It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To think-is to create?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As many of you might already know...I have journeyed through much curious wonderment about purpose, oneness, and creating unity.

I have met some really interesting people in life lately...it does seem as though we attract like minds in real life. As I have re-entered the working world with taking a brake from school, I have attracted many like minds out of the clear blue it seems...and conversations have taken hold like wind on wings. Its been amazing really to see and experience this happening.

But as I keep running into these philosophers of life and purpose, many keep telling me that sickness and pain can be 'no more'...we just have to 'think it' to 'create it'.

Now Im all for you are your own maker of your destiny....but I think there is something we leave out in this though of 'to think is to create'.

Though the Spirit is within us, all creativeness occurs first 'within' as a 'inner creation' first...we still have to face that nature and other people effect us, our surroundings effect us....even though the Spirit is within all those around us and nature too....we still have to deal with people that are not understanding the power of 'to think-is to create' and this WILL influence us.

Take bacteria and virus's for example...or lets look at things like worms and insects that can enter the body and cause great sickness. These things are not in our control...but only our reaction and response to them effecting us is in our control.

I watched a woman on a show the other day..who from the soil in her own garden, she contracted a type of worm that entered her body. Without medication, it could of killed her.

So my question...is it really healthy to think we are in total control? Or should we not surrender to the idea that we are a PART of many other things and these things can effect us and its more our response and reaction that we are in control of...like if we let it depress us, cause us anxiety, control our emotions, ect....

Are you one of those that think that we are totally in control and that we by thinking, can heal and sickness or illness that falls upon us? If so, explain to me how this can be...how can we escape the influence and effects of things of Earth that can harm us of bacterias and virus's that find us?

How much control are we really in....without considering other peoples effects on us and the Earths effects on us? Is it such a bad thing that we live in a environment that holds 'life' for surely, even the 'life' that can harm us has some purpose to be here...does it not?

People say...we can create Utopia, a Perfect World....with thought.

How far does this go? How perfect SHOULD things be? Would we not loose the worth of 'health' without the reminder now and then of sickness?

Open to further conversation in this topic area....
LV

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To further where my ideas are coming from...

I see many that await a perfect world, through reaching heaven or ascension ect...and I worry about this kind of thought for others that they will be let down if the hardships of life continue.

I feel its important that we have reminders of the worth of compassion, good health, friendship, trust, ect...and Im unsure that we will keep the worth of these things without reminders of the opposite of them.

I think Earth is a great teacher...but many think its some sort of a mistake that we are here...that we are here through a force against our will...that we are not supposed to be here in this harsh environment that has suffering and hardship. I disagree with this...for I dont believe in mistakes and I think there is purpose in all things that occur.

To me it seems that many things had to be...for what is 'now' to 'be'...and what is now..is needed for what is 'to come'.

There are animals that are poisonous to us, there are bacterias that can harm us, there are creatures that can kill us....and I have issues with thinking these things are not supposed to be and that we are to 'think' them away.

I think there are great lessons...in strife...in struggle...in finding the strength to be an example and not a to treat others only as they treat you.

Is life really supposed to be easy? Blissful?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The only thing thinking creates is ideas. For any idea to become reality one must put work into it to make it become reality.

There are two things, Reality, and your personalized perception of that reality. Your perception does not change the foundation of reality. Reality does however, change the foundation of your perception, because it is the foundation your perception is built upon.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, it still makes a sound.
The egg came before the chicken because dinosaurs laid eggs and dinosaurs predate chickens.

Point is : this whole "if you think it you can create reality" stuff is complete garbage. It's 100% unprovable and totally illogical.

Example : So if I think of everyones heads exploding, they will? Answer : NO. Merely thinking about something does not make it reality or cause reality to alter drastically.

Reality creates your thoughts.

Thoughts do not create reality! That is ultra egotistical and self-centered to think that you are the center of the universe and merely thinking about things alters the course of the entire universe. It's totally absurd.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from.
Though i would note that your statement relating to thinking & creating is both perfectly right & wrong.

We all have had instances in our life where we really want something, so badly that we are not able to envision anything coming in the way of us getting it.
And we do get it too.
It may be a big or small want.

