It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do We Really Know About The Detection Of ExtraTerrestrial Life And The Consequences For Society

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Further more burntheships, many abductees claim their alien captors teach them to not believe Jesus is our lord, in fact many of their teaching are about Jesus. Why? Because they want to decept as many people as they can. If Jesus, that is our Lord and saviour who died on the cross to give us all eternal life, was just a fabrication - that is he may have been a person but no-one special, then why do they have to mention him at all? Why bother wasting time on teaching your captive Jesus doesn't exist, or he is one of us, who would care if Jesus is not powerful.

And the tests etc they do that hurt people, well I would think an advanced race wouldn't be interested in torturing us 'meaningless' humans.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

Thank you for sharing your experience and hold on to your faith.
I did see that link I will check it out, thanks!

I do think that the most likely explanation in Aliens being interdimensional is that they are spiritual beings. Edit to add: and from the descriptions of what they do it seems they are less than kind, and maybe malevolent.

While I am trying hard to keep an open mind to learn and not jump to conclusions, I must admit however that I have no experience - thankfully - and find the hardest to deal with about this entire Alien idea is that people everywhere have the same experince you did. Some as children and some as young adults, and into adulthood.
Of course there are other aspects that I have questions about also.

It makes complete sense to me that if "Aliens" exist they are subject to God, God in the trinity.
God The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Which leads to so many other questions.

I do have a question, since fairly new at this may I ask you what is ce-4?

Edit to add that I have that answer, so thanks!

edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thanks burntheships, it's great you have an inquiring mind, and also seeking truth. Ce-4 is basically the last step in a close encounter. Ce-1 - is where you see a ufo, I forgotten the rest but basically ce-4 is where they abduct you.

This is something extra I'd like to add about abduction experiences, it may explain exactly what it means when Jesus name is used to stop them. It's an excellent example from the book Unholy Communion, I really recommend reading this for the truth:

Using Jesus name is one thing, having a r/ship with him is another. It's like this - say you are being bullied in the playground and you decide to tell the bully you are now friends with sam - the sheriff of your town's son. You are not friends with Sam however but just tell the bully that to get rid of him one day. It might deter the bully once but of course they will keep coming back because they do not know for sure you are Sam's friend. Now pretend you are adopted by Sam's father the Sheriff and Sam becomes your brother. Tell the bully that and they won't touch you again because they do not want to get into trouble. The bully of course in this scenerio are aliens, Sam is Jesus and the Sheriff is God.

This is how it works in abductions scenerio's.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

Thanks for the explanation. This eerily reminds me of exorcism and the ones who report to be exorcists.
I realize that they are different, however I have never understood how "professional" exorcists have any power except for the power given to them by God. Mere words dont ever mean much, let alone have the power to stand against a spirit. And there have been some instances recorded in history that make me turn pale.

So yes, it seems that there must be more to all of the abductions then beyond what we hear about "greys" , spacecraft etc.

I am of the opinion that if these "Aliens" are malevolent they should not be taken lightly. Also since it seems to me that there is some type of manipulation going on leading up to a "disclosure" there exists an opportunity for a grand scale deception.

I have also found it so very interesting thta the Catholic Church is open to the idea,
studies it and so on, to the point of announcing that they would want to baptize Aliens.

Which leads to the question of this: Have Aliens fallen like man? Why would The Church assume or portray that if Aliens exist, they need to be baptized? And would they first need to be redeemed?

Or, is The Church possibly part of this deception? Not all churches but the ones that engage in this?

edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well we need to keep in mind burntheships that the Catholic church is in fact a religion, not a faith. Christian faith has a r/ship with Jesus Christ himself, Catholic religion does not hold Jesus at the top, rather the virgin mary, and further more the pope. Humans cannot forgive sin, only Jesus - unfortunately the Catholic religion believes other considering confession etc. Furthermore the holy-spirit has kept me alert ever since the Catholic church has been stating their belief in aliens/ufo's which further seem to tarnish their reputation as a religion. Christians know that we are special, we were created by God, the only beings in His universe, just as our world was.

If the Catholic religion believes that aliens/ufo's exist, then they are going against God's law (bible ref.) because we are His only creation as his word tells us.

