It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Julian Assange Will Charge Sarah Palin & Mike Huckabee with "Incitements To Kill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by purplemer

Did they actually say they wanted them killed? I need quotes.

Examples! We should have thought of that...

Try www.peopleokwithmurderingassange.com...

You can also try reading through, say, this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
*Snipped nonsense*

Why do you post so much nonsense?
You don't even know what your arguement is. You waffle with totally irrelevant dribble that has nothing to do with the subject of discussion. He is exposing your heroes as the lying scum they are. Too bad for you
We get it. You dislike Assange.
You really can't answer why though, so stop wasting your time and ours trying to scuttle the conversation with your usual tripe.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

To tell you the truth, his death in understandable. The death of opponents in politics is not, and borderline brown shirt.

I love Assange. But he did do something dangerous and his death would be for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedStevensLives
To be brutally honest, it is painfully clear that a shocking percentage of people here have not bothered looking into Julian as a person or Wikileaks as an organization at all before railing hysterically on both. Same goes for a lot of matters, actually; willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty seems to abound. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to be and it's nothing I haven't gotten used to over the years but I was really expecting something different from ATS members. I know that sounds real prickish but there it is.

Edit: I should make it clear that I'm not referring to this thread in particular; in fact, most y'all seem quite informed indeed.
edit on 13-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: (no reason given)

i think you are correct. people have formed opinions without looking into the facts. they think he is america bashing and really the dont have a clue what wikileaks is about..

I thought better of ats members

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

He was reacting to some of the vitriolic attacks and calls to violence against him. He was NOT calling out Sarah Palin who has never done any such thing as much as the liberals would love to believe it.

evidently......

Julian Assange should be targeted like the Taliban....SARAH PALIN

www.computerworlduk.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by Xcathdra

please provide us with ONE piece of proof that Assange has put this country in danger with his releases???

not rhetoric, not conjecture, or possibilitys, just one piece of solid proof...

perhaps, if you could look at the situation without preformed ideas that seem to have been spoon fed to you by the actual perpatrators of the alledged crimes, you might have the oppourtunity to at least gain true knowledge.
edit on 13-1-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

We have already been down this road in other threads, where an example was given. The Taliban have executed a town elder for assisting the allies, and that information came from wikileaks. Once that information was posted, the assange / wikileaks supporters immediately attacked the article and everything and anyone assocaited with it. Why? because it is from a blog, which to me is funny since a lot of other info posted by blogs is accepted when it supports assange.

Taliban Murders Afghan Elder, Thanks Wikileaks for Revealing "Spies"

Blogs aside the release of the information jeopradized sources, methods of operation, operational capabilities, military planning, strategies, troop strengths, equipment being used, etc etc etc.

The argument no one has been placed in danger by wikileaks is a joke.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
Uneducated, nonsensical excuses to support Assange and his agenda

Again proving my point that anything that paints Assange or wikileaks in a bad light is immiediately dismissed and the poster and the source of info is attacked.

Assange is using people for support and moeny to advocate his agenda. He makes claims he cannot support, while at the same time teasing potential infomation When he had his latest bail hearing, he took that moment, where media was present, to once again push wikileals and the "new release of callsified ifnormation". He and his lawyer lied directly to the media, as well as his supporters by stating that he faced incarceration in Gitmo, that he would be charged with Treason and faced "the chair" / execution.

Assange is not an Ameican citizen, so he cant be charged with treason - and Assange and his lawyer know this
Assange was not captured by the military, nor designated an enemey combatant and therefore could never be sent to Gitmo - and Assange and his lawyer know this.
Assange, if charged with possession and distribution of classified information, would never face the death penalty because the statute he violated does not allow for it - and Assange and his lawyer know this.

The reason they invoked those 3 is an effort to affect the legal proceedings about his extradition back to Sweden. There could never be a extradition of him back to the US if the death penalty is on the table, and he and his lawyer know this, and are taking full advantage of it by lying to the media and his supporters.

Further more if Assange truely beleieve he did nothing wrong, then there should be no mention at all of why he is afraid to be extradited back to the US. Instead the argument would be the US has no legal standing to charge or extradite him.

So after his most recent bail hearing, he continues the BS arguments he and his lawyers came up with. He refocuses the attention back onto himself and wikileaks by making the claims he does. And the final piece of BS was him talking about hos wikileaks is loosing 400k a week, which is a not so subtle way to ask for money.

The guy is a fraud. He has not released the bank info - He has not released the cables talking about UFO's - He again makes a claim he has info on Rupert Murdoch.....

...and like all the other BS he has calimed, instead of releasing this info, he sits on it.

At what point are you going to wake up and realize you are being played by this guy?

The difference between my arguments and yours, are mine can be backed up by fact. Everyting I have posted is supported by actions from Assange,

Go ahead and make an argument that Mr. Assanges actions are legal, that he placed no one in danger by wrecklessly dumping information onto the market, and that he is not playing his followers or manipulating the media in an effort to push his agenda and to financially benefeit from his dishonesty.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
Somebody needs to tell Assange the laws aren't the same here in America as in Europe. At least right now they're not....

