It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Julian Assange Will Charge Sarah Palin & Mike Huckabee with "Incitements To Kill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

maybe it is time to see past the left / right politcal illusion....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness
Nice job in completely misunderstanding Wikileaks’ press release and point, and turn this into a partisan issue.

Don't forget "ignoring every post made in this thread so far"...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Assange is not an Ameican citizen, so he cant be charged with treason - and Assange and his lawyer know this. Assange was not captured by the military, nor designated an enemey combatant and therefore could never be sent to Gitmo - and Assange and his lawyer know this.

And before 9/11 no one — certainly no one in the western world — would say the United States systematically tortured people.

The fact that you point out what should happen based on the facts and existing law means, looking at recent events and practices by the US government, little if much at all, of how the US government will react and handle Assange, if and when he is indeed extradited.

The guy is a fraud. He has not released the bank info - He has not released the cables talking about UFO's - He again makes a claim he has info on Rupert Murdoch.....
...and like all the other BS he has calimed, instead of releasing this info, he sits on it.

This is a very dishonest argument. You criticize Assange and Wikileaks for having released information in an irresponsible fashion — and I would agree with you to an extent and in relation to the Iraq and Afghanistan documents — but now that Wikileaks has been working directly with media outlets, analyzing and redacting personal information from the documents before release, you criticize him from not releasing all the information immediately.

Has Wikileaks announced they would release something in the past and ended up not, eventually, releasing it? The answer is no.

The fact that they have announced to have information regarding a bank, or Rupert Murdoch, and haven’t released it immediately to your satisfaction, does not mean that they won’t. I fail to see how the delay in releasing the information proves your point, particularly in light of your criticism of them releasing information irresponsibly.

If Assange was truely intrested in holding the moral high ground, he would expose the douments that show criinal wrongdoing, and would do it in such a manner where people can be held accountible. Instead, the manner he is doing it calls into question the validity of that evidence, precluding it from ever being used in a court of law.

This is another dishonest argument, because it assumes the people in charge with prosecuting wrongdoing, having access to the facts and information, would actually be, you know, prosecuting the offenders. But the reality is that, even aware of wrongdoing, the current administration and government officials, for example, quashed a criminal investigation in another sovereign country, through diplomatic pressure.

And guess who revealed that information. Wikileaks. Not the government, not the officials in charge with prosecuting wrongdoing (DOJ), and not US or mainstream international media.

You claiming Wikileaks releasing information “calls into question the validity of [the] evidence,” and that it would “[preclude] it from ever being used in a court of law,” doesn’t make so. And, in fact, the claim is contradicted by instances where actual legal proceedings and investigations were started or have started because of Wikileaks’ revelations. WikiLeaks revealed how Trafigura, an African oil company, caused widespread illness through a toxic gas dump

Alleged victims came together to launch Britain’s largest ever class action against the oil firm, which was due to be heard at the High Court. Last month Trafigura agreed an out-of-court settlement that will offer about £950 compensation to each of 31,000 people without accepting liability.
The documents released by WikiLeaks have convinced the UN to call for investigations into human rights violations

Another top UN official is calling on the Obama administration to investigate the role of US forces in human rights abuses in Iraq. On Tuesday, Navi Pillay, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the latest documents released by WikiLeaks raise new questions about "serious breaches of international human rights law in Iraq."

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Further more if Assange truely beleieve he did nothing wrong, then there should be no mention at all of why he is afraid to be extradited back to the US. Instead the argument would be the US has no legal standing to charge or extradite him.

Even if the USA has no legal standing on the matter and cannot legally arrest him for anything, it would not be the first time someone "disappread" from the face of the earth, whether it be "a suicide" or "alien abduction"...that is if the PTB wanted him eliminated!

The australian government itself could probably have charged Mr. Assange with a variety of charges since he revealed australian confidential/secret cables, but other than hot rhetoric going back and forth I don't see other actions.

The guy is a fraud. He has not released the bank info - He has not released the cables talking about UFO's - He again makes a claim he has info on Rupert Murdoch.....

...and like all the other BS he has calimed, instead of releasing this info, he sits on it.

At what point are you going to wake up and realize you are being played by this guy?

