It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto radio host persuades U.S. church to cancel U.S. funeral protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Toronto radio host persuades U.S. church to cancel U.S. funeral protest

www.win nipegfreepress.com

TORONTO - Members of a radical Kansas church have cancelled plans to picket the funeral of a nine-year-old girl killed in a shooting rampage in Arizona, after being promised a live interview on a Toronto radio station.

Dean Blundell, a controversial morning show host on rock radio station 102.1 The Edge, said he brokered the deal with Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church in an effort to prevent further suffering for the victim's family.

Phelps-Roper has also credited Blundell and another Arizona radio station for persuading her and fellow church members to stay away from
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well good on this DJ. Many kudos to him.

These people are idiots, and as another ATS'er said . . . real life trolls. It is clear to see by this, that all they want is the spotlight. They do not care where they get it. I call it being an attention whore.

That being said . . .

I hope the funeral for the girl goes without a hitch.

www.win nipegfreepress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow, out of the 50 states, the "radical church" just has to be from Kansas, right? That's just another thing that people are going to use to compile their stereotypical view of a Kansan. "All you Kansan's are the same, you just live on farms, don't go to school, and protest little girls funerals"

Whatever

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I guess they don't know Dean. He's going to BBQ them. Just search him on Youtube.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just think, the Catholic Church started when people like this gained an immense amount of power, just to go on to start murdering millions of people one way or another.

PS Fred Phelps is NUTS!!

edit on 12-1-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Kudos indeed to that DJ!

Hope he makes a real fool out of Phelps on radio, too... I'm sure Phelps can do that for himself, in fairness.

(EDIT: So, I read it... and I think he's got the right idea. So long as people know to laugh at the silly cow rather than take a word out of her mouth seriously, she can do no harm!)
edit on 12/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

www.youtube.com...

Now I see what you mean.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Man, that is mild for Dean. I can't wait to hear this. Maybe he'll piss them off enough to get them up here for a protest. No 1st Amendment here. Hell, they'll be pummeled by people. "Welcome to Canada asshats." Damn, I'd pay to see that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Road To Hell

Originally posted by intrepid
I guess they don't know Dean. He's going to BBQ them. Just search him on Youtube.

Indeed. If he does what I think he's going to do, they'll probably wish they had gone to the funerals instead.

They could expect a warmer welcome there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Can you link to any better clips?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They got exactly what they wanted. More notoriety for their money-making schemes. Pisses me off to NO end.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Can you link to any better clips?

I'll u2u one. It's not T&C compliant.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
They got exactly what they wanted. More notoriety for their money-making schemes. Pisses me off to NO end.

Precisely. People just need to ignore them and all is forgotten. Giving them any media attention is just perpetuating their warped message and its working. Leave it some low rate toronto radio show to up the ante.

I honestly don't think this dj had any impact here. I would think the new Arizona law has everything to do with it.

brill

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Leave it some low rate toronto radio show to up the ante.

See my posts above. Secondly Dean's show is one of the most popular in Canada.

Edit: back handed remark removed.
edit on 12-1-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

LOL

At first I thought it was going to be one of the guys from NEWS TALK 1010...

Dean Blundell... From the edge...?

Seriously...?

I feel sorry from people who are not from Toronto...

Because if they only knew how rediculos dean blundell and the morning crew are on the edge...

This is going to be entertaining...

I switched over from the edge to talk radio once I joined journalism college.

But looks like I will be going back to FM at least for one morning...

Though I think if she knew how much of a sinner Dean is I wonder if she would reconsider.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Man, that is mild for Dean. I can't wait to hear this. Maybe he'll piss them off enough to get them up here for a protest. No 1st Amendment here. Hell, they'll be pummeled by people. "Welcome to Canada asshats." Damn, I'd pay to see that.

I'd pay a lot to see that too. It would serve the bums right.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

to be honest, i hope the canadian radio host reneges on his deal.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I honestly don't think this dj had any impact here. I would think the new Arizona law has everything to do with it.

I'd agree that the law probably did have a lot to do with it as well. What the DJ offered was more what they really wanted.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Leave it some low rate toronto radio show to up the ante.

Do you often speak without knowing what you're talking about?

Edit: back handed remark removed.

Anyways....by these people further engaging the church they are simply feeding the animal and that in my opinion is the wrong thing to do, regardless of whether they believe they can make light of it or not.

brill
edit on 12-1-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I learn from the best. I'm familiar with that show, its awful. Its a wannabe Howard Stern show with sub par music, shoddy humor and caters to people with room temperature IQ. Its no wonder its well received in Canada.

OK, at least I know where you're coming from now. I won't engage in that type of discussion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join