It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of Scry - Try this ancient practice - Be Warned: Self Development may occur.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

there's an old japanese saying , "you cannot see your own eyebrows"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
candyman candyman candyman

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I thought I'd jump in here. Great thread, OP! S & F !

If I remember, the OP opened this tread with a forwarning that "this ancient practice" could be....(what, dangerous, eye-opening...) for those who weren't ready to do this sort of thing. So, that said, this isn't for everyone.

There are many gateways and portals where one can slip through the grids of the dimensions. Unless you are equipped/prepared to handle this sort of thing, it can be a frightening experience and I wouldn't recommend scrying as a sort of exercise for beginners.

But this is another mirror exercise which can warm you up to the process. This one can actually solve the self-absorbtion vs. self-growth argument, as you won't be staring directly into your own eyes. (Sorry, I was trying to be funny. Is anybody laughing with me here?
)

I don't know what this practice is called, it's just a meditation practice that I've been familiar with for a long time:

Similarly to the Scrying methodogy: you place a candle in front of mirror, but you also place a mirror behind you. You'll have to play with the placing of it a little to make sure you get it aligned so you can see the back of your head in the mirror in front of you. You can gaze at yourself if you want to for a bit, if/when you start to get uncomfortable with this kind of personal intimacy, then gaze away from your first self and follow the projectory of the mirror behind you until you see yourself into infinity in the reflected mirrors behind you. The idea is to concentrate on getting smaller and smaller and smaller until you are atom sized. Hold your concentration on becoming ever smaller and keep it there as long as you can. Maybe only seconds at first. You can reverse at any time and return to the single frame. The exercise herein is to offer the discipline required to focus your way to the atom size and beyond --and back. Once you have succeeded in this discipline you should feel more confident in moving to the next step. By then you'll be way beyond asking yourself if you are being a creature of self-absorption!

Annabanana

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Finally some alone quiet time at night. I set up a meditation clock online choosing Heart Chakras from www.poodwaddle.com... (Interesting info world clock population count all kinds of things here). Using the techniques described however I was standing up instead.

I quite easily found the vision changes. I began to see images that very well were my ancestors, folks that also represent familiarities to other family members as well. I became part of the higher collective so to speak. At this stage of my being, whatever experiences and universal exposures I may have had up to this point led me to do this. I embraced that not everything about me in the reflection was roses and butterflies. But I began to see past that and truly for a first glance that I have inherent beauty. That being said I am able to stretch beyond what ever self esteem issue that dog me and begin to accept my place in the universe. More often than not and most likely to those who know me, being in the service of others. Martha from the bible comes to mind, how Jesus admonishes her to not gripe about doing the dishes, just because her sister Mary studies beside him. For she too will have her place to experience the greater joy, when its her place and time to.

I began finishing my dumplings to go with my chicken, and the chicken was perfect, removed from the bone exceptionally well. Did my dishes after prep. And took some time just enjoying the quiet before the hubs get home, and am glowing and my heart is light.

In conclusion I have had a wonderful first glimpse. Thank you for sharing this meditative. And thank you all who care to listen to my 2sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I read this topic with much interest; thank you for posting methods like these here.
I wish to try it too; I have some experience with meditation, and even if I never had some mind-blowing, paranormal experiences, meditating helped and changed me for the better, I believe.
Still, for some unknown reason, dark mirrors always freaked me out. If I happen to go to the bathroom at night without turning the light on, I won't look in the mirror for nothing in the world. Reading this thread I realized that I actually have a fear of dark mirrors, without even being aware of it. Strange, indeed, since I don't recall to ever have any frightful memories related to mirrors.

I think I'll try it anyway; if I'm brave enough, I'll let you know how it goes.
And those who tried, please post your experiences; I would love to know more about this.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

edit on 9-2-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm a meditator,I've practiced meditation for 7 months now,in 3 weeks I've opened up 3rd eye,had a few lucid dreams,I heard if you meditate and go scry in on ordinary mirror,that you would see rainbow light,so I went ahead and did it,and yes it worked,after about 10 minutes I saw purple energy on my body fluctuating.and directly outside my body was gold light,the energy would fluctuate as if the mirror was being scanned by my third eye,I'm not sure if the energy I'm seeing is actually energy from my body or if my third eye is showing me with eyes open what it normally shows me with eyes closed,i can normally see purple and yellow energy during meditation with eyes closed,just checking maybe someone has figured this out and could tell me if this energy from 3rd eye or actually from my body,thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I heard many times of this and similar meditation, as far as i know nostradamus used it as well.