However, this thought needs to arise not from our conscious mind but from within.. where we have no place for doubt or negative energies.

it so happens that the wishes we make from within, the smaller ones accomplish more easily compared to the larger ones because we concentrate too much on it.
In this process we automatically allow doubt & scenarios where this may not happen to creep in.
This is the speed-breaker in the 'creation' process.

that being said, even if we know that we can create our realities, our minds are almost incapable of just positive thought.
Negativity automatically creeps in due to the conditioning we have received in this life time.

it is possible to create our universe, IF we can thin right

Hope i made sense there

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here is a great example of my point.

Tesla and Edison did not "create" the "modern world" by simply "thinking it into being".

They had to work hard nights without sleep, week after week, for years, trying countless different ways to make their inventions come to life and work properly.

It was hard physical labor, and dangerous too.

Thinking creates ideas.
But to bring an idea to reality it requires physical labor.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Peace be upon you LV.

Firstly, let me say I envy your socializings! I yearn and crave such conversation, but I guess that is not for me right now. I so much want intellectual, spiritual, philosophical, esoteric, and religious conversation with like minds, or those beyond my understandings so that I may learn. But I only encounter people with staunch and firm opposing views to my own. What I find ironic is I have had such friends and teachers in the past, but at those times I had not the slightest clue or interest to the ideas and concepts they spoke to me of....

One of my long lost teachers taught me; "What you think and what you say, you bring forth."
This concept has proven itself true time and time again in my personal observations of my life. To me this concept is Truth, to others it may not.

Ponder this concept. Every word ever spoken, every action ever performed... every piece of music, literature, theorem, science, technology, invention, or human manipulation/change of nature.... everything pertaining to mankind started first as a simple thought.

In regards to sickness and pain, I have used my mind to cure myself repeatedly since 2002. It is very possible. But it is not instantaneous magic. For example, you have the common cold... perhaps with your thoughts or words you say, "I'm so sick, I feel horrible." With this train of thought you just reinforced the reality that you feel sick. But if you change the wording to something on the lines of... "I'll feel better soon, this sickness will pass soon, my body is strong and will heal itself," you will notice both your symptoms and length of sickness will decrease.

What I have discovered is your success rate of self-healing relies on a few factors. Most importantly, you must believe it is possible. Doubt will void the effects. Self-healing becomes easier with positive lifestyle choices. Strong spirituality, regular meditation/prayer, fasting, and positive thought. Fear, anger, and frustration will only hamper your efforts. Peace, love, calm, relaxation, and spiritual strength in daily life are a must. You must confront the pain or sickness with positive thinking.

"how can we escape the influence and effects of things of Earth that can harm us of bacterias and virus's that find us?" -LeoVirgo

You spoke of mankind and nature having the Spirit dwelling within. In this sense we are all connected. In the world of atoms and subatomic particles, it is evident all of existence is connected. I don't think that we humans in a physical form can escape any physical influence. How can a pond escape the effect of a stone being thrown and causing ripples? We can only choose how we handle these effects in our lives. By becoming more aware of existence, becoming more conscious of ourselves, and strengthening our spirituality, the stone thrown into a pond can become as a stone being thrown into a vast ocean. Enlightenment and Spirituality dappen physical effects. We still can't escape them, but they become less significant.

"How much control are we really in" -LeoVirgo

I believe we are only truly in control of our personal reaction to what happens in our lives.

A Utopia, a perfect world seems irrational to me. Perfection is in the opinion of the individual. Collectively humanity agrees on little. If things were "perfect," someone would still have a complaint.

But I do believe we should work our butts off to create a better world here and now instead of waiting and day-dreaming of a better afterlife.

Pain, sickness, death, hunger... these and similar issues do allow us to better appreciate life, health, and comfort. Would we be less enlightened, less happy, and less appreciative if we had absolute perfection? I have no idea, because even with the outward perfections, we still have our own inner emotions and thoughts to deal with. So I am once again drawn to the conclusion that human beings here and now must focus on their thoughts and reactions to life and the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I have attracted many like minds out of the clear blue it seems...and conversations have taken hold like wind on wings. Its been amazing really to see and experience this happening.
I feel envious yet this is the same thing that has been happening to me for many years now.

my question...is it really healthy to think we are in total control?
Most definitely not. I think control is a deception that helps propagate the illusion of power.