The difference between my arguments and yours, are mine can be backed up by fact. Everyting I have posted is supported by actions from Assange,

Going by your logic its NOT OK to release confidential/secret cables BUT IT IS OK to release top secret documents about ufos and underground bases? How exactly does that make sense..ok I see your point about peoples' life being put in jeopardy but one can ALSO argue that the higher the classfied material released is, the more damaging it is for governments and the higher the price tag on his head will be.

Each coin has two sides my friend! Maybe he is a coward and wants to play it slow? Who knows? Why jump to conclusions???

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nice job in completely misunderstanding Wikileaks’ press release and point, and turn this into a partisan issue.

Did you even read what they clearly say for everyone to read?...

The editor-in-chief of Wikileaks called on US authorities to seek charges against high-profile Republicans Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee for “incitements to kill” by the use of “violent rhetoric” against the anti- secrecy outlet.

Did a cat eat his fingers/tongue to the fact that the left has not only been caling for violence against others with different views from them but they have used such rethoric and presented it as facts to police departments such as Janet Napolitano's "rightwing extremism"?... Why is Assange not seeking charges also after high profile people in the left?...

Not to mention the fact that this same man has put dozens of people in danger by releasing their names.

Assange is the last person on Earth who should be seeking such charges when he has done worse...

Wikileaks and Assange are speaking out against people who have made statements with violent rhetoric directed at Wikileaks and their staff. Their point was not to speak against the quality of discourse in general in the United States, or which side has spewed more hatred.

Don’t turn this into a partisan issue because it’s not.

Sorry but they are not, they are going after "high profile Republicans"... so this IS a partisan issue no matter how you try to twist it otherwise...
edit on 14-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Pardon me. Assange has not done worse! Transparency is needed in all things ASAP. He's a hero.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Pardon me. Assange has not done worse! Transparency is needed in all things ASAP. He's a hero.

A true hero does not scout around for 1m dollar book deals, in my opinion. A hero or heroine is defined by their outstanding achievements and qualities. I don't feel that Assange meets these qualifications. There are still many unanswered questions surrounding this mysterious man. I will know a hero/heroine when I see that person not influenced by money or people with money. Assange had one or many very wealthy investors for him to have an extravagant "bat cave" set up like he had. That setup was just too over the top to me. Please don't try to convince me that a person has to be wealthy to spread the truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
maybe it is time to see past the left / right politcal illusion....

Maybe it is time for people to realize that this is exactly what the global elite wants everyone to think...

People need to understand the difference between the unity of the spirit in it's pure form and us spirits in human bodies who are individuals, who think differently than others, who have different cultures and different values hence making us all different.

Yes there is a division which has existed for a long time. The elites have chosen their side and claim 'it is for the good of all." The side you choose is what matters.

BTW, i do not agree with calling anyone to die because of their beliefs, but Assange, and wikipedia have put people in danger for their own beliefs and for helping the U.S. and allies...
edit on 14-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631Assange had one or many very wealthy investors for him to have an extravagant "bat cave" set up like he had. That setup was just too over the top to me.

Erm... care to elaborate on the "bat cave"?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Did you even read what they clearly say for everyone to read?...

The editor-in-chief of Wikileaks called on US authorities to seek charges against high-profile Republicans Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee for “incitements to kill” by the use of “violent rhetoric” against the anti- secrecy outlet.
Sorry but they are not, they are going after "high profile Republicans"... so this IS a partisan issue no matter how you try to twist it otherwise...

My god man, you still haven’t realized that you are quoting and criticizing the words of an article on rawstory and that those are not the words of Wikileaks or Assange? “High profile Republicans” is a term used by rawstory, not Wikileaks. How is it Assange’s fault of what terms media outlets decide to use when reporting about a Wikileaks press release?

On Wikileaks’ press release not even once was political party or ideologies mentioned. Not once.

Perhaps you should actually read Wikileaks’ statement slowly and calmly before letting your misguided rage impair your comprehension skills further.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedStevensLives

Originally posted by Erica1631Assange had one or many very wealthy investors for him to have an extravagant "bat cave" set up like he had. That setup was just too over the top to me.

