It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescued penguin goes shopping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This made me smile. A rescued King Penguin named Lala dons a backpack and shops for sardines and mackeral at the local market before returning to his air conditioned room at home in a small Japanese city. The video didn't provide a lot of details, but it speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

that's awesome, i'm gunna show this to my little sisters they will love it

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thank you for such a cheerful and fun post. Just what ATS needed about now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Im surpised they didn't eat him, them savages eat every other poor creature!
edit on 12/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Adorable, but the poor thing belongs in a colder climate. Just how happy can the poor little thing be?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I LOVE LAlA, so glad to know I share this planet with such a unique and adaptive little fellow being. I did feel very sorry for his little hot flippers walking in the hot sun. Anyway, thankyou for introducing us. I do love him that fast!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I know, I know...I also felt bad for him, living in a warm environment and walking with his little flippers along a hot (gulp) traffic route. But, like many of us, he's learned to make the best of a bad thing and focus on the positive which -- in his world -- is a big ol' scrumptious fish.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Adorable, but the poor thing belongs in a colder climate. Just how happy can the poor little thing be?
If he's a rescue, as is the case with some penguins I read about that washed ashore in Brazil, he likely can't really be easily returned to his natural habitat. I had read some Brazillians are taking care of rescued penguins in a similar manner and that they were doing well.

To the other poster who referred to the Japanese as savages, well I admit they have a poor record for stewardship of marine mammals and fish, but they don't eat every animal they come across. Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sad penguin... (But hope not!)

It must be frustrating not seeing and being with other penguins, maybe procreating and making a family..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Awesome story, thanks

How cute is this, penguin shops for his own food

S&F

top topics

join