Or should we not surrender to the idea that we are a PART of many other things and these things can effect us and its more our response and reaction that we are in control of
I think we should surrender to this idea. A lot of energy is spent attempting to stop an action and even more in reversing its coarse. It is a much better use of energy to stand aside and try to simply alter the coarse in response to the same action. Keep in mind that we are all in this together and we need each others help. Think of medicine as the focus of others' thoughts, incantation incarnate if you like. What was the original thought when a particular medical item was made or procedure created? Was it of health or profit?

Take bacteria and virus's for example...
Interesting example. Here is a TED lecture on how bacteria communicate.
Bonnie Bassler on how bacteria "talk"
Could it be possible that bacteria communicate with us in ways we aren't even aware of yet? Better yet, could bacteria be the cause of, or contributing factor to, species evolution over time?

How much control are we really in....without considering other peoples effects on us and the Earths effects on us?
Thought creates reality for you, me and everyone. This all takes place over time starting from long before we were here and will continue long after. I believe that the seeds of thought planted today will grow beyond the originator of this thought changing and progressing as generations of people pass on. It is up to us to help mold these thoughts into productive and progressively positive directions.

I see many that await a perfect world, through reaching heaven or ascension ect...and I worry about this kind of thought for others that they will be let down if the hardships of life continue.
This bugs me too. In the process of waiting for things to get better an opportunity is missed to experience life. The very act of thinking about life creates the thoughts of this life that we are thinking about. What kind of a reality is created when people are waiting for something to happen? The word "limbo" comes to mind.

I think Earth is a great teacher...but many think its some sort of a mistake that we are here...that we are here through a force against our will
My personal belief is that I chose to come here, from wherever it was that I may have been before I was here. Perhaps this was a bad idea to come here, so far so good though, but I have never felt as though my life was forced upon me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello LV,

I've developed a theory of interconnection of consensus reality which I call Plenary Metaphysical Solipsism.

Consensus Reality
Consensus reality therefore refers to the agreed-upon concepts of reality which people in the world, or a culture or group, believe are real (or treat as real), usually based upon their common experiences as they believe them to be; anyone who does not agree with these is sometimes stated to be "in effect... living in a different world."[5]Stork, David G., editor (1998). Hal's Legacy: 2001's Computer as Dream and Reality. MIT Press. p. 201. ISBN 0262692112.

Metaphysical solipsism
Based on a philosophy of subjective idealism, metaphysical solipsists maintain that the self is the only existing reality and that all other reality, including the external world and other persons, are representations of that self having no independent existence.

ple·na·ry
2. Fully attended by all qualified members: a plenary session of the council.

By putting those concepts together then, a statement such as this is reached:
Although the only actual reality is the self, and all other external realities emanate from the self, each individual is not alone. Consensus reality is therefore the realm of interchange between one reality and those equal surrounding realities.

But as I keep running into these philosophers of life and purpose, many keep telling me that sickness and pain can be 'no more'...we just have to 'think it' to 'create it'.

Now Im all for you are your own maker of your destiny....but I think there is something we leave out in this though of 'to think is to create'.

You are correct to question this sort of assertion. According to my PMS theory, it is flawed on two levels. 1) Each individual is not alone in order to change reality alone through thought. That would be pure solipsism.
2) Although I didn't work it in to the definition, I think that more than thought is involved in changes of reality. There is a 'whole self' involved, of physical feelings, will, envisioning imagination, dreams, and a whole lot more involved in the 'whole self'.

There are animals that are poisonous to us, there are bacterias that can harm us, there are creatures that can kill us....and I have issues with thinking these things are not supposed to be and that we are to 'think' them away.

I think there are great lessons...in strife...in struggle...in finding the strength to be an example and not a to treat others only as they treat you.

Is life really supposed to be easy? Blissful?

This reminds me of a story. I was living with my son in my ex-wife's house, splitting the rent. One day he says, "Hey dad, what do you think of Joe moving in for a month or so, 'til he gets re-established in town?"

I responded, "I don't think that's a good idea at all. My response is no." Joe was my son's former Taekwondo teacher, who was 'former' for good cause. My son earned his black belt under another teacher.

