It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Kill all threats to humanity!!! If we can shoot mexicans on the border for trying to cross, a practice I disagree with, then why not kill aliens for not paying our "atmosphere tax"? LOL we need an abuse of power tax on the elites! LOL Only way aliens can come in peace is if they cum in peace
. Pleidian women look hot and I would be Neil Armstrong on those ETs; and I will turn into Andrew Zimmerman with anything not resemling a human female as long as it is a female of said alien species lol. All in the name of "interstellar relations".

Annunaki women aint seen dominance in the bedroom lie me since Enki. LOL cmon knowledge is perverted by this stalemate of BS. Talk of aliens when the ruling lite are eating our brains, but we got ETs on the mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Aliens don't need to destroy us. we're doing a pretty good job of that, all on our own..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
NEW POLL SAYS THAT STUDIES LIKE THIS ARE NOT WHAT THE WORLD THINKS, JUST WHAT A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE THINK!! MAKING THIS THREAD 100% POINTLESS!! WOOHOO!!

War mongering civilizations do not survive to make it to other stars [WE ARE LIKELY SAID CIVILIZATION], they kill themselves first, which will likely be our end. Don't forget about those 60,000 nuclear weapons we used to have, and the 3000+ nuclear weapons that have been exploded upon our mother earth, and that we made them not even 100 years ago. We physically built the bomb, spread it around the planet, and now the match just waits to be lit. Unless we undergo some serious changes we will never leave our star, the only thing that will be left is our golden record just flying in a random void of space.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Even warlike civilizations require motives to expend the effort for war. Individuals can be psychopathic and irrational but usually successful groups weed these out.

The point of the scientists is that if ETs exist, the ones which are expansionistic and likely to encounter us will have agendas of their own, and be willing to fight for them.

They aren't going to exterminate people for no reason---especially if they think there might be something to gain in the future. Earth has no particularly valuable mineral resources compared to uninhabited asteroids. But it does have particularly valuable biological resources. We're more valuable alive than dead.

The best scenario is that ETs may be like "us" but there is some galactic balance of power between them which (usually) precludes too much disaster from happening to us that isn't self-inflicted.

The real message is that if we start jumping into the grown-ups pool, we will need ET allies, and we ought to choose them very carefully.
edit on 13-1-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by Raider of Truth

But do you really think a civilization would be able to advance and get to the point that they are at by being hostile?? I think not, they would have destroyed themselves eons ago

If they were irrationally hostile, yes.

If they were rationally hostile but administratively capable, then they could be quite effective, c.f. Roman Empire.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
War mongering civilizations do not survive to make it to other stars [WE ARE LIKELY SAID CIVILIZATION], they kill themselves first, which will likely be our end.

You make that statement based on what evidence or example? Again, applying human concepts to aliens is wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

I have heard this argument so many damn times it isn't even funny anymore!!

If Aliens exist, they are not out to get us & heres a few simple answers as to why....

Firstly, Resources: Cmon' folks use your heads!! Earths resources are nothing compared to the resources found in other parts of the Solar System & beyond. Why go to war with a race and expend resources just to obtain some more resources that are just as easily got by mining an un-inhabited world, asteroid or moon. They don't need our resources, there's so much more out there to grab with so much less effort.

Thats why we should fear a visit. They won't come for minerals but for earths biology.

Secondly, colonization: There's possibly/Probably millions of habitable worlds out there with no sentient life already on them. Why go to war with a species, and again, expend vital resources and life, just for a peace of rock that someone else lives on, when the star system next door has a habitable world with nobody living there.

This is speculation at best. In our history we have yet to find a planet suitable for us which soo far implies habitable planets(for us) are quite rare. If earth was the nearest habitable planet for aliens I think they would come here rather than expending the energy to go farther.

Thirdly, Slaves: Nup, not worth the effort of a highly advanced alien race to bother capturing and enslaving an entire race for slave labor. They have to feed us, they have to keep us fit and healthy, they have to guard us and tuck us in at night. If they are so highly evolved, they can just as easily make a robot slave force to do the work much more efficiently than humans ever would.

