It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Library of Congress evactuated!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

about the smartest remark i've seen all year.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

This is another link with the exact same article, word for word. Since you said that the other link is broken. It's working for me though.

www.dailyjournal.net...
edit on 12-1-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

tht was thread worthy they got hit by 3 6.o at the same time!
edit on 12-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

thanks for putting that up there!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Where's the link for this 'freebie'?
I'm curious.

Get back fool , I saw it first !

jk

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is a sort of interesting link. It talks about the library of congress and how they handle fire. Their preparedness and the damage that can be caused not only by fire, but by putting it out. Even talks a bit about previous fires there.

www.loc.gov...

Nothing exciting. Just has some links on how they handle and plan to handle possible disasters such as fires and how to preserve the books and info collected within their walls...

Something to look around at as we wait for more info anyway. Though admittedly I have not looked through it too much. So, yeah. For what that's worth

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
is it jus me or is there some crazy event happening everyday since 2011 and im not referring too my op

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Well, it does seem that this year has been rather crazy so far. I mean we have the birds and fish dying left and right. The shooting in Arizona. What am I forgetting?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

forgetting the huge fireball last night!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Oh that's true. Man, if things continue as they have been, we are in for one hell of a year.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Maybe that was what was meant by the 45 minute evacuation? To evacuate the important documents, books and papers? I dont know I would feel all was truly lost if it did burn. Sooo that said I have to admit I have enjoyed reading your 'comments' in this thread as it took the seriousness out of my worried frow, until we could get a better link and or statement to this situation. Man I cant get away from the wordyness to say what I have to say today...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
we should of heard something by now what is going on?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The first page has a link to the DC Fire Department's twitter page. 8 minutes ago they reported that the fire was in the trash chute, it's under control:

updaye - N St NW - bulk of fire knocked - confined to chute and compactor - some smoke - no inj - under control

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

ok thankyou! thread closed , i suppose , thanks people.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Imagine the ancient Greek headline: ALEXANDRIA LIBRARY ON FIRE.

Amazing. That is the first thought that flashed into my mind!
The library of Alexandria was burned twice.

The Library of Congress burned once already.
"On December 24, 1851 the largest fire in the Library's history destroyed 35,000 books, about two–thirds of the Library's 55,000 book collection, including two–thirds of Jefferson's original transfer.[4]"

Apparently from the news it was just smoke and an evacuation. Maybe it's just some Masonic ritual symbolism going on in there, you know, hurling fire from the altar or some such thing.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Sooo that said I have to admit I have enjoyed reading your 'comments' in this thread as it took the seriousness out of my worried frow, until we could get a better link and or statement to this situation. Man I cant get away from the wordyness to say what I have to say today...

haha, thanks. Umm. I think.

But yeah, sometimes life can just really get to you ( I should know). Just try to not let all the crazy news stories get you down.... Though sometimes that is easier said then done, even for me.

And don't give up on that wordiness. That is a sign that you are a writer at heart you know. Just start writing and let it all come out. If you are anything like I am, you will feel quite a bit better after you do.

But I digress....

To answer the OP's latest question, I really don't know.... I truly can't imagine why there seems to be little to no coverage of this. Even if it is nothing more than a scare... you would think that a possible fire and smoke in the library of congress is worthy of at least some mention.

Oh I see now that the fire was in the trash chute and is under control.... but still I am left wondering... why was this barely even mentioned? Am I naive in thinking that a fire ( no matter how small) in the library of congress is worth even a brief mention?

Oh well. As soon as I figure out the media and what the hell they are thinking, I will let you all know.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Exciting up to the minute news! You're a star reporter.
I'm starring and flagging, no telling how this turns out
it is right now and valuable. Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The question I can't help but ask is: what was in the trash chute that necessary to burn?
Catch my drift?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Just re-posting a link to the washington post. www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join