"Well, it's too late, he's on his way here with his two daughters and his new girl-friend."

"Then why did you ask me?" I wondered. "You should get him away from here as quickly as possible."

About four months later, after Joe had turned the whole house, including the garage, into his own personal space, with only my bedroom left as the only exception, he started making noises about what a negative influence I was being to 'his bliss'. His solution being that I should simply begone, vanish, and leave the bedroom to him.

After a couple of police visits for alcohol induced domestic incidents between Joe and his girl-friend, I convinced my son with much yelling, that Joe really had to go.

Joe was unable to enjoy 'his bliss' as long as I existed within proximity. From my point of view, he had no legitimate reason to be in my house.

Joe is a big believer in thinking things into existence. I'm a believer in shouting parasites away from me.
edit on 12-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
LV, I've thought about this since I read Hidden Hand saying "Thoughts are creative". It's definitely worth consideration, and I'm still not clear about my own thoughts about it.

Sometimes I might note on TV some "preacher" or some type person talking about it, and the things they suggest all seem so shallow and superficial. Have you heard that stuff? Put a photo of a house you want where you can see it everyday, along with the date you want the house, and it will come to you. I'm put off by that for some reason.

Also, we've had muliple "thought experiments" since I've been on ATS, and none have ever accomplished anything, of which I'm aware anyway.

This superficiality and materialism, however, is not what you are referring to, I know. Your ideas are more lofty.
And...I guess I believe it in enough that I am *cautious* about it. Superstition? I don't know. I find myself chasing away negative thoughts, like I'm swishing away a fly, because I don't want anything negative to be created by my thoughts.

But it seems the only time my positive thoughts come alive, is when I make them. But those are only thoughts of things I can control, or have a dog's chance of controlling. I want, more than anything, for this earth to be at peace, and for all humans to be comfortable in the things they need.

I tried. It's not happening.

It's a great topic for discussion, and I have enjoyed responses thus far. As you see, I have no answers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Here is a great example of my point.

Tesla and Edison did not "create" the "modern world" by simply "thinking it into being".

They had to work hard nights without sleep, week after week, for years, trying countless different ways to make their inventions come to life and work properly.

It was hard physical labor, and dangerous too.

Thinking creates ideas.
But to bring an idea to reality it requires physical labor.

I agree with you. I think I'd like not to, for the beauty of the other. But my personal experience has been.........
as you say it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Im glad this has moved into conversation
What would thought or ideas be worth without another to challenge or encourage either way?

@muzzleflash....

You said..

Reality creates your thoughts. Thoughts do not create reality! That is ultra egotistical and self-centered to think that you are the center of the universe and merely thinking about things alters the course of the entire universe. It's totally absurd.

I cant tell you how many times truly this is so...what surrounds me was the originator of what thoughts then had to birth in me. Let me expand a thought for you and hear what you have to say if you dont mind.

Let me expand this to everyone reading now for there were many things said that made me 'think' more...

Imagine there is only ONE true self...a Spirit lets say, that was self aware and through 'be-ing' it formed into an expression of itself and lets say that expression of itself was the entire Universe as a outwardly expressed 'be-ing'. Could that 'one self' have intent for all that is then...though as one part of that Universe gives way, it may of given rights and worth to another part in its being. In this idea....what if in this 'emanation' of Spirit...it awaits a purification of itself through its outward expression..and that manifestation must happen through the 'expression of conscious beings'. As Spirit was always self aware...unseen...through the seen, self aware...a process will happen? A type of merging of the unseen with the seen in being aware as a inner and outward manifesting being. Im not sure at all if what I am saying is coming out right here. This idea would mean that even though the surroundings effect us and cause many thoughts, reactions, responses, and ideas within us....would mean that every single moment, incident, event (good and bad)....has a purpose of leading to such a realization of 'self' as a 'one' self that is in expression. Can the expressor...and the expression...be aware of eachother and see they are one? And what would happen if they did become aware of eachother? Could a great merging/purification occur...where the 'true self' within, is in control of every cell, every idea, every event. But when I start to think about it...I get to a point of 'then what purpose would there be then....if it all got figured out, and the 'true one self' becomes aware of itself in its own expression...wouldnt the whole 'expression' then just collapse? (Big bang and big crunch, if you will).

