It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
We are man, We are war!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

Are we a self-absorbed, knuckle dragging and thoroughly paranoid culture, or what???

Self-absorbed: We assume the worst of an unknown life form because we immediately equate that with the one thing we DO know: Humans are dangerous scum so therefore, aliens are too.

Knuckle dragging: Instead of trying to improve ourselves, evolving and rising above our most primitive tendencies, we embrace them and make excuses for their continued existence.

Paranoid: Fear flying. Fear strangers. Fear those of opposite political slant. Fear religion. And now, fear the unknown.

Yes, we are trained to fall back into our dark, damp caves while stoking little fires in fear of the night skies.

If there are alien species out there visiting, they have no reason to want to contact us directly. In fact, they probably wear latex gloves and dust masks just looking at us up close. We are the trailer trash of the universe.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well if we follow what one big conspiracy theory says, that our military is already capable of intersteller travel (this is what I believe), if this is indeed true that we humans have mastered intersteller travel, why would we be so sure that aliens are more advanced than us ? They could simply be at our stage in evolution and have also mastered intersteller travel, no? If we mastered it, someone else probably can. So could be just as violent as we are, we are not to assume that they are billions of years in advance on us.

That's the only problem that I have with people say "aliens are advanced" and often those same people accept that our military have vehicles that can travel lightyears.

As john lear says, documented people like us probably only know 0.5% of the militarys technology capabilitys (I believe this to be true, even though I mostly don't have the same opinion as him).

But I do not agree that aliens will probably want to exterminate us, that's just pure speculation based on nothing, but I do believe we should pepare ourselves to all eventualitys.
edit on 13-1-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I have heard this argument so many damn times it isn't even funny anymore!!

If Aliens exist, they are not out to get us & heres a few simple answers as to why....

Firstly, Resources: Cmon' folks use your heads!! Earths resources are nothing compared to the resources found in other parts of the Solar System & beyond. Why go to war with a race and expend resources just to obtain some more resources that are just as easily got by mining an un-inhabited world, asteroid or moon. They don't need our resources, there's so much more out there to grab with so much less effort.

Secondly, colonization: There's possibly/Probably millions of habitable worlds out there with no sentient life already on them. Why go to war with a species, and again, expend vital resources and life, just for a peace of rock that someone else lives on, when the star system next door has a habitable world with nobody living there.

Thirdly, Slaves: Nup, not worth the effort of a highly advanced alien race to bother capturing and enslaving an entire race for slave labor. They have to feed us, they have to keep us fit and healthy, they have to guard us and tuck us in at night. If they are so highly evolved, they can just as easily make a robot slave force to do the work much more efficiently than humans ever would.

Fourthly, Food: OK... well, maybe human flesh is appealing to some species out there, but with all the crap we put into ourselves, they'd all die of blocked arteries in a few 100 years.

Fifth, DNA: Their race is dying, they need new DNA. Well all they need to do is ask nicely!! Don't take much more than a prick on the finger from each person on earth to give the aliens enough diverse DNA to last them 10,000 years.

Sixth, Breeding: Heeell Yeah!!! I'm all for it!! I have heard some of those Annunaki babes are pretty hot!! Mind you if I was faced with death or mating with Jabba the Hutts sister, I'd take a few minuets to consider the options and prolly' go with number one!!

OK, admittedly, there is a few scenarios that might have Aliens attacking earth..

Religion: They may think out religions are barbaric and might invade to convert us.

Spite: Maybe they are just plain mean and do it for the hell of it.

Territory: Maybe Earth is inside an expanse of space they consider to be theirs and conquer us to make us part of their empire. "maybe they should come and ask us to join them first though".

Nut-jobs: They are one of those fanatical races that want to end all life in the universe, just some nut-jobs right here on earth think all humans should be wiped out.

Self defense: The aliens are more likely to be forced to defend themselves from us, because people have this idea that aliens are bad and need to be shot on sight. "Hello people of Earth, we come in"....."BAM"!!! More likely some gun nut is gunna' start the first interstellar war for us!!

In conclusion, there's not too many legitimate reasons for an alien race to be hostile towards Earth and a great deal more reasons for them to be friendly.
edit on 1/13/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I can understand this school of thought, but this is soley based on HUMAN experience. We are yet to even be a class 1 civilization, and I would be surprised if we make it there before blowing ourselvs to kingdom come!

If aliens do exist, which is very plausable, then they would have had to get past this point of violence and destruction to survive and advance to where they are at today. I feel it is much, much more likely that they are civilized and understand the importance of collective peace. Sure there are probably bad seeds in the bunch, there always are... but again it is much more probable that in order for them to advance and survive destruction they have evolved into a much more peaceful species than ourselves.