I was always intreaged to try myself, but in younger years i experimented with some chemicals and natural stuff and had twice a terrifiying encounter with a mirror. So i made it my golden rule not to watch a mirror when under the influence EVER. take it as an advise.

I did leave the substances and went into yoga, meditation and experimentated with opening the third eye.
Now this thread, and i said, why not.

so i tried it with the instructions given here.
Experiences:

- i felt my eyes being calm, motionless but i could see them moving quite a lot, from left to right from right to left, sometimes even independently (left eye moving but not the right one)
- without concentrating on the third eye i could consantly see a dark spot where the third eye is
- the light seem to go brighter on inhaling, dimmer on exhale, which was cool it seemed like i was brmeathing light (hindsight i have to say it was probably my breath blowing on the candle...
- to be honest i could not go into a real meditation state, too many thoughts running around.
- when i finished i felt really light and sort of purified
- and i was glad i did, just for the fact to overcome my fear of old memories.

I ll definetly try it again, and will share my experience.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As to your methods, you may well be very surprised to learn that Michel Nostradamus indeed used the mirror extensively for the enjoyment of the, Queen of France, where he could show the Queen the future via the mirror, and he also used the bowl of water, but this is the ancient Cabal shamanistic wisdom, and practices, that Nostradamus new and understood

In this respect, not many of us, do understand

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

“When we peel back the mask of evil in our society and in the world, we will find our own face staring back at us.”

Hi, I promise I will try this exercise some time soon. I wanted to give an opinion since a lot of Xians are saying that this is a negative, demonic, whatever. I'm addressing it to them and people who are very scared, suggestive types.

Why do we spin out so many thoughts all the time? We sit and try to quiet the mind but it just rumbles on and on, churning out masses of thought, small and large and pink and yellow and bland and slimy. Why? It’s because of this undercurrent of fear. It’s as though we have to keep things moving. We have to keep ourselves distracted at some fundamental level. We have to keep our momentum going, because it’s pretty scary to think of it stopping. Once we have separation and duality, we have to maintain the momentum. The problem with ego and duality is that at some level we know it’s a sham, but we have to keep at it. So part of the undercurrent of fear is the fear of being found out, of being exposed as a big fat phony who is creating a solid illusion out of thin air.

Fear has two extremes. At one extreme, we freeze. We are petrified, literally, like a rock. At the other extreme, we panic. We run around like maniacs and our mind goes into hyperdrive. Freeze or panic. Freeze or panic. How do we find the path through those extremes?

Maintain an open mind, maintain control of the mind (like riding a tiger as Buddha said), concentrate on breathing, and don't lose focus that you are in the present.

Don't be mystified by your mind's wonderful capacity for KNOWING, not just reading books and hearing what people tell you about things, places, and your own spirit, but DOING and KNOWING. You'll be so much more wiser, so much less afraid people.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I must admit I had no idea of the name to this practice. I red once when I was a kid about a nomadic people that were discovered to have lived in between Asia and Europe many hundreds of years ago, ( thousands?)I forget. It was reported that each individual had a small mirror with him for apparently a religious observation, or perhaps signaling, though its main function was spiritual, as determined by its religious symbology etched on it. I always wondered what the ritual would entail.

I have since a small child after reading this, done my own version with mirrors from time to time. I don't use darkness, candles, whatever.

I am a firm believer in looking at one's self in the mirror. The honesty we can achieve is significant. I have worked out allot of issues just by speaking to myself in the mirror. I am not crazy. It does help to be objective about yourself. When you are seeing yourself it is harder to lie to yourself. You are right there and your own eyes speak the truth.

I like to say "I commit", or "I promise".....instead of I love you.

I commit to my war. I promise to stay true.

Sometimes I simply say "I remember".

I remember my promise and commitment.

These daily reaffirmations are excellent. I have always liked the idea of being witness to your truth. To be your judge so you are judged by your truth, your standards. "are you a good person by YOUR standards? Do you respect YOUR truth?"

These reaffirmations are often about our daily life and our choices. They entail a deep spirituality that can grow exponentially depending on the amount of effort put into them.

They provoke the stirring of energies we have that are latent in our common thought. It takes more than subconscious will for them to manifest. It takes a commitment, a drive, a power house to wake them up.

The use can be as diverse as the imagination that employs this art.

I think we have this information transcribed into our consciousness. We are linked to prior versions of ourselves while in the tunnel. I think we can also use this technique to listen in on reality beyond time.