I understand what you are saying about self centered in thinking we have such a power...for I have equal respect and see equal purpose in all life as a one and that the prime image of 'what can be' needs all that is, for that to 'become'. But I do find it odd....that out of so much life here....we do have this amazing difference then the rest of life forms in that we very self aware. I think what we lack, is being aware of others as much as ourselves, being aware of the life of nature as well as ourselves.

So back to the former idea of 'there is really only one of us here' (spooky huh?) and your idea of egotistical to think we are in control with our thoughts.....do you think its possible that this 'one true self'..as it is allowed to 'be' through us after we can set aside our personalities, our intellect, our 'seemingly reality'....that 'it' could manifest in a more pure way, through all life as a whole...diseases seeming to go away, its own perfection as it is in the 'unseen' becoming through the manifested 'seen'?

Could we, as we heal our 'souls' (lets say souls are a phase of spirit).....that we start to heal the life that 'comes' into being....thus 'spirit' starts to manifest its true form in a more perfect way?

Could all of this experience of 'reality' be a sifter of sorts...testing, trying, measuring, weighing.....weighing out what 'should be' and what 'not should be'? Sometimes I drift down this line of thinking....that there is some purpose of this 'reality' to shape us, mold us, to a more true form as a 'one perfect expression'.

Did I loose ya in that 'thought'

Many others pointed out the same thing...that there is only so much we can do with thought and that action, doing, motion...must take place to make 'thoughts' become 'things'. And still yet, there are plenty of things outside our reach of changing.

I think its important that we dont loose respect for the orders and cycles of the system we call 'reality'...and not forget that we should not get too comfortable anytime for it is then that its all likely to 'change' on us and we will have to re-adapt and cope again.

Lets talk about praying...

Im a believer that if you want something to change...you work on it. This is why Im not a big believer in prayer...for I dont think things should be just given to us. I think there is purpose in hardships and to think that if there is a path preplanned....who are we to then ask that it changes??

If there is a God that listens to 'prayers'....who are we to dare ask that the destiny take a different path? To pray that people learn to love more without the lessons first of the worth of love? Who are we, to be directors of 'magical interventions'? Isnt praying...assuming...Gods plan needs fixing or readjusting?

Are we not 'doers'? Should things 'change' just because we 'believer' they can? Should we really be just 'given' great things because we 'believe' or 'think' it can be? What would we learn in such a world that to really 'think is to create'?

Imagine everything you could ever dream of...becoming just because you were focused enough, prayed enough, in tune, enough...that you had the power to manifest it all to 'become'. ---------Then what? All your desires fulfilled.--------Then what? What would you learn? What would you hold of value in your heart? What would you then 'dream' of?

Even for those of us that would wish for 'peace on earth'...

What right do we have to 'wish away' the lessons of those that still have much to learn in the worth of peace, love, compassion?

We long for all to know being loved, to not have to struggle, to not have to hurt. But what have we learned from not being loved, through our struggles, through our hurt? Did these things not offer us something, opportunities of learning the worth of something? Is 'thinking' those things away....really going to help others...when we are all here to learn things? Surely, we cant 'create' others realities right out from under them.

My point is...we influence eachother. We all have rights to learn. We may desire that all have a good easy life and this shows a nature about us....but maybe in this 'life' we also need to just help others learn how to react, respond, find worth....through the same hardships we learned through.

I dont think its as easy as 'to think, is to create'....and I dont think it should be this easy.

May we have the courage to change the things we can...and to accept the things we can not.

What worries me is those that 'wish, pray'....or to 'think is to create'....and their wishes, prayers, thinking....does not bring what they depended on. Maybe this is their way of coping...by wishing, praying, thinking.

Im not saying that we dont have any control...for I do think for the most part, while we have a living breath in our bodies, our destiny, is in our hands. Surely negative thoughts are going to bring about a negative surrounding....surely positive thoughts, will help us through hard times, sickness, and struggle. I think our responses and reactions to what happens in every day life, does have its own effects back to our surroundings. I do think that there is power in a thought...for all actions and behaviors of us must first start as a thought.

