It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of Scry - Try this ancient practice - Be Warned: Self Development may occur.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Would you mind posting a pic of the ideal mirror/candle/table set up? I am interested in this, but got a tad unsure about the layout of things. Thanking you in advance.

Heres a basic.

All you need is a table against a wall, lean a mirror up, drop a candle infront of the mirror, and youre set.

No problem! Let me know how it goes.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Oh I disagree about mirrors, they are nothing without us. There should be no (I) in mirror, see if you remove the (I) which represents you as a person and turn the (m) 45% you get Error....coincidence I don't think so. I mean what do they really contribute constantly mimicking us, even when we have had all we can take turn our backs and wall away they are still there mimicking us form behind. And they are evil...you make one mistake and smash it, and that's it no mercy just boom 7 years bad luck, you can get less time for manslaughter.

AND don't get me started on how they are only 2D, what's up with that catch up with the times jeez. I truly believe Errors (mirrors) are not needed they promote the ego and let girls know how hot they are thus attainable to us average reflectors. But there is nothing we can do even if this urgent message reaches the masses what man would be brave enough to destroy all the Errors in the would, nobody that's who so forget I even said anything and I don't even remember what this thread is about...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

No way. I was crapping myself just reading your instruction’s

People have a lot of fears and my personal fear is reflections. You have no idea how brave I think you are. I would rather sit out in that creepy haunted doll island than do what you are suggesting. On the other hand I can’t wait to read everyone posts on how it goes. ooh can some film themselves while doing this, I can watch horrors, I just can’t be in them.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

I agree with you, you can sit back here with me...its safe over hear

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

mirror and place it on a desk against the wall, place a short candle touching the mirror, right up against it. Make certain the candle is short, a tea light suits this practice perfectly. Set a lighter beside the candle.

Scry

You are describing a psychomantium, and you even acknowledge this when you mention scrying.

This is not quite the same as self gazing for personal development.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thank you I am going to try this tonight, I wanna see who I am in the know. by the way, I already love me, and many people think this is vein, but if I dont love me how can I love anyone else?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

No way. I was crapping myself just reading your instruction’s

People have a lot of fears and my personal fear is reflections. You have no idea how brave I think you are. I would rather sit out in that creepy haunted doll island than do what you are suggesting. On the other hand I can’t wait to read everyone posts on how it goes. ooh can some film themselves while doing this, I can watch horrors, I just can’t be in them.

I wouldnt recommend filming this...but to each their own. The idea is not to look for scary things in the mirror...Otherwise I guess that shows a lot about your current focus, a lot of us are addicted to fear.

This is a personal experience for self development and an exercise to move beyond fear into a sense of greater understanding. Some are fearful of the dark for their entire lives and even those who have no trouble will be startled from time to time, myself included.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Ok this scrying one doesn’t sound so scary, no mirrors..Awesome. I’ll try this one, then when I get brave enough ill try Gradius Maximus mirror and dark one.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

mirror and place it on a desk against the wall, place a short candle touching the mirror, right up against it. Make certain the candle is short, a tea light suits this practice perfectly. Set a lighter beside the candle.

Scry

You are describing a psychomantium, and you even acknowledge this when you mention scrying.

This is not quite the same as self gazing for personal development.

Different fruits of the same tree - in my opinion.

It all depends on what the person allows themselves to do. Its all done in front of a mirror to access the spirit world or subconscious with specific intentions. Thanks for posting some info.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I was just going U2U, but I’ll ask here in case others want to know as well.
Is it ok to have crystals and incenses to clam you down while you’re attempting this?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

good psychological tool, and good feeling from your post. And later, people dont worry about 'demons' or that nonsense, it is just you and your 'compartments' of your mind that pop out - remember good authors create monsters but we do not call them evil!?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Is it ok to have crystals and incenses to clam you down while you’re attempting this?

You could - Whatever you think you need to create sacred space - Make it so.

Its important to feel safe while doing this and if you dont feel safe in your own home just because the lights are off and a mirror is there, then there is certainly something that should be dealt with.

Chances are its not paranormal in nature, but merely your brain that has been programmed by too many scary movies. Similar situation...You think you 'are' in that movie. "Oh no...I'm going to see a ghost right...now!"

edit on 13-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Chances are its not paranormal in nature, but merely your brain that has been programmed by too many scary movies. Similar situation...You think you 'are' in that movie. "Oh no...I'm going to see a ghost right...now!"

That’s what bought me to ATS in the first place. But I’ve been working and living around that for a while now. And it can easily be ignored. And your right its not paranormal..wish it was

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

A paranormal incident is generally an obvious one even if it is a shadow moving against your wall or an outline of a being standing in the hall. But its when we fester from the inside with preconceived fears of a possibility that we generate the majority of our insanity.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I hope Gradius doesn't mind a quick interjection here...

As was already said: Do not do this from a place of fear. I've seen people's minds some very disturbing things and while not truly life threatening there is no need to put yourself off of something from a bad experience jut because you weren't ready.

If this is something you want to work up to I would suggest starting with "normal" meditation. I simple breathing thought exercise completed daily for about 10 to 20 minutes will do wonders and get you to the point where you can try this exercise without any fear. Most any simple meditation you can google will work just make sure it includes breathing and simple visualizations (usually counting or imagining images and pictures that relax you). I can take the time later tonight to outline a simple meditation if anyone is interested.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I think that misses the entire point of an exercise such as this.There isn't anything mystical going on here in my opinion

In my opinion everything in life is mystical...

kx

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Jinglelord

I think that misses the entire point of an exercise such as this.There isn't anything mystical going on here in my opinion

In my opinion everything in life is mystical...

kx

The absolute truth that everyone has forgotten - Every breath we take is a tremendous gift.

When did we forget that the universe exists on borrowed time?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The reality of life in any given circumstance depends wholly upon the perception of the individual. I would suppose that understanding is superficial at best in that light and to attempt a deep understanding of even the simplest experience life does indeed become wholly a mystical experience.

And Gradius; Every breath may be a gift, and the universe may exist on borrowed time; but I like to think that every breath is a privilege I have earned and that time is only relevant in as much as a way to order the collective experiences of a living Universe which are not finite. .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by purplemer

The reality of life in any given circumstance depends wholly upon the perception of the individual. I would suppose that understanding is superficial at best in that light and to attempt a deep understanding of even the simplest experience life does indeed become wholly a mystical experience.

And Gradius; Every breath may be a gift, and the universe may exist on borrowed time; but I like to think that every breath is a privilege I have earned and that time is only relevant in as much as a way to order the collective experiences of a living Universe which are not finite. .

Well really i dont have any answers to the world.. just how it feels for me.. but i feel every breath is a privallage too.....

so happy days to thee and a star

kx

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join