It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You've taken what I've said out of context

Everything will be taken care of us because we've developed free energy and the technology to do almost all of our tasks we pay humans to do. Whether you realize it you are a modern slave, as am I. Labor owners are the slave masters with money as the carrot, this way the slaves take care of themselves and give them a false sense of freedom. However this slavery will not last forever. Do you think the day we have the technology to leave our solar system and travel around the galaxy, that we would have to come back to planet earth and work at the supermarket?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
War is only caused from conflicts, there is zero possibility for conflicts to happen.. If you can think of one, please let me know.

Ok, how about an advanced species that casts off a radical extremist portion of their own race who doesn't believe in peaceful co-existence with aliens and sends them packing looking for a new home. While looking for new home they find earth is nearest with just the right conditions for them and there's only some primitive monkeys to stand in their way of a new home.

Thats one example for you and I can tell you after reading sci-fi for 20 years I can come up with hundreds more.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Who knows, maybe the human race will be the ones to make first contact. They are talking about manned inter - planitary space travel within our lifetime so anything is possible. It could happen if we manage to survive for a few more hundred years without killing each other

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is sooo retarded

noone knows anything, so how can you say that aliens will most likely be something???

its one thing to say theres a possibility of life out there

but now were saying there most likely hostile? why not most likely peaceful?

oh yeah right because everything in the universe revolves around humans, and because humans are hostile than everyone else is too

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

~~~ Begin Quote~~~
Ok, how about an advanced species that casts off a radical extremist portion of their own race who doesn't believe in peaceful co-existence with aliens and sends them packing looking for a new home. While looking for new home they find earth is nearest with just the right conditions for them and there's only some primitive monkeys to stand in their way of a new home.

Thats one example for you and I can tell you after reading sci-fi for 20 years I can come up with hundreds more.
~~~End Quote~~~
Well if said species is eradicating their population of extremists, why would they not just kill them so they don't have to worry about that species establishing a base and attacking back? That is assuming that people don't EVOLVE past our thinking and lose desires to hurt others.

That is also not including that earth-like planets could be fairly common considering a galaxy has billions of stars, that's billion with 1,000,000,000, we are on 1 star on 1 planet. Meaning that it would actually cost more resources to attack us than to just land on an asteroid and mine the resources there, since there would be more to get anyways out in space than there is on this planet.

Can you think of anyother? Cause I don't think the last one is good enough for my standards

Sci-fi has a terrible envision of aliens by the way and I hope you have not been corrupted.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

RESOURCE-HUNGRY? oh no I dont think so. An Alien species that can fly across the Universe does not need to prospect the Earth for resources, they can go anywhere else.

What if tasty humans are only (conveniently) found here on Earth? Hum?

Remember, humans consider any species that is less intelligent than their own to be less deserving to live and a potential/viable food source. So, unless "intelligent" means something entirely different in some alien species dictionary, I have little doubt they would harvest and eat us all once they found us. It would be like you humans finding a school of fish that had been hiding in the ocean.

If them aliens are anything like humans, you all should be very very afraid of them. You all better hope and pray that any potential visiting aliens are nothing like yourselves or you all will end up taking a tour through some space aliens intestines .. assuming they too eat and enjoy murder, flesh, and blood, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Gawd help you all if aliens are even remotely like yourselves, ha.

Oh, and assuming what you say were to be the case with some visiting aliens, what if WE are the "anywhere else" planet?
edit on 13-1-2011 by Shamanistical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
IMO, i think any aliens advanced enough to get here are probably nice, or if not, neutral. violence is so....primitive. i think it's much more likely that they would come here and either leave us alone, or try to trade with us, if that. maybe they wouldn't go after earth, but a neighboring planet? or a moon, for resources?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well if said species is eradicating their population of extremists, why would they not just kill them so they don't have to worry about that species establishing a base and attacking back? That is assuming that people don't EVOLVE past our thinking and lose desires to hurt others.

Said species's majority may to too enlightend to kill their missguided minority and would rather cast them out and wipe their hands of them.

That is also not including that earth-like planets could be fairly common considering a galaxy has billions of stars, that's billion with 1,000,000,000, we are on 1 star on 1 planet. Meaning that it would actually cost more resources to attack us than to just land on an asteroid and mine the resources there, since there would be more to get anyways out in space than there is on this planet.