Well the actual laws being sullied is a crime, and the current fascism is illegal. I hope you realize that bills and legislation is not the same thing as law, and many of them are actual crimes and against the constitutions.

I am so pleased he is being positive and taking legal action.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by SevenThunders

He was reacting to some of the vitriolic attacks and calls to violence against him. He was NOT calling out Sarah Palin who has never done any such thing as much as the liberals would love to believe it.

evidently......

Julian Assange should be targeted like the Taliban....SARAH PALIN

www.computerworlduk.com...

Are will still playing this stupid blame the Palin game?

This is yet another thread now I have copied and pasted this into. Using an argument about what one person says to justify the actions of another person is insane, plain and simple. The moment that is accepted and used in court, we are all fu#$ed, because at that point the 1st amendment is gone.

and we all thought it would be the Government who would revoke the 1st amendement, when instead with the way people are arguing this, its going to be the mental jkid detached from reality who went to a speech and heard nothing but voices in his head telling him the rice crispies elves are evil, and must be killed along with Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny and Chairman Mao.

Before people lay blame on the Right wing and crosshairs, we should look at the Left wing and crosshairs. This is nothing but the Liberal Elite taking an tragic incident to make political hay out of it. Lets looks at the Democratic strategy map and who they are targeting shall we?

Since when did the ignorant Liberal Elite think going on National TV to push an agenda to blame the Tea Party or Republicans for a senseless act of violence would be a good idea without first checking to see if they were guilty of exactly what they are accusing the right of doing?

...and Democrats wonder why they got their asses booted out of the House. Keep this BS up and in the next elections they stand a chance of loosing the Senate and the WhiteHouse.

The American people are tired of the blame game, and to exploit a tragedy like this to do it makes it even worse and does nothing but reinforce the belief that some peoples ethics would raise eyebrows in the Court of Calligula.

This incident was an act of violence by a disturbed kid with mental issues and nothing more. Any attempt to make it into something more is going to backfire and blow up in their face. Apparently the left did not learn anything in the last election cycle....

Also - This kid is a registered INDEPENDANT, not a Democrat nor a Republican.

Hate speech??? Look at how each map is labeled. The Republican map says taking a stand. The Democrat map says behind enemy lines. Lets not forget that Obama at one point called republicans the enemy. The Democrats need to drop the hypocrisy in an effort to take advantage of the situation.

Never let a good crisis go to waste -
Hilary Clinton
Rham Emmanuel
Again Rham Emmanuel

What did the DailyKos have to say about Rep Giffords?

Maybe you can show me where the Liberal Left is going after the dailykos and their comments in addition to the Republican info that is being cited. The comments were removed after the Rep was shot, and not because they had anything to do with it, but because it would be hard to blame the Republicans for inciting hate speech with Democrats doing the same thing.

What else did the Dailykos have?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4b0ecaa6b10.png[/atsimg]

Uhm.. yeah.. Its all the Republicans fault. I am guessing people come to that conlusion by using the one potato two potato method?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
We get it. You dislike Assange.
You really can't answer why though, so stop wasting your time and ours trying to scuttle the conversation with your usual tripe.

Lets clarify something.. He is not exposing anyone as a liar. He is attempting to embarass them though, which falls short of his stated goals. The manner in which he is dumping information doesnt not expose anyone. What it does is bury potential evidence of criminal wrongdoing under mounds of useless, classifed information and duplomatic cables.

If Assange was truely intrested in holding the moral high ground, he would expose the douments that show criinal wrongdoing, and would do it in such a manner where people can be held accountible. Instead, the manner he is doing it calls into question the validity of that evidence, precluding it from ever being used in a court of law.

I have stated many times now that my issue is not with Assange as a peron, but I do have issues with his actions and manner in which he performs those actions. If you actually read the posts and information attached insted of ignoring anything that paints Assange in a bad light you would know this.

Yet instead you make the same argument a few other blind supporters of Assange make. You want people to stop posting information that counters Assanges actions and paints him in a bad light.

Its telling that people demand the truth, yet are so willing to ignore the truth when its not something they want to hear.

Sadly enough, its not surprising...

Since you seem to be the moral expert on Assange, please share with the rest of us why you think his actions are legal and justified. Please share with us the information he has released that has supported any of his stated goals. Please share with us why you think Assange is not a hypocritical liar who is after the limelight and explooiting the media and his followers to push an agenda.

Please share with us why Assange would invoke Arizona, Palin and Huckabee, rendition, gitmo, treason and the death penalty when dealing with accusations of Rape from Sweden, and how they have anything to do with that court case?

Please explain to us why his supporters would attack websites who decided they want nothing to do with Assange, and how that justifies illegal activity against those companies as revenge. Is that not contradictory to Assanges stated goals? Also, how is that not hypocrisy?

Please explain why you and Assange think people should be held accountible and face charges, while at the same time making the argument he should not have to deal with his charges? Explain to us why we should take assanges accusation at face value, yet demanding peope ignore the 2 ladies who filed complaints / charges against Assange as nothing more than retaliation. Please share with us any supporting information those 2 females lied.

