which proves it. Before the documentation it was gossip. Now it's fact. Maybe that is no big deal to you because you do not see the implications or the value of the smaller creatures on this planet.

The release last spring of civilians and children being murdered for sport was no big deal to you? Have you no conscience? Maybe you would have done the same and that's why you see nothing important in that release. It's all in a days work. And at the end of the day of using people for target practice, seeing them as nothing more than characters in a video game, you return to the barracks and get a package in the mail with cookies from mom and letters from schoolchildren cheering you on as their class assignment in the public school systems.

You would do well to pay attention to what is being told because this is a recap of sorts. You are being given a countdown of information as to why the world is the way it is and how we got here. It's a "last call" sort of thing going on. Because when this system ends...no one will be able to say "I didn't know." And if you end up where I suspect you will, you will have a lot of time to reflect on this. The only ones that will be left here will be the wicked. The wicked are not merely "the elite, TPTB, corrupt corporations, crooked politicians, lying religious leaders". No, there will be many wicked both great and small. There will still be masters and they will need a big clean up crew for the mess they are making of this planet. Those will be the jobs of the future. So many people are unemployed right now...they are just giving you a break to rest up for what is soon to come. No need for an education...maybe just watch some re-runs of Dirty Jobs and you can figure out where all this is leading.

Nothing mind-blowing yet? Ha. You'll get that one on the last day.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Julian Assange should only trust himself and the few closest friends at his side. I would like to trust the British Judicial System and I am reasonably confident they will protect Julian knowing the circumstances surrounding the two Swedish girls' lame statements and considering one of them has bolted to "Palestine".

The British Judicial System in probably the best in the world; so give the system a chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
The very words from Mr. Assange contradict your imagination. It is out of responsibility and not ego that he has come forward and must be in the spotlight.

That is exactly what I would expect him to say, however if he wanted to stay out of the spotlight, he very well could have, and still accomplished what he deemed his responsibility. That being said, if I come across certain 'sensitive' documents and submit them for publication to any media outlet, I could do so anonymously, I wouldnt have to appear on Larry King to bring credence to their substance. Anyting newsworthy is worthy on its own volition, not because some face is attatched to it. The forums here at ATS are a prime example of that. We are all anonymous, but the content we bring has worth within its substance.

If you read some of what I also posted, I do commend him for doing what he deemed necessary, and I truly believe that he feels he is doing something worthwhile. I also do believe his ego is quite large.

Again thank you very much for bringing this info to the forum. It has quality of its own volition as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh, the irony. Somebody inside Wikileaks LEAKED some Wikileaks that was being held back by Wikileaks.

And that is the folly of Julian Assange: He tried to USE the leaked cables as leverage. Bad idea.

You'd think he of all people should have known that the truth will be set free no matter WHO controls it.
edit on 12-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Oh, the irony. Somebody inside Wikileaks LEAKED some Wikileaks that was being held back by Wikileaks.

And that is the folly of Julian Assange: He tried to USE the leaked cables as leverage. Bad idea.

You'd think he of all people should have known that the truth will be set free no matter WHO controls it.
edit on 12-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

This is just another example of what I was talking about. He claims he has a responsibility, but he uses what is still in his hand as leverage, and when a news editor decides to do the same thing, he is vilified. The editor is doing the same thing as Mr. Assange.

If this is truly his responsibilty, the do your duty. Publish the information. is he doing the world a dis-service by withholding the info, if it truly is his respsonsibilty to the truth? I suppose Mr. Assange will be the one to decide when the world should know the truth. After all, it is his responsibilty.

top topics

join