Yes but I said they were looking for a home, not a new source of minerals.

Can you think of anyother? Cause I don't think the last one is good enough for my standards

Sci-fi has a terrible envision of aliens by the way and I hope you have not been corrupted.

Look for a book called Footfall by Lary Niven, its a good read and fits into this debate perfectly. I could list more but were just theorizing in the end so theres really no point. I don't dispute they could just as likely be peaceful but I'd rather err on the side of caution until we to are traveling the stars.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Hummm... you are right they are interdimensional beings but the actions in parallel dimensions affect this plane and for sure if they would/want to destroy us they have done it many thousand years ago without weapons or putting even a finger in this planet

link   

Originally posted by Conspiritron9000
... or try to trade with us ...

Hum, what lessor intelligent species here on Earth do the humans trade with I wonder .. or do the icky Earth Hmans just TAKE what they want from that which they have deemed less superior to themselves? Do the humans even try to negotiate with the less intelligent life on Earth before we evict all of Earths other creatures from their lands so that humans can build their castles wherever they please? Did you humans even try to ask a cow if it deserved to live or not and whether it wanted to be eaten or not before you shoveled it into your blood thirsty food holes?

Humans are the galactic threat if you want my honest unbiased opinion of them. If there are any aliens out there, they should fear Earth humans finding THEM. You know, them aliens should attack and blow up planet Earth before humans advance to the point where they could start threatening to murder and eat creatures throughout the universe, ha.

Humans have a long long way to go before they could be considered intelligent and peceful. A long long way to go .. moooocho evolutionary improvement/advancement yet to go .. !! Loose the fangs, vampires, and maybe then the space aliens will want to visit planet Earth and be your friends. Right now, humans are horrible monsters.

link   
reply to post by burntheships

If you got some SNOT and slung it to space, after a few hundred Million years who knows what or where it could turn up.

And NASA did send some snot to the Moon or Did they......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is so absurd and incorrect that I would have to call it fear mongering propaganda.

Point # 1 ) If aliens wanted us dead, we already would be dead.

Point # 2 ) If hostile aliens approached, they would have orbital bombardment capabilities and would be able to destroy Earth in seconds.

Just because humans want to destroy everything they see, it does not follow that all other lifeforms will also be as negative and twisted.

I agree.

I tend to think that aliens will probably be like every other living thing out there that has a conscious thought process. Some are nice, some are mean, some are sick and twisted, some are loving and peaceful.

Just like how some people on Earth want to kill and destroy the environment, while others devote their life to preservation and protection.

For all we know, there could be aliens out there that want to hurt us, and they come and abduct us, and there could be others that protect us, and help us. If you buy into the ancient alien theory of explaining the ancient religious texts, MOST of the so called "angels" or "beings from the heavens" are pretty nice and seem to have a good balance of being powerful, yet interested in lesser life forms in a positive sense.

Who knows......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
If you got some SNOT and slung it to space, after a few hundred Million years who knows what or where it could turn up.

And NASA did send some snot to the Moon or Did they......

Well I didn't see that NASA sent SNOT to the Moon. You have any links for that? But according to NASA SNOT is our ancestor

Meet your great great great grandpappy...

From cave slime to cave man

Cave Slime
www.nasa.gov...

Well heck Since Obama told em they can't go back to the Moon or to Mars for 25 years, what else have the got to do besides look for arsenic lifeforms in muddy brine lakes or dig up cave slime?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not enough people consider the fact that we are clearly living on a farm.

When travelling billions of miles across the universe you need farms for food, resources etc. We are on their farm. That is why they haven't introduced themselves. Everyone always asks "but if they were here why wouldn't they reveal themselves?" Now try to imagine you are a farmer with animals, does he want to explain to the sheep or pigs what's going to happen to them? To show them the true reason for their existence, to let them witness what will occur in the slaughter house? Of course not, they would be terrified.

I'm not saying that humans are here to be eaten, just that we are part of their farm and we will have an important role to play. They might want us to make technology that they can use if they are out in these parts or they might harvest chemicals/minerals from us or they might have even designed us to have the same organs as them to use us as donors, there are all kinds of possibilities, but we can only speculate for now. We most likely have multiple uses.