Erm... care to elaborate on the "bat cave"?

This link provides an article with pictures of Assange's secret hideaway. They describe it as "Bond Villain's Lair" which is probably a better choice than "bat cave".

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 14-1-2011 by Erica1631 because: error

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
People, please! When you post an opinion of yours, show yourselves the respect of looking into what you are claiming; this is getting embarrassing.

Pionen is a former civil defence center built in Stockholm, Sweden in the 1970's to protect essential government functions from nuclear strike. It was converted into a data center by the Swedish internet service provider, Bahnhof, which continues to use the facility today.

Source: Wikipedia

Edit: To clarify: Pionen is the "bat cave" in question. Banhhof's website

Really...
edit on 14-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

This link provides an article with pictures of Assange's secret hideaway. They describe it as "Bond Villain's Lair" which is probably a better choice than "bat cave".

bud...you have got the wrong end of the stick.... the building in question is an x nuclear shelter or something like that. It is owned by a private company and used for storgage..
Wikileaks is located there for reasons of safey to stop people damging there server and because of the free speech laws in place...

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

ha ha you have repleid better to the above post. soz i never saw your reply till after..

kx

edit on 14-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I made your ignore list on my third day? Dude, why???

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

If you read the other article as well it is clear Assange is just going after the political right in the U.S., and you, and some others still can't see the hypocresy of Assange...

Assange gave cables with the names of people who are within extremist groups and have been helping the U.S., and literaly he drew a target on theirs backs...

So again Assange is a hypocrite and it is obvious he just cares for himself.

If he had included leftist names I would have agreed with you, but he just mentions those who have said bad things about him...
edit on 14-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

hm... i dont knowmaybe a mistake i dont usually put peeps on my ignore list...
i have put you on my friends list to make up for it....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The australian government itself could probably have charged Mr. Assange with a variety of charges since he revealed australian confidential/secret cables, but other than hot rhetoric going back and forth I don't see other actions.

WikiLeaks has not broken Australian law

SYDNEY – Police in Australia have concluded that WikiLeaks and its Australian-born founder Julian Assange have not broken any laws in his home country by publishing classified U.S. documents, the government said Friday. (...)

The government said last month it had ordered Australian Federal Police to determine whether WikiLeaks had broke any Australian laws by publishing the U.S. cables. Reports of documents obtained by WikiLeaks have included classified reports from the U.S. Embassy in Canberra to the State Department.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Friday said the police had now reported back to the government.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

If you read the other article as well it is clear Assange is just going after the political right in the U.S., and you, and some others still can't see the hypocresy of Assange

what other article are you refering to...
Assange is naming notable policians. Living in the uk i have head of Sarah Palin. she isnot really renowed as the sharpest tool in the book... I would find it hard pushed to name many left politicians...truth be said...

Assange gave cables with the names of people who are within extremist groups and have been helping the U.S., and literaly he drew a target on theirs backs...

That is a lie..

Assange asked the american government to edit the cables.. they refused. Those with the elected responsibilty to portect the people...never.

Wikileaks then decided to edit the cables themselves, along with a handful of major papers.....

So again Assange is a hypocrite and it is obvious he just cares for himself.

Does your above theory have any backbone or is it going to sit there like a floating yogi all by itself?

If he had included leftist names I would have agreed with you, but he just mentions those who have said bad things about him

Is that logical,,,,,

and all the above does little to deal with the topic of this thread...

Is sarah pallin a criminal?

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
If you read the other article as well it is clear Assange is just going after the political right in the U.S., and you, and some others still can't see the hypocresy of Assange...

It’s only ‘clear’ insofar as, apparently, only Republican politicians or pundits advocated in favor of violence or assassination be used against Assange.

But, and completely opposite to your claim, despite this, the Wikileaks press release never once mentions these politicians and pundits political or ideological inclinations or affiliations, and only addresses these people by generic terms like “US prominent media personalities,” “prominent US politician,” or ‘commentator.’

If he had included leftist names I would have agreed with you

Care to share with us which ‘leftists’ have advocated in favor of violence or assassination being used against Assange?

but he just mentions those who have said bad things about him...

It’s quite obvious you still haven’t understood the point of the press release.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join