Robots would be a waste of energy and resources when biological ones require a fraction of the energy and resources and they reproduce. If a old species had thousands of years of experience in slavery who knows what they could be capable of.

Fourthly, Food: OK... well, maybe human flesh is appealing to some species out there, but with all the crap we put into ourselves, they'd all die of blocked arteries in a few 100 years.

They may not want to eat us but other bio matter on earth and if they were willing to cross the stars for food in the first place that would be an good indication they really need some and would probably fight for it.

Fifth, DNA: Their race is dying, they need new DNA. Well all they need to do is ask nicely!! Don't take much more than a prick on the finger from each person on earth to give the aliens enough diverse DNA to last them 10,000 years.

Thats a possibilty but it relies completely on the chance our DNA's would be compatible. Very highly unlikely imo.

Sixth, Breeding: Heeell Yeah!!! I'm all for it!! I have heard some of those Annunaki babes are pretty hot!! Mind you if I was faced with death or mating with Jabba the Hutts sister, I'd take a few minuets to consider the options and prolly' go with number one!!

Maybe the mass rape of humanity would finally give us all something in common and unify humanity.

In conclusion, there's not too many legitimate reasons for an alien race to be hostile towards Earth and a great deal more reasons for them to be friendly.
edit on 1/13/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

Can't say I agree with your conclusion. If we use humanity as an example (which is all we have right now) its pretty clear we find more reasons to fight than to make peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If there is a group of Aliens that have the capability to travel great distances in a short time (which i believe there are) then they have extremely advanced technology. And to achieve that level of technology, and to be able to traverse the universe i believe that you have to have spiritual wisdom! Wisdom of things that us humans simply have no clue about!

Also, if they have this great technology then i highly doubt that they would have to invade and pillage other planets!

These people are assuming that civilizations that can do this have minds like us. Which i doubt, they have to have wisdom LIGHTYEARS ahead of ours! Which in turn, makes them more peaceful and loving!

What i'm trying to say is... To be able to travel the universe in a efficient way these aliens would have to know secrets about the universe, wisdom that is most likely held by groups here on earth like the freemasons, the illuminati, and even secret government sects. And to make this technology work and be able to get to that level of living they must be highly conscious beings!

So no, i don't believe for one second that aliens coming to earth would be anything like Colombus coming to America.

(infact they most likely ARE here, and the mounds of evidence from the past show that they taught us and tried pointing us in the right direction)

These scientists are thinking in the realm of our civilization, of our way of living and being, of our way of treating others. They aren't looking at it in the right perspective!

Anyone agree/disagree? Or maybe has anything to add to what i believe?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Do you know what happened to the Roman Empire?!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

-any alien life we find is going to originate from OUR solar system. Nowhere else in the Universe, do you know

why? The distances between our Solar System and another one are so vast that we don't exist in the same span

of time... It's not plausible for any species to contact and interact with another species unless they both

originate from with in the same Solar System...

My final conclusion about Sentient Extraterrestrial Lifeforms.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurReality
These people are assuming that civilizations that can do this have minds like us. Which i doubt, they have to have wisdom LIGHTYEARS ahead of ours! Which in turn, makes them more peaceful and loving!

Why do you assume wisdom/experience = pacifists? Humanities wisdom has exploded in the last 150 years and we are no closer to being a unified peaceful race now then we were 2000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

~~~Begin Quote~~~
You make that statement based on what evidence or example? Again, applying human concepts to aliens is wrong.
~~~End Quote~~~

I make that statement based off of my personal opinion, which is what this forum is right? No one can prove any of this at our state of knowledge... But what I can say is that over 3000 nuclear weapons have been used on earth, we're very bent on destroying each other and ourselves its only a matter of time before something happens, It has not even been 100 years yet since we've had these things

Let me use your own logic against you, provide me an example that warlike civilizations exist that travel the stars? I think its more likely that advanced species form alliances of peace that would prevent a warlike species from expansion and threatening their security.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

www.csmonitor.com

When considering the prospect of alien life, humankind should prepare for the worst, according to a new study: Either we're alone, or any aliens out there are acquisitive and resource-hungry, just like us.