Just my 2 cents....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If they are AI intelligence then more than likely they ARE hostile, if they are biological it could go either way. In the same way we can.

edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

But do you really think a civilization would be able to advance and get to the point that they are at by being hostile?? I think not, they would have destroyed themselves eons ago

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

i dont think theres only 2 options here...u say we are either alone...or other life is as dangerous as we are?

i dont think thats the case infact...if there is life out there and they can get here then they are WAY more advanced than us which means they probably dont require the resources we do to survive...they've probably masterd using a stars energy...or other forms that are dotted throughout the universe...we are just at the beginning of harnessing the suns power...but a more advanced race could probably travel the universe re-charging power from stars as they pass them by...meaning when they get here the last thing they will want is our oil, coal, gold or other minerals

if they were a violent species its probably because they want control rather than resources.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not only do I believe there are highly benevolent as well as malevolent aliens throughout our galaxy and that many of them have visited Earth - I also believe if they wanted to destroy us they would have done so already if allowed to do so , that's why I further believe that there is an interplanetary federation of Type 3 civilisations that are protecting us from hostile ETs.

There is also a universal code that prevents ETs from any race directly interfering with cultures at our level of development.

If these protocol's don't exist or are ignored by a malevolent species that decides to attack us to help themselves to Earth's resources , we would be dead and gone before we clapped eyes on our advanced foes.

Thankfully , I reckon aliens with that level of technology would be capable of making any mineral or material they could ever need through nanotechnology or mining uninhabited planets without disturbing young civilisations like our own.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
RESOURCE-HUNGRY? oh no I dont think so. An Alien species that can fly across the Universe does not need to prospect the Earth for resources, they can go anywhere else. Places where we cant go yet.

How easily we forget we are small and the biosphere is just the lower layer. Our world is contained and spread over a small surface of rock, in Universe terms.
edit on 13-1-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is so absurd and incorrect that I would have to call it fear mongering propaganda.

Point # 1 ) If aliens wanted us dead, we already would be dead.

Point # 2 ) If hostile aliens approached, they would have orbital bombardment capabilities and would be able to destroy Earth in seconds.

Just because humans want to destroy everything they see, it does not follow that all other lifeforms will also be as negative and twisted.

Point #3) One alien says to another, "Let's just let them destroy themselves. If a few hostile forms make it out alive, we'll kill em then."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

If Aliens exist, I really dont think they "think" like us.
Even if they look like us - as the OP scientist says - that does not mean they look like us.

I am thinking along the lines of Men in Black which is a lot closer to reality that many of us realize.

As to how they really think...well

If all of the descriptions of them at nuclear facilities are true, thats something to factor in.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Im reminded:

"Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?" Bob Monkhouse

Seriously, if they couldve? They wouldve already. And they didnt....yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Cant argue about much there, cept to say that in the last remake of
The Day The Earth Stood Still, even the Aliens sent here to kill the humans and leave the planet
in tact decided otherwise. Once they go to know us, it was portrayed that they found love.

So thats an interesting idea. We cant be all bad, nah.

edit on 13-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Upon contemplating this theory, my train of thought leads me to believe that -

if the elite pretend to be our saviors in the light of day, and steer us to thinking any and all alien bodies are malevolent and lethal to the human race as a whole, then the logical deductions - to me - implies that the contrary is probably true -

the elite want us wiped off the planet while other life forms, more likely than not, do not.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Resources such as heavy metals, complex hydrocarbons, and water, are everywhere, if our own solar system is any indication. Talking them from an inhabited planet is problematic because it would simply cost more then taking them from a lifeless rock somewhere in deep space.

Slaves are more problematic and more costly then robots, once you have developed the technology to travel between stars.

And so on.

The people who write these kinds of articles are either deliberately misleading you, or they are morons.

IF aliens exist, and IF they are imperialistic, then it follows that they aren't here for your phat lewts.

In fact -- the only possible explanation of why anyone would take the time or trouble to colonize a planet like ours, which already has intelligent life, is if they are religious fanatics (looking to convert us), or sexual perverts (looking to F us). And even that is pretty thin.
edit on 13-1-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Who cares what Stephen Hawking or this other scientist thinks about the intent of ET's?
I sure don't.
I've seen it so many times. Instill fear. Fear aliens. They'll harvest your vital organs and use your planet's resources.

To think that there are only two options regarding aliens and humans is seriously preposterous. How can a scientist back this up scientifically? He can't! It's bogus, I think most everyone here agrees with that.

I was thinking about this whole ET's thing today, about contact and why they haven't helped us already (we obviously are in need).