Explain to us how Assange can claim all of the files he has and is releasing are not of his own doing, or have been altered or fabricated by him. We have no way of coroborating any info he has released because its classified info, and the Government is not going to release info to support or counter it for obvious reasons.

and much to your irritation, I am not going away. I will continue to post factual information and support my views that he is using the media and his followers to push an agenda that benefiets only him. What has Assange done to back up the claims he has made about the bank info, Murdochs info, the UFO info? Nothing but continually teasing the public with that info in hopes to string everyone along until his next pay day from donations.

Applying for Political asylum in Switzerland is a joke, and is an effort to avoid any type of accountability for his actions.

Ironically the exact same thing he accuses others of doing.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

We have already been down this road in other threads, where an example was given. The Taliban have executed a town elder for assisting the allies, and that information came from wikileaks. Once that information was posted, the assange / wikileaks supporters immediately attacked the article and everything and anyone assocaited with it. Why? because it is from a blog, which to me is funny since a lot of other info posted by blogs is accepted when it supports assange.

that is sad news.. i thought the cables were being edited by the wikileaks and the media to remove names.. is this refering to the dimplomatic cables or the war leaks....
If this is true i hope lessons are learnt from it on all sides. The american government was offered the oppertunity to remove delicate infromation and they refused..

do you know the cable reference number for this..

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From the Newsweek article cited in the op-ed cited (what is this fad of citing by proxy?):

While it is unknown whether any of the men were indeed named in the WikiLeaks documents, it’s clear the Taliban believes they have been cooperating with Western forces and the Afghan government.

Source: Newsweek

Any more?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

thak you for you reply... A you state above there appears no real real evidence that this happened due to wikileaks. The links cited did not give any real evidence. Which would be easy to do as the could just show the orignal documents.

According to Agha Lali, the deputy head of Kandahar’s provincial council, threatening letters have been delivered to 70 elders in Panjwaii district. While it is unknown whether any of the men were indeed named in the WikiLeaks documents, it’s clear the Taliban believes they have been cooperating with Western forces and the Afghan governmen

or

one tribal elder, Khalifa Abdullah, who the Taliban believed had been in close contact with the Americans, was taken from his home in Monar village, in Kandahar province’s embattled Arghandab district, and executed by insurgent gunmen.

www.newsweek.com...

you are correct no proof here. ....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If Assange was truely intrested in holding the moral high ground, he would expose the douments that show criinal wrongdoing, and would do it in such a manner where people can be held accountible.

what do you think he has been doing? If you have time could you answer my points posted back a page or so. It would be nice to see what you tihnk...

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Are will still playing this stupid blame the Palin game?

This is not about the blame game it is a thread trying to understand if the likes of people like sarah pallin that incite murder through speech can be charged for that.

It is about if she has broken the law.....

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
[...]If you actually read the posts and information attached[...]

I've read your posts, and I've also read your sources.

Have you?
edit on 14-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: Edit: Ooooh, it's a two person pile-on now.... sorry Xcathdra, this really is nothing personal.

edit on 14-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: Added italics... everything's better with italics

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Wait a second... Assange releases sensitive information in which he gives the names of several people who are helping the U.S. which by releasing such information it would bring retaliation in many ways, and possibly could cost these people their lives and he wants to charge Sarah Palin for something she said?....

Does no one find this utterly ignorant, and ironic?....

He released the names of people and by doing so put them in danger, and he wants to charge Republicans for something they said....

I am starting to think Assange is nothing more than a tool of the One World Government elites who want to destroy any semblance of resistance against them...

Either that or he is a blabbering idiot.

edit on 14-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Does no one find this utterly ignorant, and ironic?....

Oh, yes, I do. Still, I think there's hope for you yet.
edit on 14-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: Aw... I don't even need a mod to tell me that was wrong... sorry, folks, I'll try harder to be good.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedStevensLives

Oh, yes, I do. Still, I think there's hope for you yet.
edit on 14-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: Aw... I don't even need a mod to tell me that was wrong... sorry, folks, I'll try harder to be good.

K, let's then charge Obama and the entire Obama administration also for doing similar things then...

Janet Napolitano should be the first one charged since she wrote her "rightwing extremism" report claiming people who fear a one World government, people who fear Communism, returning veterans and other Americans are "possible extremists"...

Let's charge Obama for his rethoric about violence against Republicans...

Let's charge the entire Obama administration over these things they have said and done...

So i ask, why is Assange targeting Republicans and not others who have made similar remarks, and have even done worse since they have written reports to target Americans simply for their political beliefs?....

edit on 14-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
So i ask, why is Assange targeting Republicans and not others who have made similar remarks, and have even done worse since they have written reports to target Americans simply for their political beliefs?

Nice job in completely misunderstanding Wikileaks’ press release and point, and turn this into a partisan issue.

Wikileaks and Assange are speaking out against people who have made statements with violent rhetoric directed at Wikileaks and their staff. Their point was not to speak against the quality of discourse in general in the United States, or which side has spewed more hatred.

Don’t turn this into a partisan issue because it’s not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join