One thing for sure is that one way or another they have a lot control over the direction in which we are guided. I also have no doubt that they will treat us far better than we treat animals
edit on 13-1-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by trag3d1
noone knows anything, so how can you say that aliens will most likely be something?

Well, we're just doing a little bit of speculation. No harm in that.

I suppose if we were to look at UFOs and abductions as somehow the work of "aliens" (although there's certainly no good link between the two), it would appear that aliens don't really give a crap about us at all except in very rare cases, and then only possibly as a minor curiosity. We seem to mostly be way below their radar.

But it could all change tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There the farmers and were the cattle. Also just cause they have advanced technology doesn't mean that their violence oriented thinking has gone a way. We are a good example of that. Been violent since the caveman times and now that we have nuclear energy and stuff were still as violent. We have just learned to suppress it better.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
EDIT: Excuse the spelling errors I typed fast

Well I read a bit of this thread and wanna add my 2 cents. First off I will only reply to a logical and reasonable argument to this. Any less I will just ignore.

Who is anyone on these threads to assume what race is benevolent and such? There are MANY MANY factors of a race.

1) Their history
Humans have been dominated by the few for thousands of years (Not counting family tribes and such). They have directed the sheep of our race to 'think' humans are naturally bad. Humans have NEVER met an ET (In mass at least) so they say make something up to fill in the gap. "Maybe they're jsut like us! But they look funny and are more advance!" You know nothing about them for fact, so this is not fact as far as we know.

2) If they were aggressive We would be dead by now
With this most people assume they don't exist. But what if the fact they have not shown because they did not want to mess with our development? If we become spacefairing and truely are hostile to the space community they could just eradicate us before we are advanced enoguh to fight back.

3) Aliens are physical
(Remember the above) Who's to assume they are physical? Is it possible if its technology or spirituallity they have come from the need for a physical body? if so they wouldn't even need space they just exist.

4) All Aliens act same
I see this a lot. The general mass assume every alien of a race acts the same. If there are other intellegent beings I'm pretty sure they would have some individuality, unless they're clones or something. This also applied to aggressive or peaceful. Some bad some could be good. Other may just not care. Just because one group claims to represent the mass doesn't meen the mass agree with them (Again, unless they are clones or some kind of hive mind).

5) Knowledge
Like the physical or spiritual above, who's to say they aliens have some awareness or technology to affect quatum physics? In addition they could jsut go to antoher dimention. If this is the case then there is NO reason for war. If dimensions exists then there are INFINITE possibilities to all possible outcomes. Need materials? Go to another dimension and get them if you have to.

In addtion to the knowledge...Time is not a straight line...
edit on 13-1-2011 by Passafist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I read a comment in another post about some astranaut,when asked about aliens intentions he said that there is no need to worry cause what causes war is lack of food or religion.So aliens being advanced species are beyond these and are there fore safe and peaceful.

I would say this is simplifing the situation.War is about contol and gaining of power,as is religion.Its the taking over of anothers land and stealing their recourcesmNot cause of religion,this just rallies the troops, demonises the enimey

So lets say aliens, if they exist are 2 thousand years ahead of us,technology evolves so much faster than our spiritual awareness.They could have the exact same goals as humans,Be just as intent on power and believing we are cattle that need to be controledl,as the elite do.Except the aliens have fancy spandex suits and plasma guns so we gotta do what they say.And they are even more removed from the common man than our own governments.so alien intervention is not on my wish list.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Accually I remember on some radio that one of the people who went to the moon said the CLOSE same thing. I don't remember the name but he was the sixth person on the moon I think. There is a video of it somewhere on youtube and he claims there may be a SLOW disclosure of UFO investigation by the US and USSR due to the preassure of other nations who already released them.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Passafist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That's nice. Except they're wrong. There are many intelligent species on Earth, and there have been many on Earth. One looks like Man. us. And a slight change would make us extinct. The fact is aliens can be any kind of form.

also, resources are plentiful. Hunger means they're full.

I think the reporter says it better and the scientist is wrong.

These aliens may look unfamiliar, but any differences would be skin-deep.

edit on 13-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

EDIT

AOOOHHHH GOOODD NOT THIS DINGBAT.

Moris is not a reliable source. he's the one who created the bipedal humanoid dinosaurs.

This man has been repeatedly proven wrong, and by all means, is a horribly speculative biologist.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join