I think we are best off....not loosing respect for mother nature and her unpredictable ways. I think we are best to not forget that other 'life forms' can and will influence us and there is not any of us 'alone' here in this so called thing of 'life'.

As we learn that what we do effects others...we can respect that what others do, effects us. Respect the interactions of 'life'.....for what would any of us be without interactions of our reality?

Can we really think that although we have learned the failure of hate...that one we see hating does not have a right to learn such a worth for their own self...and that we can just 'think' this lesson away from them?

Whew....too much rambling

Im not even sure I really have a point...but I do think we as a species, need to 'think' about things together. It might not 'create' anything really, besides more thoughts to think about-HA

Seriously, for the most part...I do believe in 'to think is to create' because as another poster said...all our doings start with a thought first.

But we still have to consider, the earth that gives shelter to us and provides us with our home of experience....she comes with 'life' in many forms and I think we need to not try to control all of that so much but more adhere to it, respect its power, respect its rights. I think there is more to learn through observing all reality as a one...then trying to see many separate realities trying to merge together.

I think...that to think is to create...to a degree....and that degree stops at the fact that we are a part of a bigger picture with many other thinkers involved in it. Im wondering if the idea of 'utopia' is people wanting to 'vanish' the thinkers they dont like...out of reality. In my troubled times of not doing always good things and having bad influence onto others...Im glad I was not vanished and was allowed...to learn. I only want to give that same right to all others...and hope that I can handle the influence they will have upon me.

Many say we are at a time of 'change'....some think their 'world' is going to become much better in the twinkling of an eye. I say why should it? You are a part of something much bigger then you.

Creating how we influence others starts with each of us...but we must not forget, we are also, a part of creation itself and it seems that it, has a mind, of its own.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hi LW

I often wonder...(cant help to, my mind just does that ya know lol)...that what if we all 'think' things for beyond ourself. You brought up the ideas that are all over the internet now days...to imagine something...focus and tune in on it..and it will become.

If such a power did exist...should we use it for personal desires? Could that be the whole problem? But then I must consider how many people wish and pray for the hungry children...or the people that dont have drinkable water. It doesnt seem that anything supernatural is happening for these people does it? And I know, millions of people pray for them.

We may be thinking too much...and not creating enough?

We have hands, feet, mouths...all these parts that come with this 'mind'....how do we reach the stage of 'moving mountains'?

We need more doers. We need a movement within mankind itself. We need the few...to become a many. We need to somehow, become motivated in a large way. We all feel very powerless...when it actually comes to 'doing'.

I see a great stand up within mankind...like a rushing water moving against its own currents. It wont be easy...and this is why I hope to help others 'join' the 'life' of living now and not be so much for the 'waiting game'. I think something will happen that will give many the chance to 'raise their hand' in the crowd...and I hope there will be enough when that time comes of the ones that have been 'thinking' to then start 'creating'.

I guess I hope to inspire some of those that 'wait' on glory or peace to be given....to help it 'become' right here on Earth.

At least, be a stepping stone for it anyways. Does praying really help? Does just 'thinking' by itself really do much? What would we all gain...really, if divine intervention changed our world?

I think many are tired and dont want to think that we have to wait on all the others that still fight wars, that still fight for pride and greed.....but who is to say, we are not exactly what they need? They give us a mirror to look into that reminds us of another path...and we offer them a mirror to look into when ready, to remind them of another path.

I feel that there are alot of souls looking forward to coming years because they think change is going to come out of the skies or they will be transformed into a better world. All I see....is good hearted souls that the Earth and mankind are in sore need of.

If they dont get what they are expecting....they can come back and blame me!!! Because in my 'thinking' Im hoping Earth gets to 'keep them'.
Surely my little thoughts wont over ride their 'to think is to create' power>>>>or could it? Maybe it is all a matter of intention, whose intent is for the betterment of all? (this would explain why when we wish for that perfect house on a certain day, we dont get it?) hehe

We need those of positive visions (currently recruiting for Earth!)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hello Sahabi

So Im very curious of something you said...