Are you Christian yourself burntheships? Either way I really recommend looking at the book Unholy Communion as it actually explains much of this in there

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
'Aliens' or whatever demons want to fool us with, will come to the earth one day, the bible tells us this in revelations and many will be fooled. However many of us, like you and me who are starting to see through their agenda will be enabled to see right through their agenda, and this makes them mad. Even as I have been on here typing my testimonies/truth I feel empowered the holy spirit.

I actually have been looking at ATS for quite sometime now, looking at the alien/ufo section in disbelief just how much people have been fooled. I did post a thread originally as well which got deleted about my belief and I believe now that the truth in itself is in fact becoming a conspiracy because it is simply being denied - the truth that aliens are in fact demons.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Realizing that I brought them into the discussion It would seem that The Catholic Church is on a political path, even a path to gain power beyond the political...and its counterpart The Vatican...which places it in a category that probably is best left for another thread since it gets complicated from there. My views on that can be found here : The Vatican Emerges From Wikileaks As A Key Player On The Global Scene

Back to "Aliens" and The Catholic Church...it seems deceptive then that they would on one hand offer to baptize an Alien when on the other hand they have professional exorcists. Its hypocritical of them. On one hand exorcise them, on the other baptize them - in keeping with the Aliens are Demons idea. Like The Catholic Church does not know the difference.

Would they have the Alien confess its sins first? -facetious-

Originally posted by Truth01

Are you Christian yourself burntheships? Either way I really recommend looking at the book Unholy Communion as it actually explains much of this in there

Yes I am, thanks for asking.

And yes thanks for that book reccomendation. I have read a few books on the subject. I dont recall the titles at the moment as its late. Its been a good discussion, thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If ET's are malevolent, you can be pretty sure they would not have waited until we were nuclear armed, our population out of control ( almost), and much more technology savvy before dealing to us. IMHO anyways!

Why would you wait, when a few hundred years ago ( if you believe they were around us then) it would be like taking lambs to slaughter? No headaches for ET's, clean and easy, much less polluted ' product' ( whatever it was they wanted) etc.

Nope. They want US to clean our act up.

And I would hazard a guess they are wanting that to happen poste haste!!! Else they will intervene and make damned SURE we do it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well as far as exorcisms go, the bible mentions Jesus gave the power to his followers (which is anyone by the way who is a Christian) to denounce evil spirits. The Catholic church can still have their belief in aliens and do exorcisms but really, demons are not powerful at all as made out to be in hollywood. God's law abides all beings, inc. demons to bow down to Jesus, so Christians cannot become possesed who are holy-spirit filled. We are like vacuums, we either are filled with one thing or another. For Chrsitians that is the holy-spirit and unfortunately for satan, he and his minions cannot co-exist with the holy-spirit.

I further agree with you that the Catholic church has a agenda of their own, political that is and of course politics is power. 'Aliens' (I really like using quotation marks using their false identity!) are promising power, and when they do come to earth they will have much power which is earth limited in the political agenda of course because they are grand illusionists (physical and mental) considering what they do to abductees, floating through walls etc. But really everything they are is an illusion, created by the most decietful illusionist of them all - Satan.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Annella, they could blow up the world but many of us won't die - those who believe Jesus died on the cross to give us eternal life. 'Aliens' however want as many souls going back to hell with them as possible so want to give us a grand delusion that they are our creators, they will save us - when in fact all they are going to do is kill people by giving us this grand delusion of saving earth, gathering their believers together to get them away from the truth and then dying.

Jesus is life, 'aliens' or demons either one, are death. I choose life.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

'Aliens' or whatever demons want to fool us with, will come to the earth one day, the bible tells us this in revelations and many will be fooled.

I actually have been looking at ATS for quite sometime now, looking at the alien/ufo section in disbelief just how much people have been fooled. I did post a thread originally as well which got deleted about my belief and I believe now that the truth in itself is in fact becoming a conspiracy because it is simply being denied - the truth that aliens are in fact demons.