Well a couple of thoughts occured to me:
1) We already have gotten help from them. - At this point in our civilization it seems there have been a lot of instances where we damn near blew ourselves up.
At an unusual press conference recently held in Washington, D.C., a UFO author and a half-dozen or so former U.S. military airmen asserted that "The U.S. Air Force is lying about the national security implications of unidentified aerial objects at nuclear bases and we can prove it." They claim that since 1948, extraterrestrials in spaceships have not only been visiting Earth but hovering over British and American nuclear missile sites and temporarily deactivating the weapons.
livescience.com article source

Norway spiral, Russian test failure

California Mystery Missile

2) We need to ask for help. - We need to close our minds and try to connect with our friends from throughout the galaxy and universe and ask them for help. Perhaps we aren't actively monitored by ET's (this is not my belief), so this is the only way for them to know we need help. Or perhaps they wish to allow us our free will as humans, as we deserve, before storming in and taking over, in which case, a simple "please help" could do the trick.

Yes, perhaps there are some malevolent life forms out there besides humans, but we ought not generalize. Are all humans good, or all evil? No. There is a spectrum, as I would presume exists in the rest of our universe.

I heard a very cool analogy once, I can't remember who said it.
If you're in a dark room, it seems all hope is lost and there is no good left. It only takes a tiny little flame and the darkness scatters, scurries, disappears.

3) Operate on a positive wavelength - We need to omit positive vibrations in order to attract positive entities. This new fear mongering tactic of having scientists warn us about aliens is nothing but something to keep us where they want us - afraid.

I know that when TSHTF, I'll personally be welcoming ET's and their crafts and friends, so long as the vibe feels right.

Fearless Love

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First things first everone should look at the lined site Atomic Rocket Project: Aliens

A quote for the folks who hate links.

Consider the high improbability that any two Earth-like planets will form and evolve to the exact and ideal conditions that develop and support carbon-based life.

Consider also the number of mass extinctions that have occurred in Earth's past. It is unlikely that the same number of these would occur on another Earth- like world at exactly the same time and with the exact same frequency.

Finally, consider the cultural developments in Earth's history, and apply a few "What Ifs." What if Democracy had never developed beyond the conceptual stage? What if Rome had never fallen? What if Columbus had never received any financial backing from the Spaniards? What if the Nazis had developed the atomic bomb first?

SPECULATION
Would any of one of these events have delayed or advanced human development by as much as 0.001%? One value given for the age of the Earth is 4.567 billion years. A +/- 0.001% change would set human evolution back by 4.567 million years (Apes), or advance it by 4.567 million years (Angels).

Thus, by �Apes & Angels� one could say that any two worlds that formed at exactly the same time, and that have had billions of years to go from dust to sentient life, could differ by as much as 9.134 million years in evolution!

A divergence of only 0.000001% would still separate the two extremes by 9.134 thousand years. With this value, one alien world could have a bronze-age culture (year = 2560 BCE), while another could be far ahead of our own, both culturally and technologically (year = 6574 CE). Maybe not �Apes & Angels� but perhaps �Spearchuckers & Supermen�?

END SPECULATION

Aside from that, Torch and Seed ships may be the way in which other life forms spread out in the universe. They would work in such a way that the beings who get off of the ship on a planet will not have the means to get back 'home; and logically would not have any qualms about killing off the locals. Remember that any biological life will have a drive to reproduce and not put up with anything wishing to stop or curtail that drive.

Another important issue is Mechanical Life (AI) would see all matter as material to calculate with. Quantum computing at a super advanced stage would be able to write information into the charge of any electron, which are a component of atoms, you are made of atoms, your computer is made of atoms, the air is made of atoms you get the point I think. So to say that a external life form will not be hostile would be foolish to assume. Some of the arguments about 'Oh higher life forms would never expend energy to remove a lower life form from existence" is bunk. Humans have a huge potential to become galaxy spanning in scope and destructiveness, and any logical being would be able to foresee this based on what we have done in our history and what we are doing now. One needs to look no farther then what people do to pests to see how a superior being could see us. Believing that aliens are all inherently good is the same as believing that all humans are inherently good.

link   

If aliens, ETs exists all we have to do is let the Vatican convert them to Christianity lol. Cmon Aliens wouldnt stand a chance against our virtual pogramming. No Worries about Ets and lets worry about humanity from Earth; the true threat. Aliens cmon really?

link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by Raider of Truth

But do you really think a civilization would be able to advance and get to the point that they are at by being hostile?? I think not, they would have destroyed themselves eons ago

Not at all true. A species could be highly xenophobic and untollerent of other life forms. A good sci-fi writer once said the first rule of communication with aliens is "the alien mind is alien" so drop preconceptions of how we think they should think.
edit on 13-1-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join