In regards to sickness and pain, I have used my mind to cure myself repeatedly since 2002. It is very possible. But it is not instantaneous magic. For example, you have the common cold... perhaps with your thoughts or words you say, "I'm so sick, I feel horrible." With this train of thought you just reinforced the reality that you feel sick. But if you change the wording to something on the lines of... "I'll feel better soon, this sickness will pass soon, my body is strong and will heal itself," you will notice both your symptoms and length of sickness will decrease.

Can I ask you what was the most severe sickness you cured yourself?

Have you ever fought things like staph infections...snake bites....worms that get in your brain and start to eat at it?

Im sorry if that last part is a bit harsh (the worms thing) but Im curious if you dont find there are limitations to curing certain things that ale us.

I do think we can give our immune systems great burst of energy that can help us fight things off such as flu, common colds, bacterias....but I still find limitations to this that we dont have control over.

Sorry about the worms thing....but it is what kinda challenged my own thoughts in 'to think is to create'.

Watching that dang show called 'monsters inside me'
If you have not seen it...please dont watch it

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

What kind of a reality is created when people are waiting for something to happen? The word "limbo" comes to mind.

This deeply troubles me. I know some here at ATS get tired of hearing how much it does bother me...but I would not be true to who I am if I didnt express that I find this dangerous not only to their own well being in the mind of thought...but also they may pass up opportunities at hand that can influence others around them...due to 'waiting'.

I worry for others all the time...those that are in need of many things in many different ways. One of those is for those that I see having trouble adapting and coping....so they use the mind in ways to escape it, and wish it all away. In that idea...they have created reasons that we are not supposed to be here...that its all a mistake...that we have 'fallen' from grace or that we have been veiled and kept in ignorance against our will. I find all of that...excuses for them...to not except and work with, what they have been given.

I guess this is what made me speak out for a year of so against religions. Trying to help others see...this is not a mistake...so find the worth in it, find the purpose in it...find what there is to work with and shape it and mold it within your own potentials. Find your birth right and claim it in the best way you know how.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I guess I should tell a better story:

In 2004, close to Christmas, I was over in the Philippines visiting. Most of the children who saw me thought I was Santa. Some even took my hand and pressed it to their forehead in the gesture known as Pagmamano. I was thereby granted the ability to bless children. Of course, that has more to do with respect and expectation than some innate ability of my own, but real nonetheless.

So blessings to you and yours.
edit on 13-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
was listening to a radio show on the internet and the host was talking about rain in Australia. Some so-called scientists decided it was safe to ignore the normal cycles of climate and decide that man has wrecked all that and to instead of building a dam to control floods, to build a desalinization plant to compensate for imagined coming draughts. The floods came anyway and the plant got closed. So we don't change things like floods by wishing them away but plan for them and build a dam. That's how we change the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hi pthena!

Let me ask you this....

What 'self' was creating reality here on Earth...before man walked here to observe and be aware of it all?

For those that think we create our surroundings....who was creating the Earth and its 'life' before man walked on it?

Of course we influence our surroundings but we cant ignore that our surroundings also effect us.

There is interaction of 'life' going on here that 'makes reality' and this 'reality' does not have to have 'man who is self aware' for it to 'be'.

Always enjoy your stories!

LV

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thanks for that post, it reminds us of mother nature has its own path and 'mind' if you will...she has her own 'needs' to 'move and change and follow orders and cycles'....and we should not think we can control things such as nature.

I see some say...they can control clouds or bring rain ect.

Really....even if you could....dont be so full of yourself to think you are doing something 'good'. Dont think that you have more of a right to direct nature...then its own force of 'orders' that its in need of.

If nature brings storms, winds, fire, water, ect.....there is a NEED for them in some manner....we have to adhere to such unpredictable disturbances.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What 'self' was creating reality here on Earth...before man walked here to observe and be aware of it all?

Every atom has self and being, awareness isn't necessary for being, hence the concept of inert matter. Rocks and mountains and oceans exist whether they know it or not, and exert also their own field of reality.

Ultimately, I do believe in a God that does not exist anymore as a separate being, having poured himself completely into the act of creating, exploded in the big bang as it were, to interpenetrate every part of nature. I vacillate between pantheism and panentheism. The great spirit is the intervener, reducer of randomness.

It's possible that the gods are of two kinds, those who evolved naturally within the universe, and those who were created by people for various reasons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join