Good stuff.
Nice.

edit on 2-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I did this and saw the shape of a cross in both my eyes.
I looked away and back several times, Still saw these shapes.
I am not very religious so was a bit baffled by this. Can anyone offer any insight on this?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
very interesting thread, star and flag this one.
I will say I never heard of the Art of Scry
I will definitely be doing this in the next few days.

Thank you OP for the input to do this.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I meditate often, and do a fair bit of crystal work, and astral projection. I have read about this before but never tried it, after stumbling across this thread I decided to give it a run tonight.

I grounded myself, set up my mirror and candle, grabbed a freshly charged crystal sat down and got into it.

I had a few things happen firstly my face kept dissapearing and though I could only just see my outline the rest of my body was just a black shadow.

I have no idea what that means

I also almost managed to have and OBE got about halfway out but lost concentration and fell back.

Very interesting stuff Going to experiement with this for the next couple of weeks

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I posted my scrying experience here:

lunaticoutpost.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Im very interested in where you heard this also, please let me know when you remember

The reason why is i did that stupidly when i was younger and yes something did attached itself to me. Its gone now though, i think, after i had a blessing done on me by a priest.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

WhiteDevil013

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
This is strange.... I remember hearing an old gypsy story about how this is a trick to get a person to awaken demons and welcome them into the soul.

Candle light : mirror : Looking into your own eyes .... is very dangerous and is often used to destroy ones enemies.

It was so long ago, I cannot remember where I heard this. Has anyone else heard of this?

This is crazy...this thread brought back memories....

When I was but a wee lad, my aunt would come and stay with us when she was in town for a surf competition. (she was a pro, later went on to be a stunt person in tv and movies)
She was very "new agey" and would always scare the crap out of me with her ghost stories, tales of alien abductions, she'd make me play the Ouija board etc....

One night when she was babysitting me, she brought out a mirror and issued some instructions similar to the ones you posted. It has been over 20 years since that day, and I never knew it was called scrying. Anyways, it was hard for me to sit still for that long being only five or six at the time. She promised me ice cream if I could make it to the 20 minute mark. (in hindsight, I think she was trying to find a way to occupy me so she could go spark up a joint or something)

I sat there and stared in and out of my own eyes, for what seemed like hours. Suddenly, my reflection started to change. It looked like the silhouette of a proud native american with a head dress thing on. I was in awe, thinking I was about to see the face of one of my ancestors. (im not native american by the way) The face slowly came into view. It was not a native american. It was what I can only describe as some sort of demon looking thing. It had red eyes, and a snout like wolf. It was grinning at me, like it was happy with the reaction on my face which was pure terror.

Then a gust of wind (?) blew the candle out, and I was in the pitch dark. I screamed and cried, and my aunt came running in. I was so scared, I made her take the mirror outside. I couldnt sleep that night, and when my parents wondered what was wrong with me, I told them.

She was never allowed to babysit me ever again.

Strangely enough, shortly after that incident, I began to "see" and become aware of things that werent supposed to be there. A curse that persist to this day. I never thought about it until now, but Im starting to suspect that was the event that night somehow kicked off the weird 20 year chain of events that eventually led me to this website in search of answers.

Im not crazy, and It wasnt my imagination.

Take it for what it is. I dont know what to think, to tell you the truth.

Interestingly enough, when my grandmother passed, while going through her things came across her journal. I flipped though it, and found many entries where she spoke of shadow people bothering her, and described in perfect detail the thing I saw in the mirror as something she would often see "in dreams"

edit on 13-1-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

Atm I'm kinda speechless, at first I had to double check this wasn't my post as the things you have experienced are the same with me, i'd love to discuss more with you.

I did it when I was younger. i first learnt it from a book and then asked my nan about it, she was also into all this stuff like your aunt.
I waited till midnight and then sat in front of my wardrobe mirror in the dark, only with a candle.
Its hard for me to explain this but you're suppose to stare into the mirror but not stare at it, and not at your reflection, sort of in between. I tried not to blink so much either and just relax.
Soon my face started to change then in the mirror an old man appeared he was really ugly and had messy hair everywhere and was grinning at me. I felt that he thought it was funny that i was scared.
Ever since then I believe I've been haunted by him, i got nightmares all the time and experienced a lot of paranormal activity. I even saw his huge face once after i woke up from a nightmare, which i will never forget.

Recently I got fed up it also because I have a child now and contacted a priest, whos a friend of mine, to do a cleansing/blessing on me which has worked so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join