These two unpalatable options are pretty much the only possibilities....

British scientist Simon Conway Morris believes there are only two possibilities for alien life; either we're alone or aliens exist, and they are out to get us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

Originally posted by SurReality

Why do you assume wisdom/experience = pacifists? Humanities wisdom has exploded in the last 150 years and we are no closer to being a unified peaceful race now then we were 2000 years ago.

See this response makes me realize why your opinion is the way it is. You do not realize that we wont be fighting over resources is the main part they will be pacifists,the slavery we endure is only a part of our species evolution, there will not be money in 1000 years, nor will their be jobs, everything will be taken care of for us. War is only caused from conflicts, there is zero possibility for conflicts to happen.. If you can think of one, please let me know.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I doubt they would do it just for fun, there has to be reason as it would be a waste of resources. Unless Mankind does to the Galaxy what Mankind has done to this Planet, we breed like rats, meddle in everybodys affairs and leave a trail of destruction and pollution everywhere we go.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
From the original article:
"But the fact that we haven't run across E.T. yet argues strongly for the latter possibility — that we are alone in the universe's howling void, the study suggests."

Nothing like objective reporting, huh? What other type of extraterrestrial visitor could possibly come from a "howling void", than a decidedly unfriendly one?
Then, too, in light of the fact that the Christian Science Monitor is the source, I suppose such a concept of the Universe might just tend to make you wanna say a little prayer, and not stray too far from the flock...
edit on 1/13/11 by BuzzCory because: Clarification, what else?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SurReality

For me, there is no "IF". The solar system is a big place. The galaxy is a bigger place. The universe has no end. In abstraction, think of the Earth as a seed on a plant in a big meadow, a big boundless meadow. Just one small seed on one of many plants. Does that mean that in all that meadow, there is only one seed that is capable of significance? That seed is significant only in relation to the observer's proximity to it and the observer's desire to render significance to the seed.

Off planet intelligent life probably holds us with as much regard we ourselves would regard of, say, a particular corn plant in a particular cornfield that we are passing by on a summer's drive. Not much.

Another thing we don't want to see is a seasonal change in a galaxy's course. Actually, we are more than likely incapable of perceiving that because we don't collectively last that long.

Another reason for higher life forms to hold us with little regard; add to this that we (human beings) function as parasites on Earth.

Throw in on top of that when intelligent life does serendipitously observe our life, what does it further observe?
Nasty little infighting, power drunk, parasitic, malevolent, malignant, evil little s##ts.

I'd weed whack that, wouldn't you?

Earth has to shed the parasitic and it needs help to blossom into whatever it is supposed to become. If man wants to thrive, man had better make certain that this seed can germinate and quit functioning as a parasite.
Then maybe Earth will blossom into something of significance and the rest of the universe will come to us in droves to see the beautiful flower in the boundless meadow.

That's what spirit is all about. Right now, we give ourselves way too much credit.

Does that make sense?

That's my spin.

edit on 13-1-2011 by RighteousDude because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

, everything will be taken care of for us.

Yeah and when that happens there will be no need to create, explore, learn new things or strive to be better at what we do...

The ultimate sheep... docile and fed... no need to do anything..

And civilization stagnates

Thanks but no thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
DO not agree, i believe if aliens are advanced enough to travel all this way on the resources they have from there home world I think they would already of mastered the technology of unlimited energy

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Let me use your own logic against you, provide me an example that warlike civilizations exist that travel the stars?

I cannot and thats why I knocked your post. We can't know until it happens. From our human experience however I can list the vikings as a raiding and pilaging culture, who traveled massive distances, that didn't need the things they went to war for, they just wanted to get rich and they did by killing others.
edit on 13-1-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join