It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****** 300 Blackbirds dead in Athens, today. ******

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

I think it's perfectly healthy and excellent to question things, and like you say, it's quite obvious something is happening, and all we can do is wait it out and see where we go.

The die-offs do seem to be getting less though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

They were feeding along the side of the road and a vehicle hit them? Seriously? I've seen a single bird hit by a car and feathers are everywhere...maybe the single vehicle driver will file an insurance claim and verify the explanation given in the story...but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
So, there have been reports of more dead birds.

People are stating that the birds just seemed to fall from the sky.

A wildlife biologist at the scene who says there is an explanation for what happened:

"What it appears to us right now is that the birds were feeding alongside the road," said Mitchell Marks. "The flock flushed, flew out into a vehicle and we've got this kill here along the road."

Really?! 300 birds just happened to fly into one vehicle... can one vehicle actually kill 300 birds? It would want to be a monstrously huge vehicle!

Source: www.whnt.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

I don't think scientists know whats happening however at this point they have to come up w/ any explaination so that people won't get scared. Its going to be a common occurrence only 300 to 1000 dead birds is not something that you can sweep under the rug so they have to give us a base explaination until they figure out the real cause.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

I thought my last post would have got a OFF TOPIC stamp on it.
I really don't think we have had the worst yet. The weather is going crazy, just after christmas it was -10 to -17 then toward the end of this week was like +30, I work out doors and I have never known fluctuations in the weather change so rapidly from week to week.

I also think what is going on in the oceans is bigger than we know, the 1000s of tons of sea life dieing off, all around the globe is frightening. Nope, I don't think we have seen the last of this, not by a long chalk.

Have a nice weekend.

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If that is the correct picture of the bird hit and run,you will notice the birds are a distance to where that semi is driving,the birds are lying quite away from the highway and also lying in the snow futher away,also it looks like they are still intact,a semi hitting them you would see pieces of bird parts

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Let me just say before I ask my question I think there is something going on.

Q. Could it be normal all these birds diein? I mean could it b normal and it's just never been realy reported world wide until now and as so closely watched as now? Therefore it looks like something is going?

Do you get what I'm saying lol I hope so

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
One more point if a car is driving along and you scare 300 birds to where they fly up and head for your car,wouldn't you think you might not be able to see and swerve and get into a accident,that is alot of birds covering your car,Dumb excuse again

top topics

<< 1   >>

join