It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trends analyst predicts global youth uprising, 'progressive libertarians' in 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Yes, I agree that Ron Paul is a sort of nexus for many different political types. I registered Republican in the last presidential election so I could vote for him in the primary. Never in a million years would I have imagined myself registering Republican! A shame in my view is what his movement has become in the 3-4 years since the first tea party event (which was a Ron Paul supporters' event) the momentum as well as the "branding" of the grass roots movement has been co-opted by corporate interests under the guise of "libertarianism," and has little in common with the principles Ron Paul stands for. Nonetheless, he can have an impact, and he certainly has my vote (again).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wonder when a global revolution will uprise. At this point even an American Revolution is hoped for. When the big guns are done with us they will move on to the next country, my guess, China. It’s not a new concept they did it to Britain and will do it again.

I agree the internet is a splendid thing, it allows minds to meld, and people to not feel so solitary in their internal paranoia. I, too, wonder when this "Messiah" will arrive. I have begun to lose hope and I am not sure if Ron Paul is the answer to the problem. Whether he gets your vote or mine doesn't matter. Perhaps it will take a village, a nation, or a whole planet to wage the cataclysm. But with sites like ATS, we are definitely finding one another and that’s scary in itself because who else is watching?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join