It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties of War [WRAP]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Casualties of War - UberL33t - 11-08-2006

At first sight, you were a mere lustful goal in the adolescent confines of this young man's soul.

Then a few seconds passed and I suddenly see, that it wasn’t lust at all, instead you were my future bride to be.

The opportunities seemed endless and our youthfulness was abounded. Thus, we began life’s adventure never once expecting to be grounded.

Then reality fired the first shot and we began the fight. No longer a bright adventure our future was turning black as night.

We had a passion to be strong, we will surely strive, but fate fired a counterstrike and it was all we could do to survive.

We have waged many battles, and with scarring wounds we sometimes fell, this war we call marriage often feels like hell.

The years have gone by like a blip on the screen. We have experienced so much since we put on these rings.

We created life and were tasked with a mission. Hand in hand we chose the front line infantry position.

The Children we raised will soon fly their own sky. They grow so fast; in a mere blink of an eye.

Though this war has been long and rarely without pain. We are truly lucky to have one another to lessen the strain.

No matter how dark the night, or how hard the plight, we always seem to hold onto that little bit of light.

My love, I promise you this, when the darkness is closing in and all seems lost, just remember I’m by your side no matter the cost.

You are the glimmer of light that I see shine, and though casualties in this war, with purple hearts we will stand the test of time.
edit on 12/1/11 by masqua because: Edit by request

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Hi uber.. your post reminded of this, I enjoyed it thank you

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Hey you, ltns

Thank you kindly, I have to now go read everyone's submissions. Great contest, "broad topics" always bring out such wonderful imagination. Look forward to reading yours

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I enjoyed this story i felt it came from the heart..thank you
now im off to read the other storys.. there is so many..S&F for you

new topics

top topics

join