Religion has EVERYTHING to do with Aliens IMO, because I believe we all came from the stars. Actually, that is scientifically proven, we are made of stardust! Will find a link and post it here soon.
I also believe that the message from The Bible is precisely that. Jesus was from the stars as are all of us. And that is where we return when its our turn to go astral travelling.

Home.

Link to our being of stardust..

www.thegreatstory.org...
edit on 14-1-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yes Annella you are right. We are from the heavens because guess what - we are in the heavens as we speak. The heavens the bible talks of is in fact the Universe, no matter how big or small people think it is. I am not God so i cannot say for sure there are other dimensions, but I am guessing there are most likely considering what 'aliens' can do i.e. pass through walls, maneouvre their craft etc. But also that heaven itself, the place in which believers in Him will go to eventually might be in a dimension but i do not know. However I do believe we are created by God and only him, Satan actually has been the tip of the ice berg in proving this to me with his little 'alien' deception. Of course I have my faith, but if it were not for my own experiences in this spiritual battle I would never have believed how powerful my Lord is.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

I am not getting further into a debate like this......just talk about the aliens and consequences for society topic as the OP states.

Peace to you.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Sure thing Annella, however I am not debating with you, just stating my opinion just as you and anyone else can have their opinion on here.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Sure thing Annella, however I am not debating with you, just stating my opinion just as you and anyone else can have their opinion on here.

And good on you!!

But this thread is not about religion and aliens. I see you have started a thread on just that. Once again, good on you!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Well we need to keep in mind burntheships that the Catholic church is in fact a religion, not a faith. Christian faith has a r/ship with Jesus Christ himself, Catholic religion does not hold Jesus at the top, rather the virgin mary, and further more the pope. Humans cannot forgive sin, only Jesus - unfortunately the Catholic religion believes other considering confession etc. Furthermore the holy-spirit has kept me alert ever since the Catholic church has been stating their belief in aliens/ufo's which further seem to tarnish their reputation as a religion. Christians know that we are special, we were created by God, the only beings in His universe, just as our world was.

If the Catholic religion believes that aliens/ufo's exist, then they are going against God's law (bible ref.) because we are His only creation as his word tells us.

edit on 14-1-2011 by jlv70 because: Sorry I meant to comment on this quote but I messed it up, still learning, sorry.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Also, burntheships actually asked me where I got my information/belief from, so I was asked by the OP

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

I'm a lapsed Catholic, far be it from me to defend them, I haven't been to Mass in probably 20 years, but they put Jesus first.
I don't want to fight about it, I don't want to debate it, but I just had to say it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmm wondering why Catholics have to confess their sins to a human then when Jesus tells us to confess them to him? I wonder who is putting who first exactly. Sorry just had to say my bit

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Hmm wondering why Catholics have to confess their sins to a human then when Jesus tells us to confess them to him? I wonder who is putting who first exactly. Sorry just had to say my bit

I think we are straying kind of off-topic here, but, you see, the priest who takes the confession is Jesus' representative on earth or some such. IMHO fact is through confession the churches of all Christian denominations control their flock, keep them in check. It's similar to the teaching of the Lord's prayer; Jesus never said you must do 70 Ave Marias and 50 "Our father" prayers for penance. Come to think of it, I don't really remember anything directly attributed to Jesus concerning confession. Back to the topic at hand: I agree that we know very little about the topic at hand. How would we go about detecting ET life? Well, the general idea is we would look for tell-tale signs of intelligent life. As for the consequences: it's all wild speculation. Yes, ET could be like us during the colonial time squashing civilizations deemed inferior to the then superior European civilization. In that regard, a meeting would be quite disastrous. But ET could also be well quite benevolent, especially if more advanced than us, and we might just benefit. Of course, the "Rare Earth" hypothesis could be true after all and then may be there are no more advanced, more intelligent ETs out there, but I highly doubt it. I believe that there is intelligent life all throughout the universe; some is more and some less advanced than us. So, where are they? (The Fermi paradox) They could be already here, but I doubt it, because I just think that the distances involved in interstellar traveling might be just too huge. Or they could be somewhere out there, but with no means to visit us. We will find out in due time, hopefully still in my lifetime.
edit on 14/1/2011 by WalterRatlos because: Grammar and spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join