It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto radio host persuades U.S. church to cancel U.S. funeral protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, at least I know where you're coming from now. I won't engage in that type of discussion.

Ok and I agree, apologies for the off hand remark.

So let's play what if then. Suppose this event proceeds, what exactly is the objective. If its to poke fun at the WBC and its members doesn't that occur on a daily basis. Any rational person would easily dismiss the WBC strategies as stupid and time wasting propaganda. What is the goal here exactly then? Its not like the actions of Canadians will have any effect on this whatsoever. Indulge me.

brill

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Check out the link to the entire article in the opening post. It's most illuminating.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by brill

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Check out the link to the entire article in the opening post. It's most illuminating.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I've read it already. I would disagree its illuminating based on some of my previous comments. I still think it's a very misguided approach and serves the wrong purpose, my opinion naturally.

brill

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My point is that if they come here and try to pull the same crap as usual, they are going to find a VERY different response. They WILL get hammered and they won't be protected by the 1st Amendment as we don't have that here. The authorities would likely look the other way. As I said before, I'd pay to see that.

Edit to add: maybe we can do what you guys want to but aren't able to do because we aren't constrained by the US Constitution.
edit on 13-1-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
My point is that if they come here and try to pull the same crap as usual, they are going to find a VERY different response. They WILL get hammered and they won't be protected by the 1st Amendment as we don't have that here. The authorities would likely look the other way. As I said before, I'd pay to see that.

Edit to add: maybe we can do what you guys want to but aren't able to do because we aren't constrained by the US Constitution.
edit on 13-1-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

Hammered how, what does that imply exactly ? Either country accommodates their views I just fail to understand how Canada will make the situation any better. If its to ridicule them what does this accomplish, other than giving them air time and even more media glitz which is precisely what they want.

brill

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join